What's the best response to a tv licence goon in Scotland?

BBC related crime in here.

What's the best response to a tv licence goon in Scotland?

Postby Revolt » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:13 pm

Hi,

We are in Scotland.

What's the best way of dealing with the TV goon when they eventually turn up?

I'm not after instant gratification from accidentally soaking them with a bucket of iced water or other some such wonderfully thought out fantasies.

I just want them orff my land and never coming back, the wee spineless shites that they are.
Revolt

Re: What's the best response to a tv licence goon in Scotland?

Postby MikeThomas » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:13 pm

Download the free e-book from our friends at TV Licensing Blogspot: http://tv-licensing.blogspot.co.uk/p/free-book.html
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby musashi » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:52 pm

Excellent link there, Mike. Ta. Read though it and was glad to have some stuff confirmed.
The bit about focussing a camera lens through a window to inside the house to detect tv programmes playing raised up the old trespass laws. Certainly in England that would be a trespass and definitely actionable in law. Injuria sine damnus to be exact.
Lance.
ISLAM DELENDA EST
musashi

Postby pitano1 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:40 pm

SAY........am i obliged to speak to you.?
they will say...NO.
you say....goodbye...or` fuck off....yer, wee spineless shite[s] that ya are. :grin:

whatever,best...rocks yer boat...really.
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby huntingross » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:35 pm

Lookup 'broadcast'.

Of course included in its definition is 'to transmit a signal or message to numerous recipients'. But consider that further. What if there are no recipients. Is it still 'broadcast'. Yes, by definition. Which is ?

'Scattered over a wide area' and 'In a scattered manner'

They scatter their signal in the hope it takes root and bares dividends. Those that pay are fertile soil. Those that do not are barren as the rocks at the margins of the field.

They are in the business of speculation.

With regard to which Acts and Laws are pertinent in England or Scotland. Consider the Acts of Union. They were and are the continuing basis for the entity known as the United Kingdom.

Consider Article 4...'And that there be a Communication of all other Rights Privileges and Advantages which do or may belong to the Subjects of either Kingdom'

It was obvious at the time that a Kingdom could not be United if it divided the people by different 'Rights Privileges and Advantages'.

If you seek to prosecute your advantage with an English 'law', let them explain how that is not possible if you are to remain an equal in a United Kingdom.

Should they pursue their folly, glance at Article 25...'That all Laws and Statutes in either Kingdom so far as they are contrary to or inconsistent with the Terms of these Articles or any of them shall from and after the Union cease and become void'
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Return to T.V. Licence