TV Licence Knowledge base

BBC related crime in here.

Re: TV Licence Knowledge base

Postby pedawson » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:37 am

Well done you found statutes that contradict each other.
However a warrant is a warrant and HAS to have a constable present.
If the warrant says different the warrant is invalid, possibly.
On each occasion in your response to force the authorities broke the law and they know it.
I am not saying they do not use force I am saying they are not allowed to use excessive force, and that if the warrant is served correctly as they are not doing you would have time to find holes in their warrant.

Each of your examples either in part or fully back up what I said, apart from the one month time scale. However in the police opreation hand book it says three but that is not for TVL, it is for warrants in general. Besides that one month IS within three months.

Reasonable force not FORCE and in your example they did not use reasonable force. PUSH PAST not BURST IN.
Ron himself says in his post 'This is NOT normal'

There are three types of warrant in the operation hand book
individual household
multiple household and specific household

Your last two examples - no one was prosecuted and the reason for this is because the (Capita) didn't have a leg to stand on.

Only those that bend over and ask to be shafted are prosecuted. Those that follow the procedures and ask questions are not prosecuted (not a blanket statement, globalisation).
If the authorities think they can get away with it they will, however they are not allowed to do these things by law, doesn't mean they don't but they will not go to court of they believe you KNOW that they broke it.

In all the cases you have given here, none of them were prosecuted - WHY? they were banged to rights - were they not? So why no prosecution?
We should remember that it is NOT the letter of the law that is being broken it is the spirit of the law. The authorities go by the letter not the spirit and this is how laws are written. Mistakes are made in legislation but those applying the law should be able to see that and use common sense.
Which is OBVIOUSLY NOT BEEN DONE.

Namaste, rev;
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby jaybee » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:18 pm

pedawson wrote:In all the cases you have given here, none of them were prosecuted - WHY? they were banged to rights - were they not? So why no prosecution?

Ron Sinclair was prosecuted following the search warrant. The link below gives his account from the court hearing.

http://www.tvlicensing.biz/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2844&p=21329#p21329

Ron Sinclair wrote:The Case:
The Evidence
(1)TVL could not get any pictures from any TV in the house after about 20 minuets
(2)All 3 TVs were connected to a DVD Player
(3)There was an old Sky Box in one room but not connected to any TV
(4)TVL had to plug the Sky box in and all he could get was the Red and Green LED to light up but still no picture on any TV

Now This is what screwed me
(5)my carer was still paying Sky by DD, but I am sure that she was not watching any TV, I would have known.

The Judge went on the Sky DD and well we all know that them nice TVL men would not tell Fibs in a Court,
the fine came to £80 in total and the costs were £1000,
jaybee

Postby pedawson » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Phil rolls his eyes shakes his head and walks off.
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby emerald city » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:58 am

The whole secret is this: Do NOT engage in the first place. i.e. writing letters, claiming your rights etc. etc. Totally ignore.
If you are still unlucky and have a knock on the door. When asked: what is your name - do you live here reply thus:

I CANNOT GIVE THAT INFORMATION FOR SECURITY REASONS. End of.........................

You could also put a Notice on your door, stating "no-one seen without prior appointment"..... but if you use the above info. that should not be necessary. :cheer:
emerald city

Previous

Return to T.V. Licence