Under investigation from TV licencing

BBC related crime in here.

Under investigation from TV licencing

Postby kimc » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:47 pm

So TV licencing have been hounding my partner to buy a TV licence as he has just currently bought a second hand TV from a charity shop. We have ignored several red letters that have got more and more threatening each time they have arrived. The latest letter that came yesterday is one that says 'WARNING! YOU ARE UNDER OFFICIAL INVESTIGATION. WE WILL SEND SOMEBODY TO VISIT YOUR PROPERTY' or words to that effect. Basically they are saying that I haven't got a TV licence so they are going to investigate.
So my question is... where do I stand here? Am I right in thinking they have no more rights than your average person. So do I just avoid answering the door? I do watch TV but I never watch the BBC CHANNELS. Anybody been in the same position and what happened??

Thanks in advance
Sign the petition for no Tv licence by 2013

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/264
kimc

Re: Under investigation from TV licencing

Postby treeman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:57 pm

Notice to agent, is notice to principle. Notice to principle is notice to agent.
You wish to make a claim upon me? I have allegedly broken the law?
1. Do you have PROOF of CLAIM?
2. Do you have PROOF of AUTHORITY?
If you take any action against me from this moment on, you must be CERTAIN you can answer “yes” to the above two questions. You will be required to in court.
If the answer to the above two questions is anything other than an absolute yes, you are operating outside your professional capacity and your actions are those of a man or woman acting upon your OWN liability. Your actions will be ULTRA VIRES and you may not rely on your bond, insurance or employer to cover you for professional malpractice.
If an act requires legal authority and it is done with such authority, it is known as Intra Vires (the standard legal translation is WITHIN POWER). If an act requires legal authority and is done without such authority, it is known in law as Ultra Vires (the standard legal translation is BEYOND POWER).
DO NOT PROCEED unless you are certain you possess the FOUNDATION EVIDENCE for your claim, because I shall summons it in court.
You will be committing the CIVIL CRIME (human against human) of TORT, including but not limited to the breach of a duty of care, a wrongful trespass against me or my property, detinue, assault, false imprisonment, invasion of privacy, tortuous interference, fraud, tort conversion, negligent infliction of emotional distress (NIED), abuse of process, malfeasance/misfeasance in public office and ultimately MALICIOUS PROSECUTION.
I have had no sight of proof of claim nor proof of authority. I believe no such proof exists.
Make no mistake, in this CIVIL matter I will sue YOU PERSONALLY, not the employee/uniform status you may imagine will protect you.
You have made a CLAIM upon me that I must do as you say. You allege I have broken the law.
My actions indeed may contravene some legislation but do you have irrefutable EVIDENCE that this law applies to me?
Can you show me now, or in the near future, any evidence whatsoever which demonstrates that this law applies to me?
Who created this law against me?
Who pays you to take action against me to enforce this law?

An extract from strawmansarahs book. Respect hon.
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby jonboy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:43 am

http://www.bbctvlicence.com/ read all this site, esp. the automated lying letters, and the fake detection figures :grin:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby nihilist » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:28 pm

I've not had a license for over 2 years now since i canceled.
I have never once answered the door to anyone from TVL and i've noticed that the letters that they send out go round in a cycle. I've even had one explaining the things i need when i go to court, which seems to be their worst piece of fearmongering. Then the system seems to reset itself, and the letters start from the beginning being quite nice and escalate to the worst one above. This cycle is now on it's 5th round.
I think this can probably only happen if you've never had contact with anyone.
After about a year, maybe because i didn't get in touch and i've never spoken to anyone in person at the door, the letters started to arrive addressed to the legal occupier. My name is never on them anymore.
The best and easiest policy in my opinion is to not talk to anyone unless you know them. And i certainly don't answer the door unless i'm expecting someone. This way you don't even need to learn anything about law.
I've had direct debit cancellation debts with BT, Sky, Be There ISP, and all have given up after trying multiple debt collection agencies. BT did try again recently after a year of hearing nothing, but again i just binned the letter.
My situation probably helps because i live in a council property, so i don't know what would happen if i had my own house.
When the Census was delivered i was so angry at the questions i instantly destroyed it. And i did answer the door to one of their inspectors on purpose to see what he had to say. As he started to speak i thought f**k this and said, "i've got nothing to say to you", and shut the door in his face. I received multiple visitation cards, and another census and letter saying that i had to fill this one out and that my case had been given to the non-compliance investigation team.
Again it went in the bin and i've not heard anything since.
My girlfriend didn't fill hers out and this time when someone came to the door we didn't answer it. She hasn't received another census form to fill out or an accompanying non-compliance investigation letter like i did. I'm sure i received mine because i was recorded as having communication when i answered the door. So again, it seems non-compliance and avoidance wins the day again. And it's so much easier if you can't be arsed with paperwork like me.
nihilist

