TV Licence Knowledge base

BBC related crime in here.

Re: TV Licence Knowledge base

Postby enegiss » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:24 pm

good post hurn :grin: theyre only human arent they
if you wish to create a favourable History, then you have to start now.
enegiss

Postby Chug » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:20 pm

Nice one Hurn,

Saying no thanks politely is good manners, when they start trying to have authority over you, or talking down then that is a different matter.

Love n harmony in the community
Chug
Enemy of the state
You can fool some people sometimes But you can't fool all the people all the time, So now we see the light, We gonna stand up for our right, So you'd better, Get up stand up, stand up for your right, get up, stand up, don't give up the fight.
Chug

Postby Shinkansen » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:38 pm

SovereignMan... some wonderful advice there. Thank you for sharing.

I have long been known as "The Occupier" to TVL and it will stay this way. I have been waiting for my LONG overdue investigation for quite some time now.

Was sat in my living room doing some marking with the tube on in the background; wanted to know what was going on in the world. Buzzer goes, so I poked out of the patio doors to see who was there. Some guy with a clipboard. I looked confused as it was about 6:30 in the evening and I was not expecting visitors. I beckoned him over.

"Do you live at number X?>"
"What do you want?" (Notice I did not confirm)
"I understand that you have probably moved house recently. I'm from TV Licensing..."
"No thank you." *closes door*

I then just sat back down at my desk and carried on working. The guy stood there for a few seconds looking a bit puzzled and then left. I realise that he could still see the TV on.

Seems to me that the latest batch of EO's haven't been as shrewdly trained as your old guard SovereignMan. I am well aware of joinder, verbal contracts and my own inalienable rights, so I never identify myself until I know who I am talking to. He just wasted a lot less of time by identifying himself rather quickly.

I would love to see a search warrant issued for "The Occupier" :D
Shinkansen

Postby jaybee » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Shinkansen wrote:I would love to see a search warrant issued for "The Occupier" :D

They won't need a name for the address. The warrant is to enter premises.
jaybee

Postby pedawson » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Interesting jaybee, just WHO are TVL going to take to court re no tv licence.

Imagine the conversation or form required to get a warrant.
Name - not known
Address - bla de bla usual stuff.
Reason - using a TV without a licence
Investigation method - knocked on door and asked but was not given any reply. saw a TV being watched. No record of TV licence.

Serving warrant - I have a warrant for 'Erm, err' Well I have a warrant for Oh YOU? I think.
Let me see that warrant. No name on this are you sure it is for me YES this is ADDRESS
Yes.
Then it is for YOU!

But I am 10 years old how can it be for ME?
Then it's for your DAD.
But he is DEAD
Stepfather?
DEAD
Mom!
I am an orphan
Guardian
Which one?
The MALE ONE!
Nup
The female one
which one?
The butch one
Okay, which one?
Who lives here?
We all do!
Who's all?
ALL of us

Scratches head and FUCKS off.

Damn those SMART kids.

Namaste, rev;
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby Freeman Stephen » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Regarding hurns post: didnt use any "freeman stuff". To me everything you've just done there is "freeman stuff" or at least was to my mind a couple of years ago before "freeman stuff" started getting banded about as a label by those who had no clue. Ive never seen being a freeman as constant contest over authority or living off grid or any of the specific things a freeman might do that ive seen being pigeon holed as "freeman stuff". From where im looking a freeman was just someone aspiring to be free from bad government but it got entangled by people trying to discredit it to the point where someone i consider a freeman acts as a freeman but disclaims it as not being freeman. Is it just me or has the word freeman evolved into something it never was?
Freeman Stephen

Postby jaybee » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:15 pm

pedawson wrote:Serving warrant - I have a warrant for 'Erm, err' Well I have a warrant for Oh YOU? I think.
Let me see that warrant. No name on this are you sure it is for me YES this is ADDRESS
Yes.
Then it is for YOU!

It doesn't happen like that. As soon as someone opens the door, they will push in. They won't engage in conversational niceties. If they get opposition to what they're doing, it may well be recorded as obstruction to the execution of a search warrant. Not having a name won't stop them trying to get the evidence that they're after.
jaybee

Postby frogmanbrabs » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:19 am

I agree Freeman Stephen the term Freeman for some has taken the idea of the word FREE meaning living for FREE whereas I see it as living FREE from persecution by unscrupulous governments and pretend laws. The TV licence is permission to use equipment which you have purchased and have the right to use as you see fit. Why should you need permission to use what belongs to you? What next, everyone who wishes to use a knife in the kitchen to cut a slice of cake or something has to go on a health and safety training course and gain a certificate to prove they have permission to use the knife?
An Open Mind can take you on a journey to anywhere.
frogmanbrabs

Postby pedawson » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:59 pm

jaybee wrote:
pedawson wrote:Serving warrant - I have a warrant for 'Erm, err' Well I have a warrant for Oh YOU? I think.
Yes.
Then it is for YOU!

