Jurisdiction revisited.

Discuss the difference between Common Law and the Statutory Acts made by the Powers that be, (PTB)

Jurisdiction revisited.

Postby Dreadlock » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Having given more thought to the subject I now believe my original post was not entirely correct. Previously I stated that England, Wales and Scotland etc, (referrring to those land based jurisdictions) were not in the UK political entity. My reasoning was that as the Law of the Land does not apply to most of the people most of the time, it must be that those jurisdictions lay OUTSIDE of the UK.

Further consideration now leads me to the conclusion that the kingdoms of England, Wales and Scotland, as well as the other land jurisdictions, ARE in the UK body politic. It is the people themselves that have been moved from those jurisdictions and not the jurisdictions which are outside of the UK. The obvious fact, which I overlooked earlier, is that the UK contains a non-land based jurisdiction - admiralty or maritime law - to which most of us have moved. The term "UK" does not refer to a single jurisdiction but is an umbrella term for a collection of jurisdictions governed by the same man - albeit acting in a different capacity depending on the jurisdiction for e.g King of England or Scotland, or sole shareholder of the Crown Corporation.

It is thus the status of being birthed which moves people from the Law of the Land to admiralty law and not membership of the UK. Evidence for this is to be seen on Prince George's birth certificate.
The royal family are clearly members of the UK and just as clearly not birthed. I suspect this applies to most nobles - maybe even judges who are squires. It would be very interesting to find out...

Also note that the barons refer to themselves as "subjects" still, indicating a monarchy and therefore common law jurisdiction within the Kingdom of England. The rest of us are referred to as "citizens" indicating the jurisdiction of a state NOT a monarchy. Furthermore the police can swap from acting as an officer to a constable as they see fit, again clearly indicating that both the Law of the Land and admiralty operate concurrently within the UK.

I believe the above to be a far more accurate explanation than my previous one which can be found here http://forum.fmotl.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=10304.
Dreadlock

Return to Common Law & Statute "Law"