claiming a homestead

Re: claiming a homestead

Postby markie b » Thu May 07, 2009 10:00 pm

jonboy wrote:My intention at present is to purchase a plot (yes officially) out of view of the masses. Spend some time planting on the perimeter to disguise what is happening. Then just build a dwelling. Fuck em! Most people would not take any notice would they not? "another bloody building site, tut!" Even policymen and councillors would be none the wiser.

why purchase something that cannot be owned?im not sure on how far you are along this path and i dont want to shatter your dreams or hopes but i would like to offer advice if i can?especially if your looking at breaking out from the system almost compleatly except the odd journey here or there.most people say building and think building upwards why not build downwards and work with the land rather then dominating what could be useful productive land?
ive been looking into something similar but rather then purchasing what cannot be owned work alongside and with it have some animals and farm your own crop sourcing your own fuel ect when you need money sell some of your produce at cheap rates to a shop so you can purchase various other materials that you cant or are unsure of making eg medicines cloth mechanical objects ect and look for trade fairs or farmer markets carboot sales. :wink: many more ideas in me ickle brain if your interested lol
when injustice becomes law
rebellion becomes duty
markie b

Postby elemental mechanic » Sat May 09, 2009 11:03 pm

huntingross wrote:What is fee tail ?

If the statute world is not relevant to us, surely their charges are irrelevant also...and whilst they might put it on the land...what purpose or benefit to them...no one and nothing is going to pay it.

I'm still uncertain how you would find un registered land....you would be looking for a hole in the title that are registered, and then you might find it belongs to someone anyway by the 10 year rule.

I have spoken alot to the estates department and land titles are notoriously wooly in their definition

i remember some land close by that the council use to look after (mowing the grass in the summer months was about the long and short of it) eventually they simply stopped mowing it.
when neighbors enquired why they wont look after it any more, the council said it was not there land. it made no sense why they would suddenly stop, however, i do know that the neighbors were unhappy because it looked messy.
a couple of the neighbors put together and requested a land search as they were concerned that travelers would be attracted to the untidy land and they wanted the council to take up what they figured was their responsibility. the search came back as unregistered.
this was some ten years ago and the most the council has done in that time is to place bollards stopping access to the land by vehicles, since then the council have still shown no interest.
the land is now predominantly used by dog walkers and children, i'm sure there is lots of land locally that is not claimed only presumed to owned.
I KNOW WHERE I'M GOING
I KNOW THE TRUTH
I DON'T HAVE TO BE WHAT YOU WANT ME TO BE
I'M FREE TO BE WHAT I WANT

Muhammad Ali
elemental mechanic

Postby huntingross » Sun May 10, 2009 8:32 am

No doubt about it EM, there are bits all over the place and you can get lucky and find it.

If you tend to some land, and cutting the grass counts, you can aquire the right to it....you get quite a few Scots mowing bits which aren't 'theirs' with a view to aquiring it. It takes about 10 years, and that was my point (sort of) that you may find a bit that falls between the bits that are registered only to find someone has aquired it.

I think the registered / unregistered debate is misleading, when you take the view that ownership was apparently taken from you by the act of registration, and in this act there was no intent to do that, immediately the contract is on a shaky peg. My view, stick an advert in the local paper, title it Allodial Ownership, give the location and declare it. Do it for a couple of weeks to make sure and leave it at that.

Chances are they'll leave you to it, because fighting it would expose the fact, better to let a few get through the net than have the net torn wide open.

Then you'll have Allodial title to do as you please with the land....I think this works with cars too, for the same reason.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Sun May 10, 2009 8:35 am

Nice tack, HR (scuse the maritime slang) - that sounds a cheap avenue to explore with our property.

Nice idea, m8 :clap:
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby Scott Sando » Mon May 18, 2009 2:29 pm

I'm I right in stating, that in 1649 on st Georges hill a ragged band they called the diggers came to show the peoples will. Why didn't the people support them? O well we have the internet now to spread real news
Scott Sando

Postby Zaniwhoop » Mon May 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Thanks Scott,

I don't recall hearing about The Diggers afore. It certainly sounds like their hearts were in the right place. I'll post the whole poem here for everyone's enjoyment:-

In 1649
To St George's Hill
A ragged band they called the Diggers
Came to show the people' s will
They defied the landlords
They defied the laws
They were the dispossessed
Reclaiming what was theirs

We come in peace, they said
To dig and sow
We come to work the land in common
And to make the waste land grow
This earth divided
We will make whole
So it can be
A common treasury for all.

The sin of property
We do disdain
No one has any right to buy and sell
The earth for private gain
By theft and murder
They took the land
Now everywhere the walls
Rise up at their command.

They make the laws
To chain us well
The clergy dazzle us with heaven
Or they damn us into hell
We will not worship
The God they serve
The God of greed who feeds the rich
While poor men starve

We work, we eat together
We need no swords
We will not bow to masters
Or pay rent to the lords
We are free men
Though we are poor
You Diggers all stand up for glory

Stand up now
From the men of property
The orders came
They sent the hired men and troopers
To wipe out the Diggers' claim
Tear down their cottages
Destroy their corn
They were dispersed -
Only the vision lingers on

You poor take courage
You rich take care
The earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The order came to cut them down
Shaw's principle.
"A government which robs Peter
to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul"

Sublato fundamento cadit opus The foundation being removed, the superstructure falls.
Zaniwhoop
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Scott Sando » Tue May 19, 2009 11:27 am

Tis a good poem.
Scott Sando

Postby HappyCat » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:28 pm

markie b wrote:why purchase something that cannot be owned?im not sure on how far you are along this path and i dont want to shatter your dreams or hopes but i would like to offer advice if i can?especially if your looking at breaking out from the system almost compleatly except the odd journey here or there.most people say building and think building upwards why not build downwards and work with the land rather then dominating what could be useful productive land?
ive been looking into something similar but rather then purchasing what cannot be owned work alongside and with it have some animals and farm your own crop sourcing your own fuel ect when you need money sell some of your produce at cheap rates to a shop so you can purchase various other materials that you cant or are unsure of making eg medicines cloth mechanical objects ect and look for trade fairs or farmer markets carboot sales. :wink: many more ideas in me ickle brain if your interested lol

I too feel a calling to this way of living. Recently came across this and think it's fantastic.

http://www.simondale.net/house/index.htm

:love: :peace:
Danielle
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds. Bob Marley (Redemption Song)
HappyCat

Postby MrFrodo » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:36 am

Hey folks,I've not read all this thread but one to watch at the moment is the lammas project in pembrokeshire.

http://lammas.org.uk/

They have tried to do it all by the book and have their final decision given by thge planners on the 28th (public meeting all can attend and give their 2 pennies worth).

Point being with this, if they do not get it, the planning inspectorate is basically telling everyone they cannot do it....or at least dont try the official route as Lammas have really done the best application you could imagine.

It seems at present you have more chance of being granted permission by moviung on first and answer questions later.

I know this is somewhat irrelevant as via the freeman route we do not need permission! Thought I'd point Lammas out though, I prob cant get to the meeting but if you are nearby go show your support!

Frodo
You see what happens Larry? You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?
MrFrodo

Postby Zaniwhoop » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:16 pm

Thanks HappyCat and Frodo,

These houses look well cool, and Llamas at Glyndwr is a pretty reasonable drive from where we are, so I may well see about going on the 28th, if I can arrange things.

I l :love: ve all you folk.

Si
Shaw's principle.
"A government which robs Peter
to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul"

Sublato fundamento cadit opus The foundation being removed, the superstructure falls.
Zaniwhoop
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Land Claims