Im going on a wander

Im going on a wander

Postby Freeman Stephen » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:35 pm

The latest post on my "facebook status"

So ... for the past four and a half years Ive been trying to establish a freedom village in Scotland. Despite all the material assets having been acquired against all the odds, the land continuing to be free from any legal objections, the project is still at a loss for people who genuinely want to be free from the system. It beginning to dawn on me that most people who want to be free from the system only want to be free of their obligations to a system they derive all the benefits from so ... Im off for a wander.

Supposedly there are various peace villages established througfhout the country and I want to take the time now begin visiting as many of them as possible. My budget for this whatever the sweat of my brow is worth. I have a tent and Im willing to travel to see how well all the other villages are doing and to see just hiw free they really are.

Obviously Im not interested in villages full of crazy anarchists demanding everyone obeys their rules but real anarchist communes are not out the question, nor are the eco villages, freeman valleys or anything of that kind of nature.

This is a good time for me to do this because clearly if these villages are worth their cop they will have winter residents who live there all year round rather than part timers who are just into summer fun (you know who you are glastonbury hippies with your credit cards).

And I want none of it from you television cult people giving it "oh but its so cold in winter, they showed us polar bears on our tv". Im interested in groups who have successfully achieved freedom villages that are in operation all year round.

I recognise the food shortage at this time of year so Im not cramping on your resources. Im able to forage in winter and can look after myself but I wouldnt mind supplying some wood to a shared fireside this winter as an alternative to being out here again alone wondering why no ones here yet. Maybe we can share some information about how we all get by and what leads us to this path of freedom we are all on, our hopes and dreams for our children and their futures in a world that would enslave it all.

So what kind of crazy world are you living in? And can I come visit?

Please drop me a note either here or in messenger giving me directions to your village anywhere in mainland britain.
Freeman Stephen

Re: Im going on a wander

Postby musashi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:20 am

You can come and visit us - Prajna, Kali and Musashi - at our mountain top retreat in the rain drenched, wind swept beauty of the Pennines where, oppositely enough, I spent Winter before going south for the Summer to the Card-carrying Glastonbury hippy asylum - but am on my way back for another Winter on the mountain. Yep, back to front as usual but I'm working on it!

You may meet the redoubtable, rivet-counting Treeman; our Rev PDawson - another rivet counter - and the new Gypsy Boys; Also such visitors as Holy Vehm, perhaps, who occasionally drops by; Iron Mike Sapper, The Torquay TalkieTV boys and others not yet famous enough to mention. You could have your own van, your own garden and a place by the wood burner, big yummy curries and an equal share of the 5 star rated conversation, the cheapest laughs outside of parliament and, of course, the work.

There is food in the ground and more to go in; a greenhouse with another to go up; plenty of rose hips, tatties, the biggest cabbages on earth, herbs, fruit trees, pumpkin and squash, and all manner of goodly things from the vegetable kingdom. A mere eight miles walk to town with a market and the usual fleshpots of Northern Hedonsitic abandonment. Winters are tough - slightly brutal - with interestingly high winds and a stubborn rain to refresh even the most demanding of wet weather folk. Conversation is at its best when the weather gangs up on us and we huddle down to wrap ourselves around big dinners and fires. Smiles there are aplenty, the comfort of friends and the satisfaction of good work well done.

So, shall we see you there? Shall we set another place at our table? Shall we prepare a welcome for you in our guest van?
Buy now while stocks last!

Musashi.
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Postby Freeman Stephen » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Funnily enough Im to visit an eco village in the pennines either at the weekend or just shortly after (apparently theres a big boozy party at the weekend but Im wanting intelligent chat - not boozyness) - Im wondering if its the same place - Dominic Lohan is the admin on the fb group for the place which is supposedly just going into receivership.

If its not the same place then let me know where it is so I can visit for a few days while Im in that neck of the woods.
Freeman Stephen

Postby musashi » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:42 am

Our place on the hill is alcohol free - that is that none of us drink the stuff. No hard and fast rules about it.

There is another community about ten miles from the hill which I went to last year, by invite, to a party they were having. It is called Townend; two terraces filled with people, solar and wind powered, some kids, dogs, food in the ground, a bar and a dance hall with lots of pissed people. They seemed okay. It has been going for about twenty years and I'm pretty sure that the drink was about 'party time' and not just the usual routine of the day.

I don't do fb and don't know of any Dominic Lohan. It might be the same place I went to but I couldn't say for sure. Prajna might know, or Kali, or maybe the rev or treeman as they are natives and they do fb and are much more social than me. Well, not treeman, of course, who is even less social than I am and even less interested in fb.

Musashi.
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Postby Freeman Stephen » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:32 pm

0741 322 9352 is my phone.
Freeman Stephen

Return to Building a New Society