The venus project

The venus project

Postby MrFreeV » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Now, i don't know about you but something about the venus project (VP) reeks of the next step of control under the guise of a new, reformed and better society.
I remember watching the zeitgeist movie and feeling absolutely elated when i came across the VP. however there was something in it that just made me leave it alone, so i took the good feelings and did so.
It's been a while now since i checked out VP so i shall do so tonight and see if that same skepticism still exists :peace:
Gaining momentum :cheer:
Love Is Free
:peace:
MrFreeV

Re: The venus project

Postby Jim » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:28 pm

I have my suspicions about the Venus Project. These are the stated aims of the Venus Project:

1. Realizing the declaration of the world's resources as being the common heritage of all people.
2. Transcending the artificial boundaries that currently and arbitrarily separate people.
3. Replacing money-based nationalistic economies with a resource-based world economy.
4. Assisting in stabilizing the world’s population through education and voluntary birth control.
5. Reclaiming and restoring the natural environment to the best of our ability.
6. Redesigning cities, transportation systems, agricultural industries, and industrial plants so that they are energy efficient, clean, and able to conveniently serve the needs of all people.
7. Gradually outgrowing corporate entities and governments, (local, national, or supra- national) as means of social management.
8. Sharing and applying new technologies for the benefit of all nations.
9. Developing and using clean renewable energy sources.
10. Manufacturing the highest quality products for the benefit of the world’s people.
11. Requiring environmental impact studies prior to construction of any mega projects.
12. Encouraging the widest range of creativity and incentive toward constructive endeavour.
13. Outgrowing nationalism, bigotry, and prejudice through education.
14. Eliminating elitism, technical or otherwise.
15. Arriving at methodologies by careful research rather than random opinions.
16. Enhancing communication in schools so that our language is relevant to the physical conditions of the world.
17. Providing not only the necessities of life, but also offering challenges that stimulate the mind while emphasizing individuality rather than uniformity.
18. Finally, preparing people intellectually and emotionally for the changes and challenges that lie ahead.

http://www.thevenusproject.com/the-venus-project-introduction/aims-proposals

Now this all sounds dandy in principal but what's all that stuff about "a resource-based world economy" (carbon credits?), "stabilizing the world's population through... birth control", "reclaiming... the natural environment" (from who? Someone who never had the right to claim it as their's in the first place?), "means of social management" (just plain sinister), "outgrowing nationalism", "enhancing communication... so that our language is relevant" and "preparing people intellectually"?

I really hope I'm wrong but I can't help feeling the Venus Project could be part of the controlled opposition. Look at the 2 pictures of the "Venus Project" london taxi on their website.

One taken in front of the Houses of Parliament and one taken in front of the London Eye. Iconic tourist attractions or Masonic symbology?

I hope it's all good but I'm just a little suspicious of people offering solutions that I didn't ask for...

J
All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.
Jim

Postby MrFreeV » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:47 am

kudos Jim! :clap:
those pictures are too well placed. but then again the other side of the discussion could be that afterall it is a london cab, in london and those are two of the biggest attractions ( :giggle: ) in londontown plus they aren't too far from each other. = maximum impact on a money saving budget.
I'm not saying your wrong of course just like to keep an open mind about all this until the truth does eventually, one day, (probably only in death) come out.

I too thought it slightly ... not ironic but... whats the word... cynical! (thanks dic.com! :8-): ) that as soon as the elitists start to be challenged on a larger scale up pops this; not only one guy and his ideas, but a film (or two) and indeed, it would seem, a whole movement? Now things like that don't just appear out of no-where!? These people (the controlling bloodline of unelected sponges) have used deception and disinformation to control for centuries, maybe thats why i had the dis-trusting thoughts as soon as i saw the venus project!

:peace: :love: :hug:
Love Is Free
MrFreeV

Postby dmurphy25 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:21 am

Hi

I got heavily involved with the Zeitgeist Movement, I met Peter Joseph and Jacque Fresco at the New York Z-Day event and had several conversations with them via email and Forum post.

I posed several questions about the viability of the Venus Project and received wishy washy answers of no substance or validity and after doing a little more research I discovered that Jacque Fresco has been promoting his ideas for over 40 years and has not progressed further than a bunch of frankly quite dated plastic models. I was even about to drive down to Florida to visit "The Venus Project" along with a bunch of other Zeitgeist followers but something came up and I was postponed my trip but was shocked to see the video from those that did make it down there.
The Venus Project is little more than a small collection of dome shaped but otherwise ordinary buildings that comprise Jacque and Roxanne's living quarters and house his collection of models. They are connected to the power, water and gas grids and Jacque and Roxanne go out and do design consultancy work to pay the bills... Where is the "Venus Project" in that???

When you contrast Jacque Fresco's accomplishments over 40 years with the guy who came up with the design of Earthships and now after about 20 years has developed several large self sufficient communities all over the world. Jacque Fresco is not stupid, he seems to be an intelligent, driven and charismatic guy who even if he couldn't get funding to realise his work would at least (one would presume) believe in it enough to make it work for himself... so something about it stinks.

I eventually concluded that the Zeitgeist Movement and Venus Project are examples of controlled opposition designed to attract anyone who starts to wake up and get them to exhaust their enthusiasm in an attractive sounding yet non-viable project that will lead nowhere.

