TV Licence Summons

BBC related crime in here.

Re: TV Licence Summons

Postby kevin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:41 pm

Yep, they lied to get him in court, said they'd been in his house when they hadn't, gave a list of TV equipment they claimed he had, the TVL guy was found to be guilty of perjury and admitted he'd never been in the house, the case should of been thrown out there and then but they asked spudy if he would consider getting a licence in the future, he said he'd consider it, they jumped on him...if you'll consider it you must need one...guilty!!

Edit: In my opinion this is a prime example of how they are all corrupt, the judge should of stopped that case the moment the TVL guy admitted he'd lied to get spudy into court but the judge let it play out, he should of been charged with perjury but he wasn't. he should of been reprimanded in work, while I admit I don't know what happened in his work situation I suspect he got a bonus rather than a warning and who knows, he may even be the same guy behind your visit to court, or maybe it's standard procedure to get people summonsed as most will take a fine and buy a licence before court starts

On your case, if he's stated you were watching Wimbledon in October well you don't need a licence to watch recorded programmes
kevin

Postby WireInTheBlood » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:16 am

Buzz,

So today is your court case date.

What happened?

WITB.
WireInTheBlood

Postby Buzz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:24 am

Hi, sorry missed your post.
I called the court to tell them i couldn't get there and that I felt that as the alleged offence happened in Manchester, why it was being held in wigan. Apparently they only use certain courts for TVL hearings. wigan is closest.

She said I would have to call TVL to adjourn it!!

Anyway, TVL told me to fill in the form and send it back with a not guilty plea.. I also asked how many of their hearings were won on default as people dont really want to have to travel 25+ miles to court. She gave an embarrassed laugh that indicated that it was possibly many.
Now awaiting a new date.

i have photos to prove what they allege is a TV is in fact a second hand 40" retail store CCTV security monitor- like the big ones that record you as you enter a shop (my son works in the securty equipment industry)
There isnt even an aerial socket, (TVL man said he could see the aerial plug in ... from outside!!) It doesnt even have sound . I have bought some additional speakers so my 7 yr old can play his comp games.
I will take them along to any subsequent court date.

Cheers,
Buzz
Buzz

Postby Buzz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:27 am

Sorry, forgot to say...
On the form it refers to the "offence"...

i have inserted the words "Alleged" before each mention of it.
Surely it only becomes an offence after a guilty verdict??

Buzz
Buzz

Postby nameless » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:33 am

Is it too late to do a conditional acceptance/proof of claim?
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy."

Lord Denning
nameless

Postby kevin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:39 am

Buzz wrote:Sorry, forgot to say...
On the form it refers to the "offence"...

i have inserted the words "Alleged" before each mention of it.
Surely it only becomes an offence after a guilty verdict??

Buzz

Don't forget when in court if anyone refers to anything like that jump up and object, and if they are caught lying move to have the case dismissed there and then, don't let them play it out, they will trick you and be proud of it
kevin

Postby Buzz » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:30 pm

I have now had a new hearing date . This time for Manchester court !.
This is despite me being told by TVL that they only use Wigan court for the cases from Manchester. :8-):

It states the time and date and says I must arrive half an hour earlier than that !!
Whats all that about?? Why half an hour??

I am tempted to try my luck with the templates on here , but dont really feel confident enough :blush:

Buzz
Buzz

Postby anonyy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi buzz, i'd be interested to know what happened to your case?
anonyy

Previous

Return to T.V. Licence