You lot have got TVL all wrong......

BBC related crime in here.

Re: You lot have got TVL all wrong......

Postby Freeman Stephen » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:36 pm

I think they should put the cost of TV license through the roof - like say a couple of million quid per household. Would you give a gun license to someone who let the gun go to his head? Why are most people in this country allowed to watch TV? They actually think the television news is the bastion of truth even though clearly with teleprompted skilled actors delivering knowingly censored facts, its nothing but fiction with some grounds in reality. This is not the end of it though because they look at soap operas and dramas and knowing these things to be fictitiious they look at these things and use them to make judgements about reality. Even though most people have never met a pedophile or a suicide bomber, they may think they instinctively know one because they have seen people on TV who bear certain characteristics. Are such people qualified enough to have a TV license? NO! What is the point in spending all that money on TV when there are not many people who can watch it responsibly? Oh I forgot, the people who license it, are the people who profit from all the misleading information on it.
Freeman Stephen

Postby tomrush » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:41 pm

It sickens me that some people just lap up anything that comes out of the box as truth. Some of my family are just like this - I put on Edge Media TV for them in their homes a while back and they just took everything as fact. Now, it's not the usual viewpoint but the fact is you need to research to verify, not blindly believe what you're told. It confuses me. :/
tomrush

Postby jonboy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:35 pm

tomrush wrote:It sickens me that some people just lap up anything that comes out of the box as truth. Some of my family are just like this - I put on Edge Media TV for them in their homes a while back and they just took everything as fact. Now, it's not the usual viewpoint but the fact is you need to research to verify, not blindly believe what you're told. It confuses me. :/

This frustrates me too TR. Most of my family and friends read the sun or watch the news.

This is why we have a society of idiots who think all muslims are terrorists, all Uk soldiers are heroes "serving their country for our freedom" etc etc.

When I say "what freedom?" they look at me puzzled. :yawn:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby no_ta » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:56 pm

Jonboy
That is just the question we put to the Royal British Legion, their appeal during the days up to Remembrance day, said that our forces are in Afghanistan to 'defend our freedom' we called them to explain this and we were passed from pillar to post, one lady said she had never read it and didn't understand how it got there. However we were assured that someone would let us know how our freedom is compromised or threatened, therefore explaining why we are in Afghanistan, a week later we are still waiting.

My concern is that we are wasting young lives, devastating families and creating situations in foreign countries that are nothing to do with us. Its costing us billions, thats why Cameron is tightening our belts and taxing us silly whilst cutting every kind of benefit you can mention, now its Legal Aid, rising prices on essential fuels = more VAT folks, cunning blighter.
Meus Patria - diligo - pugna - quod - intereo pro
no_ta

Previous

Return to T.V. Licence