TV Licensing man came to visit me today

BBC related crime in here.

TV Licensing man came to visit me today

Postby kimc » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Well as the title of the thread says I got a visit from TV Licensing today, at around 10.30 in the morning. I was asleep when he banged on the door. I ignored it (as I am quite a deep sleeper) then he banged again and again. AT this point I was thinking, who is this?? At this time in the morning and as I wasn't expecting anybody I thought I'd see who it was by looking out of the window.

I look out the upstairs window and see some guy holding some hand held device thingy and he looked straight up at me. I told my partner it could be the electric/gas man as they have those device thingies too. Then I went downstairs (the guy is still hammering away at the door as he know knows I am in as he just saw me in the window) and then he posts a card through the door. I didn't really read it but noticed it said TV LICENSING. I am panicking now.. everything I had read about handling the situation I couldnt remember.

I tell my partner who it is. Then I go and open the upstairs window. He looks up at me and I say to him. "Can you go away please." and then I shut the window. I can hear the guy shouting something like 'ERM.. EXCUSE ME.'
He carries on knocking. My partner goes to the window this time and says along the lines of 'Go away' TV man says 'I am just trying to help you.. blah blah.' and my partner then says 'Why would I need a licence, I don't watch TV.' (What he actually meant was we dont watch LIVE TV.) I am still panicking, thinking my partner is going to drop me in it lol.. as he hasn't really read much on the freeman approach. And although I am not an expert I do know the odd bit of info.

The TVL man says 'I will go and get a warrant.' my partner says 'Go on then.' knowing that he cannot without having no name, and no evidence. The blinds where closed so no way could he see a TV. He could not hear it either as it was turned off.

We close the window again. He carries on knocking. (It's at this point I wished I had remembered to record him on my mobile phone.. but during the panicking I forgot.)

I open the window again. and I say to him. 'I do not need a TV LICENCE so GO away.' he stands there looking at me in a annoyed away. He says something but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was. But whatever it was it made me say 'You are just a salesman so go away before I ring the police.'
My partner goes to the window and tries to take a picture of him. But at this point he was in the car and driving away.

So my question is? Did I mess up? I didn't want to engage in conversation with this 'person' but he just wouldnt stop banging on the door. Which gave me little choice. I didn't let him in, didn't give him my name, he didn't hear/see any TV. But now he has seen me he probably has a discription of me and my fella.

Oh and I forgot to add, my partner threw the calling card out the window at him. the TV man said 'why did you do that?' and my fella said 'because I do not want it.'

So how did I do? Have I dropped myself in it in anyway?
Sign the petition for no Tv licence by 2013

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/264
kimc

Re: TV Licensing man came to visit me today

Postby holy vehm » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:34 pm

You both did fine kim. It catches you by surprise and your mind goes blank, it happens to us all in the begining :giggle:

We have been pre-programmed to answer the door, to speak to them when we answer the door, it takes time but that will fade.

There is not a law that exists that says you must answer your door, even a warrant doesnt require you to open the door.

Next time from the upstairs window ask them to stop knocking, to leave your property (garden/drive) and if they persist you will treat the matter as common assualt (harrasment so long as you feel fearfull) and throw a large bucket of cold water over them and tell emnext time it will be piss.

The more you have to deal with this shyte the better and more confident you will become.

Another good one is get the door, and just look at them. When they ask are you mrs/miss just say, sorry mate i dont speak english. The look on their face is well funny, and everytime they say something just repeat.

But seriously, dont ever get the door, who cares if they can see you and know you are in and do not say anything like we dont need a licence, this may be interpreted as you at least understand the concept of the licence, these scum dont need much to create joinder, its not down to you to prove you dont need one, its down to them to prove you do. :wink:
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Postby kimc » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:04 pm

Ha ha I love the 'I dont speak english' suggestion, if I am feeling confident enough I might try that next time lol . The look on there faces will be pricless. Must make sure I have my video camera ready next time :grin: :clap:

I know I didn't have to answer the door, but the TV man was knocking so bloody loud I think a few neighbours where enjoying a free show. Not that I care what they think anyway.. but he seemed the type that wouldnt go away if you ignored the door. The way he was knocking, you would of thought he was a bailiff or the police.

So can I expect another visit soon.? I'm guessing probably.. bring it on TVL. :grin:

kimc

Postby FASEN8R » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I Learn!!
FASEN8R

Postby Nemesis » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:11 pm

Hi Kimc.

These people are the experts on all things 'TV licence': http://www.tvlicenceresistance.info/forum/index.php
DISCONNECT FROM THE CRIMINAL GOVERNMENT
Nemesis

Postby Nemesis » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:37 pm

Just been over there and seen that you've already put a post up! :grin:
Nemesis

Postby kimc » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:44 pm

Yip! :grin:

kimc

Postby jaybee » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:49 am

Banging on someone's front door is not acceptable. Any door knocks should be polite. Banging on a front door is an action intended to cause alarm, anxiety, constitutes threatening behaviour. It should be possible to use their statutory ruling to combat this. Section 4A of the Public Order Act 1986, also referenced as Section 154 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, outlines that sort of behaviour as a criminal offence.
jaybee

Postby kimc » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:16 pm

jaybee wrote:Banging on someone's front door is not acceptable. Any door knocks should be polite. Banging on a front door is an action intended to cause alarm, anxiety, constitutes threatening behaviour. It should be possible to use their statutory ruling to combat this. Section 4A of the Public Order Act 1986, also referenced as Section 154 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, outlines that sort of behaviour as a criminal offence.

Agreed Jaybe. It (the banging on the door) was causing me alarm which is why I ended up opening the window and engaging in conversation. Which I realise now was a mistake.

kimc

Postby Nemesis » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:56 pm

kimc wrote:
jaybee wrote:Banging on someone's front door is not acceptable. Any door knocks should be polite. Banging on a front door is an action intended to cause alarm, anxiety, constitutes threatening behaviour. It should be possible to use their statutory ruling to combat this. Section 4A of the Public Order Act 1986, also referenced as Section 154 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, outlines that sort of behaviour as a criminal offence.

Agreed Jaybe. It (the banging on the door) was causing me alarm which is why I ended up opening the window and engaging in conversation. Which I realise now was a mistake.

This is perfectly understandable. I live alone, and i'm often not in, and anyway, lost my fear of the authorities, police, courts, etc, some years back.

But if you're, for example, a single parent who's not sure what your rights are, i imagine a visit from the TVL goons could be a very intimidating experience. Which is why i enjoy it when they call round at my house. Because while they're bothering me, they're not bothering someone else. Someone who might be put in distress by their nefarious visits.

TVL inspectors - they are loathsome toads working in the interests of the parasitic establishment flunkies, the BBC.
Nemesis

Next

Return to T.V. Licence