Advertising Charities? (and corporations covertly)

BBC related crime in here.

Advertising Charities? (and corporations covertly)

Postby Nebulous » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:20 am

I'm just curious as to why I am being subliminally advertised to by the BBC under the guise of "charity"? Am I wrong in finding this to be the case? At the moment they are advertising the charity "sport relief" who's intent is to acquire money from the license payer, ignoring the fact they are advertising the charity, if you go to the sportrelief.com website their is a nice association with "sainsbury's" (covert advertising), also there is the covert advertising of musicians who get involved with this charity amongst other celebrity's who's status gets boosted and thus making them more "profitable".

I don't mean to sound like a scrooge here, but if I want to donate to a charity then I will make a choice with my own free will, I don't see why I should have one or two particular charity's "advertised" to me, from a corporation I pay a license fee to who promises to not advertise.

Worth a letter you think?

-------------------------------------------------
Nebulous

Re: Advertising Charities? (and corporations covertly)

Postby holy vehm » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:27 am

It certainly is neb.
Have you lokked into the figures for the charity "sport relief". Like how much its wage bill is? not all its staff are voluntary.
Whats its tax status? the list is long.
Are there more morally correct charities the beeb are overlooking? If so why?
Whats the government connection between the themselves and this charity?

:peace:
hv
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Return to T.V. Licence