It doesn't happen like that. As soon as someone opens the door, they will push in. They won't engage in conversational niceties. If they get opposition to what they're doing, it may well be recorded as obstruction to the execution of a search warrant. Not having a name won't stop them trying to get the evidence that they're after.

They aren't allowed to use FORCE.
I do hope you are not advising anyone about what you just said.
They have procedures 'yes' but hey do not have authority unless the warrant is signed by a judge and it has the wet signature. You have to have the time to read the warrant and or the warrant should be read or explained to you.
You should have been given a copy of the warrant.
You are not wrong that a warrant can be specifically for a property and even the property does not have to be specified (multiple entry warrant) however there STILL remains the 'REASONABLE SUSPICION' + if it is not an identified property there are further considerations and it has to be signed off by a police inspector or above; in a separate letter / document, in conjunction with the judges signature.
The date of the warrant has to be within three months of being authorised.
Executed at a 'REASONABLE HOUR'
Only authorised for the reason stated on the warrant AND a police "Constable" HAS to be present and if they are not in uniform they MUST identify themselves as a police "Constable" with relevant documentation
Take a look at the Police procedure Manual 12.4.3 Execution of search warrants.

If it is firearm related - NONE of the above apply - in fact they can just break in.

Remember it HAS to be a CONSTABLE that executes the warrant and NOT a bailiff. NOR a OFFICER come to that.
The bailiff HAS the same powers as the 'CONSTABLE' but only whilst in the company of and under the supervision of the constable.
The constable IS fully responsible for the entry and anything that happens at or on the warrant.

Anyone accompanying the constable SHOULD be identified by the constable and proof should be sought.

So you see 'YES, IT doesn't happen like that' it doesn't happen like you say either, but then who's worried.

There IS ample time to shut the door in their faces and it is illegal (unless it involves a firearm) for them to force entry through you.
They HAVE to identify themselves to your satisfaction, generally they will have everything they require with them so it may take a minute but they cannot force entry with doing the ID bit.
And remember it HAS to be signed by a judge and you have the right, nay to demand you see the actual signature a photocopy is NOT adequate enough and you should receive a copy.

Remember NEVER SIGN FOR ANYTHING.

Is THIS a little clearer?

By the way don't read sarcasm in this post. I DO appreciate your 'PROVE IT' attitude. it IS warranted and you got some more info.
When we say QUESTION EVERYTHING we mean QUESTION EVERYTHING.
We don't have time for BLIND FAITH anymore THAT is a SLAVES mentality.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to respond and refresh my knowledge. The more practice we get the better for us and the worse for them.

Namaste, rev;

All UK Police Constables swear this "Attestation"

"I, .. .. of .. .. do solemnly and sincerely declare and affirm that I will well and truly serve the Queen in the office of constable, with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality, upholding fundamental human rights and according equal respect to all people; and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property; and that while I continue to hold the said office I will to the best of my skill and knowledge discharge all the duties thereof faithfully according to law."

I could say more but I believe you have the info
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby jaybee » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:46 am

pedawson wrote:They aren't allowed to use FORCE.

Conditions for a TV Licensing search warrant are covered in Section 366 of the Communications Act 2003. Link below:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/21/section/366

Subsection (6) of Section 366 states that reasonable force may be used.

Also, case history of a TVL search warrant on Ron Sinclair.
http://www.tvlicensing.biz/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2844

Ron Sinclair wrote:On the 8th of April 2008 at 7.10pm approximately there was a knock at the door ( more like banging) anyway we opened the door and before we could say a word 2 thugs pushed their way in nearly knocking me to the floor followed by 2 Police officers and shouting, we have a warrant we have a warrant TV Licensing,

Then I was ask where is the Telly, well after that I was so shaken up I could not talk so one of the TVL Thugs went in to the living room, there on the wall is a 50 inch plasma TV, the TVL thugs must have thought it was their Birthday and Christmas all in one, well at that, one of them said what other Telly’s do you have, to which I said 2 then he left the living room and went into the kitchen ??

Ron Sinclair was almost knocked to the floor when they entered.
They started the search before Ron Sinclair was able to say anything.

pedawson wrote:You are not wrong that a warrant can be specifically for a property and even the property does not have to be specified (multiple entry warrant)

TVL search warrants are for one address only. Example shown on the link below.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2163/1765245282_caf51da6ae_b.jpg

pedawson wrote:The date of the warrant has to be within three months of being authorised.
Executed at a 'REASONABLE HOUR'

Subsection (4) of Section 366 says that the warrant is valid for one monthly only from the date it was granted.

This is a case history of a TVL search warrant at 9:13 PM.

http://www.tvlicensing.biz/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2858

This is after the general watershed time of 9 PM for cold calling.

Video of a failed TVL search warrant on the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azRxAvtoCWY
jaybee

PreviousNext

Return to T.V. Licence