Under investigation from TV licencing

BBC related crime in here.

Re: Under investigation from TV licencing

Postby kimc » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:06 pm

jonboy wrote:Kimc, have you clicked on the link I provided above? There is 5 years worth of repetetive, lying, misleading, and cyclic letters from the BBC. Nothing will ever happen to you, just keep binning the letters. :hug:

Yes I clicked on the link. Thanks for sharing. Some really good and valuable information on the site. Just goes to show what scum the TVL/BBC are.
Sign the petition for no Tv licence by 2013

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/264
kimc

Postby Dipsy » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:56 pm

I tell you wot i would do...

I contract with them especially if you need some cash for Xmas. I mean who doesn't?!!

Send proof of claim.. conditional acceptance, opportunity to cure, estoppel etc, where is the authority? prove i watch eastenders, prove i watch topgear blah blah and oh btw here is MY fee schedule if you want to do business with me.

1) £25 per min to answer any phone calls from TVL

2) £500 to open my front door to TVL.

3) £250 to open and reply to any of your letters

4) £2500 to arrange by prior appointment to come in my house for a chat about a few things and cup of tea.

Now make sure you REALLY follow through on your contract and run up say £3000 or so then take them to court. I guarantee you do that a couple of times they will NEVER contact you again!
Dipsy

Postby kimc » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Does it work though dipsy? Or would I get laughed out of court? I only ask because I am still learning about this freeman stuff.
Sign the petition for no Tv licence by 2013

kimc

Postby jaybee » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:36 am

No point in trying to charge them money. Someone has tried this, charging £20 as a donation to be made to a childrens hospital, and their response was:

We do not accept that such an unsolicited charge would be enforceable in Court. To form a contract, there must be an acceptance of terms, and these we could not accept.
jaybee

Postby Prajna » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:26 pm

jaybee wrote:No point in trying to charge them money. Someone has tried this, charging £20 as a donation to be made to a childrens hospital, and their response was:

We do not accept that such an unsolicited charge would be enforceable in Court. To form a contract, there must be an acceptance of terms, and these we could not accept.

Do they not notice the irony of that? After all, they are asking you to accept an unsolicited charge with conditions you could not accept.
FREEDOM Best Before: 11 Sept 2001
http://tomboy-pink.co.uk/ and http://DeclarePeace.org.uk/
Prajna

Postby Shinkansen » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:58 pm

Of course not... :) I'd be surprised if anyone at TVL possesses a sense of humour.

It always puzzles me how people get themselves into such a mess with TVL though...

Just... IGNORE THEM. This isn't like Council Tax, Income Tax or collected by any organisation with any authority, real or imagined. Don't answer the door to them, collect the series of letters (try and get them all! Or do some swapsies!) and try and spot fake signatures. Always fun. Marvel at how the hollow threats never materialise.

Don't bother removing access rights or putting up posters on your door... it's all unnecessary and will probably just attract unwanted attention from other parties. So long as you don't sign a piece of paper stating that you have watched television without a license, erm, nothing will happen to you. Are you going to be doing that any time soon? Thought as much.

Stop panicking and enjoy your life.
Shinkansen

Postby Nemesis » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:44 pm

Shinkansen wrote:Of course not... :) I'd be surprised if anyone at TVL possesses a sense of humour.

It always puzzles me how people get themselves into such a mess with TVL though...

Just... IGNORE THEM. This isn't like Council Tax, Income Tax or collected by any organisation with any authority, real or imagined. Don't answer the door to them, collect the series of letters (try and get them all! Or do some swapsies!) and try and spot fake signatures. Always fun. Marvel at how the hollow threats never materialise.

Don't bother removing access rights or putting up posters on your door... it's all unnecessary and will probably just attract unwanted attention from other parties. So long as you don't sign a piece of paper stating that you have watched television without a license, erm, nothing will happen to you. Are you going to be doing that any time soon? Thought as much.

Stop panicking and enjoy your life.

:yes:

This is sound advice. Well said Shinkansen. :grin:
DISCONNECT FROM THE CRIMINAL GOVERNMENT
Nemesis

Postby kimc » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Now I am better informed I will not be panicking.

In fact I am waiting for their next arrival, almost rubbing my hands together in glee. :mrgreen:
I signed this petition as well to get the TV Licence abolished in 2013... not holding my breath though...

kimc

Postby Nemesis » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Nice link Kimc. I will post this link on a few other forums. :grin:
DISCONNECT FROM THE CRIMINAL GOVERNMENT
Nemesis

Postby Dipsy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:10 pm

funniest thing i seen in ages "We do not accept that such an unsolicited charge would be enforceable in Court. To form a contract, there must be an acceptance of terms, and these we could not accept."

SO lets get this straight. TVL send us unsolicited NOTICES and demand money with menaces but we are not allowed to CONDITIONALLY ACCEPT their offer??Are they really that stupid!!!

If they make an OFFER we can ACCEPT or DECLINE to do business or modify the terms of the offer giving them 3 chances to withdraw!! This is the entire purpose of a NOTICE which is why we are sent notices all the time to see if we rebut. TVL says "you aint got a TV license we are going to take you to court if you do not pay within 28 days"

I for one am all for putting all their stuff in the bin same as debt collectors and its the safest way but you can have some fun and make money out of it.
Dipsy

PreviousNext

Return to T.V. Licence