Advice needed for my neighbour regarding tv licence visit

BBC related crime in here.

Advice needed for my neighbour regarding tv licence visit

Postby kimc » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:25 pm

My next door neighbour got a visit from tv licensing today but she ignored the door. The tv licensing man then posted a letter through the door on it he had written 'tv set on' my neighbour thinks he must of seen it by lookíng under the tiny gap in the roller blind. Shes worrîed this wíll be enough reason for them to get a search warrant .she says tv lîcensíng do not have her name, shes never sígned anýthing and has had zero contact which ìs something.... Is $he in trouble? Can anyone advise please.
Sign the petition for no Tv licence by 2013

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/264
kimc

Re: Advice needed for my neighbour regarding tv licence visit

Postby squark » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:28 am

Who is the envelope addressed to. Sounds like it could be the Occupier. Occupation is a military takeover i think. As I assume you neighbour is a Peaceful Inhabitant, you could return it NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS. That may just rattle the cage so maybe not.

I get loads of Spam through my door. I just recycle it usually. If its not addressed to you and you are not inclined to do armchair shopping.......bin it.

I have read, John Harris i think....they need you to admit to having been watching. It could have been a computer or dvd player rather than a TV he saw. If they turn up again, and want to ask questions, ask "Am I obliged to answer you?" You are not. Like the census people, a woman came to the door and asked did you fill it in, I said do I have to answer you, she said no, I said thank you then I won't, she left. Easy.

Search Warrant I doubt very much. It would have to be signed, with a crown seal on the top. You need a Judge who is willing to accept liability for a search, highly unlikely on behalf of a company (TV Licensing)

Its easy for me, I don't have TV, I just recycle all their stuff.
And the Lord spake unto his people, he said "Get Off MY Bloody Land!"
And the people gave unto the Lord, freely they gave him The Finger
squark

Postby musashi » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Correct on the John Harris thing. He said "They're like vampires - you have to invite them in."

They have absolutely no power or authority.
You do not even have to speak to them.
They cannot get a warrant.
They can, however, tell lies and have a summons issued.
They operate on a bonus scheme - they get a bonus for every prosecution whether it is successful or not.
They are briefed to target the vulnerable, like single parents and old people because they are seen as easy targets for prosecution.

Musashi
ISLAM DELENDA EST
musashi

Postby frogmanbrabs » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:11 pm

It's only if you have access to Live tv that you need a licence according to them, personally I don't believe I have any need for one anyway. Why should I need permission to use my own property? But if he looked through the window then surely he is trespassing or guilty of invasion of privacy or something. You can't just go up to someone's house and look through the windows that's what peeping Tom's do isn't it?
An Open Mind can take you on a journey to anywhere.
frogmanbrabs

Postby kimc » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:00 am

frogmanbrabs wrote:It's only if you have access to Live tv that you need a licence according to them, personally I don't believe I have any need for one anyway. Why should I need permission to use my own property? ?

thats exactly the way i see it . couldn't agree more.

kimc

Postby kimc » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:05 am

squark wrote:Who is the envelope addressed to. Sounds like it could be the Occupier.
Suprisingly, it isn't even addressed to the legal occupier, it just has the address written on it. but my neighbour worries because they have seen the tv they will issue a search warrant for the address rather than her name, as they dont know her name.

kimc

Postby kimc » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:10 am

musashi wrote:Correct on the John Harris thing. He said "They're like vampires - you have to invite them in."

They have absolutely no power or authority.
You do not even have to speak to them.
They cannot get a warrant.
They can, however, tell lies and have a summons issued.
They operate on a bonus scheme - they get a bonus for every prosecution whether it is successful or not.
They are briefed to target the vulnerable, like single parents and old people because they are seen as easy targets for prosecution.

Musashi
thanks i will pass this information onto my neighbour.

kimc

Postby pitano1 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:28 am

If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Return to T.V. Licence