TV Licensing man came to visit me today

BBC related crime in here.

Re: TV Licensing man came to visit me today

Postby jonboy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:14 am

Here is a site built by a guy who has not paid TVL for several years. http://www.bbctvlicence.com/

His analysis of their letters, Hand held devices, So called "detector vans" and fraudulent signatures, is second to none. :yes:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
User avatar
jonboy
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:17 pm
Location: Albion

Re: TV Licensing man came to visit me today

Postby raven » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:49 pm

There's some good videos on youtube of these people visiting houses & the concensus seems to be ask them 'am i obliged to talk to you' because you are not, one even replied yes under the 2003 communications act, to which the punter pointed out that was an act & not a law, the inspector left with their tails between their legs :clap:
User avatar
raven
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: TV Licensing man came to visit me today

Postby kimc » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:24 pm

raven wrote:There's some good videos on youtube of these people visiting houses & the concensus seems to be ask them 'am i obliged to talk to you' because you are not, one even replied yes under the 2003 communications act, to which the punter pointed out that was an act & not a law, the inspector left with their tails between their legs :clap:



Haha love it. :grin: :clap:
Sign the petition for no Tv licence by 2013

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/264
kimc
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:06 am

Re: TV Licensing man came to visit me today

Postby whitebakecase » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:08 am

I'm waiting on a visit from these goons too, I've already drawn up a battle plan and pinned it by the door. I could just say "no thanks" and shut the door, but thats no fun is it.

1) Tell them that they are being filmed for the purpose of crime prevention
2) Read them the PACE caution (youve as much right to give it to them, as they have to you)
3) Inform them that at any point you may deem that they are now breaching your peace
4) Now let them speak, but respond with "Ah.. must stop you there, you will need a licence to speak to me, its £145.50p, you can pay instalments but I'll need 6 months up front"
5) Alternatively, answer all questions with "Can you repeat that please"
6) Alternatively, answer all questions with "What is this language you speak to me in?"
7) Ask them for a copy of their current CRB check and site visit risk assessment (they wont have one) due to health and safety reasons
8) If all else fails, or nerves set in, say "You'll have to write to make an appointment" and shut the door
whitebakecase
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:15 am

Re: TV Licensing man came to visit me today

Postby Nemesis » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:34 pm

whitebakecase wrote:I'm waiting on a visit from these goons too, I've already drawn up a battle plan and pinned it by the door. I could just say "no thanks" and shut the door, but thats no fun is it.

1) Tell them that they are being filmed for the purpose of crime prevention
2) Read them the PACE caution (youve as much right to give it to them, as they have to you)
3) Inform them that at any point you may deem that they are now breaching your peace
4) Now let them speak, but respond with "Ah.. must stop you there, you will need a licence to speak to me, its £145.50p, you can pay instalments but I'll need 6 months up front"
5) Alternatively, answer all questions with "Can you repeat that please"
6) Alternatively, answer all questions with "What is this language you speak to me in?"
7) Ask them for a copy of their current CRB check and site visit risk assessment (they wont have one) due to health and safety reasons
8) If all else fails, or nerves set in, say "You'll have to write to make an appointment" and shut the door


You are just putting yourself more in their spotlight by acting in such a manner.

These guys are the experts: http://www.tvlicenceresistance.info/forum/index.php If you read this forum enough, you will discover that your intended plan is not wise. Absolutely no contact is the best way of dealing with TVL pricks.

Think of the timeless Zen maxim, 'By doing nothing, everything is achieved.' :grin:
DISCONNECT FROM THE CRIMINAL GOVERNMENT
User avatar
Nemesis
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:27 pm

Re: TV Licensing man came to visit me today

Postby whitebakecase » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:22 pm

to be honest, they can put me right at the top of their spotlight list if they want. I've nothing to hide, I've broke no laws, I've got no TV, I've also got no reason to have to declare that I've got no TV. To me, these people are like lets say salesmen from Marks and Spencers, coming round and pestering me and threatening me with court because I choose to shop at sainsburys. I'm sick of their underhand empty threats and the manner they are written and presented. They irritate me, so in return, I shall irritate them. Let them do their investigations, let them get a warrant if they really want to feign some dud information to get one, they'll come in, I'll laugh, then I'll sue the shit out of them.
whitebakecase
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:15 am

Re: TV Licensing man came to visit me today

Postby pedawson » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Nemesis wrote:
whitebakecase wrote:I'm waiting on a visit from these goons too, I've already drawn up a battle plan and pinned it by the door. I could just say "no thanks" and shut the door, but thats no fun is it.