Postby jonboy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:14 pm

Spot on Nihilist,

My kind of approach. Just ignore the fuckin twats. Just like bullies in the playground, they rely on your fear.
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

jonboy

Postby ellie12022 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:26 pm

Even if TVL do have a 'name' they start writing to the 'Legal Occupier' after a few letters, whatever that means & whoever that is.
ellie12022

Postby jonboy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:18 am

I think it must be a relation of Theo Ccupier, whoever that is. :grin:

jonboy

Postby kimc » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:44 pm

lol Theo Ccupier, classic!

Thanks for the replies everybody. I might try to remove their implied right of access... could i still do this even though they haven't visited as of yet?

UPDATE

Got another letter today saying that I am 'STILL UNDER INVESTIGATION' and to buy a 'LICENCE' before they send somebody around. Knowing some of what I know know of the law (not much... but enough not to be scared of there nasty letters) I actually laughed out loud at there attempt to scare me by saying 'sending a officer around is the first step to prosecution as Ic ould be cautioned' lol who do they think they are???? The police??

Oh well, i'll get the biscuits ready for when they come.. IF they come.

On the bright side they have stopped writing in my partners name and they are still writing in the name of the legal occupier... :grin:
Sign the petition for no Tv licence by 2013

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/264
kimc

Postby jonboy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Kimc, have you clicked on the link I provided above? There is 5 years worth of repetetive, lying, misleading, and cyclic letters from the BBC. Nothing will ever happen to you, just keep binning the letters. :hug:

jonboy

Postby FASEN8R » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:01 pm

Just my 2 fiat notes worth........ :giggle:

A month or two ago I went through the process of removing the implied rights of TVL Officers and related agents etc from where I live.
I also told them that I didnt need a TV licence although I DID have a TV for watching dvds and playing the odd video game on which, by their definition, is quite acceptable and doesnt 'need' a licence. I had a bit of fun with them asking them straight forward questions to their rather irrational claims made in their threatening letters.
Anyhow, cutting a long story short, they sent me a letter telling me that I didnt need a licence for 2 years! Hmmm, I dont know how they can come to that conclusion but hey ho.....
BUT.... They also said that they 'may' use 'other' methods to find out if there was a television being used at my address! I mean....come on......i've already told them that I use a TV at my address so why do they keep the threatening suggestions coming?? Funnily enough, last week, this happened..........

A knock at the door @ approx 2pm
It was a man in a suit with an ID badge turned into himself, i.e. not on show.
I didn't think much to it and opened the door. He told me that he worked for the 'government' and asked if I knew about the home heating scheme and loft insulation programme, or words to that effect. I didn't say a word and just stepped outside and pointed at the notice that says 'NO COLD CALLERS'. He apologised and walked backwards out my garden apologising as he went. I felt it was rather strange as he immediately left without any more to say unyet when I opened the door I felt he was rather closer than expected.
After a couple of minutes I realised why!
I have a feeeling he was listening to see if a TV was on!!
The TV Detector Van pulled up outside the house on the opposite side of the road and stared at my house for about a minute. Obviously trying to act in an intimidating way. I then watched as it drove to the bottom of the street and parked up. It was just out of sight so I went outside to see if he was still there. He was, for a moment or two but the funny thing is...... the visitor we had just had trying to get us to agree to loft insulation had totally disappeared!! The van remained there for a few minutes so I came indoors and when he returned to the opposite side of the road he did the same, sat there for a moment or two just staring at the house. What idiots!! Do these nazi youth have nothing better to do??
Now i'm just waiting for the next threatening letter to arrive! I know what you're thinking.......they've said I dont need a licence for two years but I know whats going to happen here.... There is a Sky dish still on the wall outside the property that was left by the previous tenants and I can pretty much guarantee that they are going to presume this is in active use!! Haha as if I would watch Sky! I love watching the Sky but not the one theyre on about!!

Yet again, i'll keep you updated but i'm sure looking forward to this. If they can take the time to send two guys out to my dwelling AFTER i've explained everything to them in an honourable way then god help them if they send me another threatening letter. I've already warned them not to harrass me, the one they confirmed receipt of, so BRING IT ON GUYS!! I'M READY AND WAITING IF YOU DARE!!!!

:peace: :love:

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I Learn!!
FASEN8R

Next

Return to T.V. Licence