Radio Based Internet

Re: Radio Based Internet

Postby kevin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:59 am

huntingross wrote:
PS....would I still have to hide under the sheets.

I'm sure you can if you want too :giggle:
kevin

Postby llewop » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:40 pm

its a nice idea, but nothing would remain private as youre still using the internet to send and receive messages. i think the only difference is if someone wanted to find you. finding the source of a radio broadcast is fairly easy, from using copper directional finders (basic) to more advanced equipment which i dont know the name of. the more advanced equipment can track a lot faster than the older DF loop finders.

Or am i missing something obvious, maybe theres another reason why you want to use radio internet?
http://www.topinweb.com/ Free music for free people
llewop

Postby emmanualgoldstein » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:39 am

I think if we can solve long range problems the rest will just fit into place. Short wave is not the best for this and any other frequency is going to get you hell to pay from the people who make the truncheons. Ultimately the solution would require lack of ability for anyone to detect, except those who know what to look for. How do you discuss such concepts over the friggin internet? Its impossible to discuss the exact solution without defeating the purpose of having a solution. I have some ideas but - :shh:
emmanualgoldstein

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:43 am

llewop wrote - Or am i missing something obvious,

maybe the privacy part...All transmissions are key/cipher -

...so privacy depends on the integrity of the senders.

On the tracking part, agreed, the sender can be tracked, but that that is the nature of communication (to communicate you have to be somewhere) - also the idea of there being a forum update signal which is always transmitted by whoever is connected. The more senders connected the greater the reach of the update signal.(which is also sent over the internet)

Yes you could find a node and shut it down but other nodes will come, it will be impossible to shut the source down (save for jamming)_ even in jamming you can _ go to alternate band widths_ and or rotate randomly..__)

The update signal carries live status of the main forum's write/read status, as soon as a new node connects it will receive messages to update its own forum. This is a constant incremental event ( a little like bit torrent)

q- After the first few nodes (home computeradios) are on-line and replicating where is the forum and who has the lastest copy?

a- The last event (write event) determines where the database (was) at any time (quantum data) note - a sender cannot write in to the database until the node is in sync with the update signal.

The forum is on all the nodes simultaneously. ( and to boot it all runs off of a 12v car battery)

:peace:
SOVEREIGN: not controlled by outside forces: autonomous; self-governing; independent "a sovereign people" <> "by any peaceful administritive means necessary" - the way of the order.
the_common_law_reverend_kenny

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:07 am

emmanualgoldstein wrote:I think if we can solve long range problems the rest will just fit into place. Short wave is not the best for this and any other frequency is going to get you hell to pay from the people who make the truncheons. Ultimately the solution would require lack of ability for anyone to detect, except those who know what to look for. How do you discuss such concepts over the friggin internet? Its impossible to discuss the exact solution without defeating the purpose of having a solution. I have some ideas but - :shh:

I know exactly what you mean...... :phew: ....... :thinks:

SOVEREIGN: not controlled by outside forces: autonomous; self-governing; independent "a sovereign people" <> "by any peaceful administritive means necessary" - the way of the order.

Postby gepisar » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:36 pm

There are other solutions. Heres one, just a concept, rumoured to be in use.
You know what a laser microphone is, well, bounce the light of the moon... of course there is the line-of-sight problem.

Isnt skype encoded anyway? Could you not write your own encryption?
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:59 am

gepisar wrote:There are other solutions. Heres one, just a concept, rumoured to be in use.
You know what a laser microphone is, well, bounce the light of the moon... of course there is the line-of-sight problem.

Isnt skype encoded anyway? Could you not write your own encryption?

yup, you can write your own encryption.

yup, there are quite a few solutions, true.( but most of them involve third parties, starting with of course....the isp)

Skype is not encrpted or encoded at all, infact its easily intercepted like most internet data

Hamachi claim to be totally private free vpn but you can judge that for yourself..( Encrypted tunneling across public and private networks - https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi2/ )

AND.......we get to hide under our sheets... :wink:

Postby gepisar » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:24 pm

I thought skype was encrypted...?
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Postby the_common_law_reverend_kenny » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:38 pm

You can be the judge...http://share.skype.com/sites/security/2005/10/skype_security_and_encryption.html

(any key sent over the internet is flawed, because you can never tell who received a copy of the key)

it's about as encrypted as a mobile phone conversation.

Postby ArturoDekko » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:35 pm

Would it be useful if this thread went somewhere more private?
AD
S E E F O R Y O U R S E L F

Know yourself and you shall know the truth. The truth shall set you free.
ArturoDekko

PreviousNext

Return to Building a New Society