1) Tell them that they are being filmed for the purpose of crime prevention
2) Read them the PACE caution (youve as much right to give it to them, as they have to you)
3) Inform them that at any point you may deem that they are now breaching your peace
4) Now let them speak, but respond with "Ah.. must stop you there, you will need a licence to speak to me, its £145.50p, you can pay instalments but I'll need 6 months up front"
5) Alternatively, answer all questions with "Can you repeat that please"
6) Alternatively, answer all questions with "What is this language you speak to me in?"
7) Ask them for a copy of their current CRB check and site visit risk assessment (they wont have one) due to health and safety reasons
8) If all else fails, or nerves set in, say "You'll have to write to make an appointment" and shut the door


You are just putting yourself more in their spotlight by acting in such a manner.

These guys are the experts: http://www.tvlicenceresistance.info/forum/index.php If you read this forum enough, you will discover that your intended plan is not wise. Absolutely no contact is the best way of dealing with TVL pricks.

Think of the timeless Zen maxim, 'By doing nothing, everything is achieved.' :grin:


Some great suggestions, keep up the good work and bugger the consequences. This is lawful rebellion.
I particularly love the CRB and risk assessment :yes:
The licence to talk to you is unique - it will put a smile on the face of the AGENT.

Remember (Nemesis / whitebakecase) this is the TV licence we are talking about and NOT someone's life, the TV licence means NOTHING and in the scheme of things it is just another TAX. If they want it, make em work for it, and THEN, 'only then' tell them to Fuck off and when they get there to FUCK OFF again.

However, and here's a thought, WHY THE FUCK do you own a TV - Sell it and TALK with your family or neighbours play cards or get on to the internet and do more research.
I don't own a TV, I read, internet , books, magazines. There is so much more one can do than zone out in front of the 'Income Reducer'. AND you will be better informed. If you watch movies there are EVERY movie you could ever watch for free on the web, every TV program including EastEnders and Coronation St.

Just a thought, but don't tell the TVL guys cos they will NOT believe you - they will want access to SEE for themselves you don't own a TV.
Actually I do own a TV, I just thought, but it is used for dvd's and Xbox and the last moron from TVL saw it and I have not had another visit for 2 years and only had two letters from them which I just ignore anyway.

Well done though keep it up and don't stop doing what you are doing, it keeps them from visiting me :clap:

Namaste, rev;
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
User avatar
pedawson
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: TV Licensing man came to visit me today

Postby pedawson » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:13 pm

This stuff comes from other posts, chomley and pedawson (rev).
Another thought comes to me. They say yo are receiving a signal. What is a signal? Ask them
Are you sending a signal to my property, 'SORRY I do not want to receive your signal, stop sending it. Thank you.'
or ask What is a receiver - I am not an electrical engineer so why should I know what one is?
or I know what vision is, but what does Tele mean?
Keep the guy there for an hour or more because they are paid by the number of visits a day. He will soon stop coming.

Compliant Reference: 000000

6 June 2011

MR Your Name (-- they still don't get it do they. --)
1 Your Street
Your Town
Your Post Code

Dear MR Your Name (-- Really. Again? --)

Thank you for contacting us about our visit to your address of 3 May. Your complaint has been recorded under the reference number given above. Please quote this if you need to contact us again.

It may be helpful to explain that whilst TV Licence revenue is used to fund the BBC, the licence fee is not payment for services or goods received.
It is the statutory fee, payment of which grants permission to receive or record any live television broadcasts.

We're responsible for ensuring that anyone who needs a TV Licence in the UK has one. In line with this, an officer was asked to confirm the licensable status of your address.

I note your comments about how the visit was carried out however. Our officers are expected to go about their duties in a professional, helpful and accurate manner.
To ensure that working instructions are followed, all officers are regularly monitored by their managers.

As your complaint doesn't reflect the expected standard, it's been raised with the visiting manager of the officer concerned, for appropriate internal action to be taken.

I have also noted your wish to withdraw the common law right of TV Licensing's officers to approach your property. Your instructions will be adhered to and further visits won't be made. We do however reserve the right to use other methods available for the detection of TV receiving equipment.

Thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention and for giving us this opportunity to respond.

Yours sincerely

(an indiscriminate scribble)

Stuart Gorringe
Customer Relation


Check out the following posts:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=6945&hilit=tvl&start=30#p63112

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=6945&hilit=tvl&start=50#p65084
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
User avatar
pedawson
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: TV Licensing man came to visit me today

Postby pitano1 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:09 pm

thousands of free movies.
http://www.1channel.ch/

if you need a downloader
try netvideo hunter.sits in
your browser,and flashes to
ask if you want to download. :yes:

bbc i'player
4on demand.
the list goes on.
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1147
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: on the land

Re: TV Licensing man came to visit me today

Postby jaybee » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:01 am

1) Do not answer their questions
2) Ask them "Who are you?"
3) Inspect their ID and take a note of the detail on their ID (name, VPN, tel. no.)
4) Tell them they have no business at the property, and wish them goodbye
5) If they remain at the property, start filming, do not answer their questions and ask them questions.
jaybee
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to T.V. Licence

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest