None Payment, What to Expect

BBC related crime in here.

Re: None Payment, What to Expect

Postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed May 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Excellent advice pedawson. Why couldn't I have found this site years ago:(
“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”
rebelwithoutaclue

Postby chomerly » Wed May 18, 2011 4:01 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
chomerly wrote:I love the bit on the letter that states that they "may interview you under caution, in line with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984".

Now,

Does anyone that is not an officer of the law, or an authorised agent, have the right to caution anyone?

Found this in pace chomerly:

16 Execution of warrants.E+W
(1)A warrant to enter and search premises may be executed by any constable.
(2)Such a warrant may authorise persons to accompany any constable who is executing it.
[F43(2A)A person so authorised has the same powers as the constable whom he accompanies in respect of—
(a)the execution of the warrant, and
(b)the seizure of anything to which the warrant relates.
(2B)But he may exercise those powers only in the company, and under the supervision, of a constable.]

I'm new to all this but, does that not mean tvl has the same powers as plod when executing a warrant?

I've got that bit mate.
It's the only thing i can find in the act that comes even close to what TVL say the 'may' do but it also enlightened me to the fact that i saw in two separate videos that Census enforcers will give a caution to those who persist in refusing to fill out the Census forms. Just like me :grin:

I'm going to do some investigation but i'm also going to make up a checklist that we can use to question those who knock our doors, like TVL or Census, that they have to respond to as part of a condition for them to question us.
If they don't want answer the questions then they have to leave the property until they are willing to answer the questions asked.
No dishonour on either side and no prosecution.

Hmmmm. :thinks:

And to answer your question about whether TVL, or it's agents, have the same powers as the police when executing a warrant, the answer according to the PACE Act they do.

section 16 of the 1984 Act (execution of warrants), after subsection (2) there is inserted—
“(2A)A person so authorised has the same powers as the constable whom he accompanies in respect of—
(a)the execution of the warrant, and
(b)the seizure of anything to which the warrant relates.
(2B)But he may exercise those powers only in the company, and under the supervision, of a constable.”

Hmmm. :thinks: Again....

You lot with your bloody freeman antics have got my brain going again. :grin:

If, as the PACE Act suggests, that "A person so authorised has the same powers as the constable whom he accompanies in respect of—
(a)the execution of the warrant..." then surely that would mean that there can be no act or statute to adhere to as we don't consent as we are in lawful rebellion.
And at the point of the warrant being served, and reading it thoroughly just to take the piss, we could ask the police officer if he is here under his oath to uphold the common law and he would surely have to say yes.
We could then quote to the TVL agent the relevant section of the statute and inform him that he has the same authority as the officer and the warrant is redundant as it is an act, given the force of law with the consent of the governed. And we already refused consent at the point of opening the door to the property.

BANG! :puke: :8-): IN YOUR FACE! :8-):

LOL
chomerly

Postby Freeman Craig R » Mon May 23, 2011 6:20 am

Hey peeps.. Reading through all this I'm assuming it's not a problem to stop paying for the British Brainwashing Corporations' Licence.. And that basically the worst they can do is come to my door and then get told by me that I do not consent..

I am going to cancel the DD but I really want to find out for my partner (because she's worried) can they affect your credit rating???? I know it's a shit question but she won't let me do this till I get an answer, so please can anyone fill me in on this :puzz:
Freeman Craig R

Postby kevin » Mon May 23, 2011 7:20 am

No they can't, but who wants credit anyway, it really is the root of all evil
kevin

Postby Freeman Craig R » Mon May 23, 2011 7:29 am

kevin wrote:No they can't, but who wants credit anyway, it really is the root of all evil

I totally agree in fact I owe the bank a tonne of cash but they can get stuffed :P It's the girlfriend that asked the question you see :blush:
But now I have the answer, thanks very much and now I can join the club of 'stuff em, they can go whistle for it' :giggle:
Freeman Craig R

Postby chomerly » Mon May 23, 2011 8:18 am

Freeman Craig R wrote:
kevin wrote:No they can't, but who wants credit anyway, it really is the root of all evil

I totally agree in fact I owe the bank a tonne of cash but they can get stuffed :P It's the girlfriend that asked the question you see :blush:
But now I have the answer, thanks very much and now I can join the club of 'stuff em, they can go whistle for it' :giggle:

Don't forget to send them a notice telling them that you are removing the implied right of access to your property too.
This will stop them from knocking your door when the DD has been cancelled.

Also, tell them to remove yours and your wife's name from the database and to remove you from their mailing list.
Tell them that you only expect mail to confirm that they acknowledge your DD has been cancelled and any unwanted mail from them will be returned and that it may also incur costs for your time in making any returns.

Once I have a response from my letter of complaint and also the notice of removing access, I shall post them on the forums.
chomerly

Postby Freeman Craig R » Mon May 23, 2011 8:50 am

chomerly wrote:
Freeman Craig R wrote:

Don't forget to send them a notice telling them that you are removing the implied right of access to your property too.

Also, tell them to remove yours and your wife's name from the database and to remove you from their mailing list.
Tell them that you only expect mail to confirm that they acknowledge your DD has been cancelled and any unwanted mail from them will be returned and that it may also incur costs for your time in making any returns.

Once I have a response from my letter of complaint and also the notice of removing access, I shall post them on the forums.

Awesome... Would you share with me the templates you used to do all this? The I am very new to the Freeman life, totally loving it btw :grin:
Freeman Craig R

Postby chomerly » Mon May 23, 2011 9:57 am

Click the link called board index near the top of the page which will take you the main page for the forum. Scroll so far down until you see the link called templates and away you go.

Good luck matey and welcome to the sit. :yes:
chomerly

Postby Freeman Craig R » Mon May 23, 2011 9:58 am

chomerly wrote:Click the link called board index near the top of the page which will take you the main page for the forum. Scroll so far down until you see the link called templates and away you go.

Good luck matey and welcome to the sit. :yes:

thanx :hug:
Freeman Craig R

Postby kevin » Mon May 23, 2011 12:03 pm

chomerly wrote:

Personally I just ignore them and have now for two and a half years. it wont affect your credit rating as you pay in advance by direct debit, they will refund you a sum of fiat currency. you will not be in debt to them...just not buying a license from them.

Edit: IMO if you start writing to them saying this and that, signed Mr Smith, then your giving them info, they can't take mr legal occupier to court which is who they write to after the first few letters are ignored...or even send them back with "not known" written on them.
kevin

PreviousNext

Return to T.V. Licence