If you go on the Zeitgeist Movement forum, my nametag was "Starbuck" you'll be able to see my posts there and judge for yourself

Dave.
...one group of apes left the safety of the trees and stood upright in the tall savannah grass, some of these apes began to evolve, but most were hit by cars!
dmurphy25

Postby MrFreeV » Sat May 01, 2010 11:50 pm

dmurphy25 wrote:
When you contrast Jacque Fresco's accomplishments over 40 years with the guy who came up with the design of Earthships and now after about 20 years has developed several large self sufficient communities all over the world.

I eventually concluded that the Zeitgeist Movement and Venus Project are examples of controlled opposition designed to attract anyone who starts to wake up and get them to exhaust their enthusiasm in an attractive sounding yet non-viable project that will lead nowhere.

could you provide me with a name for this guy who started communities? i will do my own research ofcourse, all is help :grin:

well put, i came to the same conclusion.
don't know about you but i'm getting sick and tired of these empty sirenous ideas and downright filthy distracting lies.
i have a strong need/feeling to be truly free, and everyday i'm forced to work in the opposing confinements. It's enought to make any man insane.
hard to do on your onsey-savvy but i'm going to keep plugging away at it regardless
:peace: :hug:
Love Is Free
MrFreeV

Postby dmurphy25 » Sun May 02, 2010 9:05 pm

MrFreeV wrote:could you provide me with a name for this guy who started communities? i will do my own research ofcourse, all is help :grin:

The guy who started the Earthships concept was Michael Reynolds, his site is earthships.org

MrFreeV wrote:well put, i came to the same conclusion.
don't know about you but i'm getting sick and tired of these empty sirenous ideas and downright filthy distracting lies.
i have a strong need/feeling to be truly free, and everyday i'm forced to work in the opposing confinements. It's enought to make any man insane.
hard to do on your onsey-savvy but i'm going to keep plugging away at it regardless
:peace: :hug:

The reason I got involved with the Zeitgeist movement was because I'd had my own ideas for a resource based economy and when I discovered their movement it appeared that they were further along the road than I, plus they already had quite a dedicated following and I put my ideas on hold until I gave up on them.

So now I'm back in the UK and have decided to build a self sufficient community based on those ideas...

http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5229
http://www.tpuc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13764

I have designs for the house (which I call an LSE for Life Support Environment rather than a house which is little more than a decorated shelter with indoor plumbing) and designs for the water and waste recycling system, the power generation system and the food growth system and right now I'm looking to find the land to build it upon.

http://www.tpuc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13855

Let me know if you would like to get involved, I could use all the help I can get :D
...one group of apes left the safety of the trees and stood upright in the tall savannah grass, some of these apes began to evolve, but most were hit by cars!
dmurphy25

Postby kenb » Sun May 02, 2010 9:17 pm

I have to say that I wholeheartedly agree with the above posts, and will remain sceptical about the VP unless it becomes less hypocritical, you would think a project of that supposed magnitude would have at least become self sufficient in providing it's own energy by now, the technology has been around for years and I'm positive that people within the framework of the VP have the technical ability to set it up tomorrow if they wanted to. It's a :no: from me unfortunately.
Peace, luv and light :sun:
kenb

Postby ellie12022 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:28 pm

i saw the venus project guy being interviewed on Edge Media, it confirmed what i felt about it, everything was a bit vague & i didn't like the idea of things being controlled by computers/technology (which is what he seemed to be saying).
ellie12022

Postby dmurphy25 » Mon May 03, 2010 6:55 am

ellie12022 wrote:i saw the venus project guy being interviewed on Edge Media, it confirmed what i felt about it, everything was a bit vague & i didn't like the idea of things being controlled by computers/technology (which is what he seemed to be saying).

Actually ellie that was one of the questions I asked Peter Joseph, How can you design a society based on an Artificially Intelligent computer that can monitor the resources of the entire world in real time and make decisions based on the sum of that information, if that computer does not currently exist? Also how can you put a computer in charge of Humanity and expect it to make humane decisions or even understand what one is? Current computer technology is unable to comprehend human speech as much as a four year old does.

His reply was "Oh the technology does exist, it depends on which 'expert' you talk to and that he would address it in Zeitgeist 3" I knew that was BS because I am a computer programmer and I've been following the state of the art of Artificial Intelligence for 20 years and I know that they have been 20 years away from producing that level of AI for the last 40 years
dmurphy25

Postby MrFreeV » Tue May 04, 2010 10:53 pm

dmurphy25 wrote:
Let me know if you would like to get involved, I could use all the help I can get :D

I would LOVE to get involved! that sounds exactly like the kind of thing i'm looking for. i have friends who are qualified plasterers and electricians and they are good at it too :)

As for having a house run by a computer... what would happen if the power failed? surely you would loose everything?
I have my own ideas for a self sufficient household and would love to get started asap.
This system of living that we all stand under is really champing at my ankles, i'm starting to metaphoricly loose the ability to walk :ouch:
I just want to live and have the freedom to move/travel, since where they a crime!?
Love Is Free
MrFreeV

Next

Return to Building a New Society