NUI & COR ACCEPTED by the PM!

A place for posting Notices of Understanding and Intent and Claim of Rights

Re: NUI & COR ACCEPTED by the PM!

Postby Catnap » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:51 pm

Yes, we agree x
Namaste

Claire

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security shall deserve neither and lose both. Benjamin Franklin
Catnap

Postby kevin » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:58 pm

freeman_B, can you scan the letter for us or tell us the wording of it please so we can get an angle on what it says
kevin

Postby huntingross » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: Notice of Understanding and Intent and Claim of Right
by Freeman-B » Tue May 19, 2009 2:21 pm

I don't anticipate any responses to those either, although a friend did receive an "acknowledgement" from the Prime Minister's office - those of you that have been studying legalese will know how important that acknowledgement is - it is a recognition that he has estalished his legal case in the proper manner.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Freeman-B » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Sorry for the delay guys, just received it myself (residing, as I do, in a different country from my person!)

Attached is the scanned letter - there are a number of issues to mention.

Whilst they ALMOST got my name right (Capitis Diminutio Minima), they failed to hyphenate my given names or to make distinct my family name as I did in my NOTICE (not letter!) with a colon.

Secondly, they wrote to my non-all-caps name at my all-caps address (the former being c/o the address and without postcode).

Thirdly, they explicitly state that my "views have been noted"! Given that my notice made it clear that they had to respond in the appropriate timeframe and that they have "noted" my claims, but not responded, they have implicitly given me their agreement.

I will follow up with a notice of fault and opportunity to cure, then a default judgement just to make sure!

Game on!
:peace: :love:
B

BTw apologies for the large file - cound't get it any smaller! I also intended it to be a link instead of inline, but couldn't find the option!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Einstein
Banking doesn’t “involve” fraud...banking IS fraud. Tim Madden
Freeman-B

Postby Freeman-B » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:19 pm

Acknowledgement "Black's 2nd":

"The term is also used of the act of a person who avows or admits the truth of certain facts which, if established, will entail a civil laibility on him. Thus, the debtor's acknowledgement of the creditor's demand or right of action will toll the statute of limitations."

(previous definition related to conveyancing)
B
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Einstein
Freeman-B

Postby huntingross » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Freeman-B wrote:Thirdly, they explicitly state that my "views have been noted"! Given that my notice made it clear that they had to respond in the appropriate timeframe and that they have "noted" my claims, but not responded, they have implicitly given me their agreement.

Hi FB....this is not meant to be rude...

I acknowledge your recent post, the views you express have been carefully noted.

Do I agree with you ? Who knows....

However...your point that required them to answer within a time frame is clear and they did not, the fact that is tacit agreement is not disputed....but the fact that they noted your views without comment, does not (to me) imply the "validity of the case and how its presented"

The fact that they did not respond within the time frame means they could say almost anything, as the terms for acceptance of your offer had passed, their response does not form part of that contract....Only your offer and their silence is implied.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby blacklight » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:12 pm

Devil's advocate time...

"Views you express" - a NOU/ICOR is not a view, it's an intent of action, not a view. I suspect this is a "TYVM" form letter, and I'd be inclined to follow it up, with something along the lines of :

Further to my letter dated xx/xx/xx, can you please confirm that your response, dated yy/yy/yyyy is an acceptance of the notice of my first letter?

That one line, is not a view, it's a very definite question. If you get the same letter back, you know it's crap - however you might find they actually have to dig out your first letter and respond to it. Or admit they haven't got it anymore...
blacklight

Postby Freeman-B » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:21 pm

Interesting thougts guys - may thanks for taking the time to pass them on.

Whilst I accept that the letter I have received is not exactly a totally explicit agreement, it does say that my points have been noted (which means it must have been read - otherwise, how could they note my points?). If it has been read, they have therefore taken note that it is a NOTICE, not a letter, and that a response was required. Despite this, they did NOT respond, meaning that they have, at the very least, TACITLY accepted my claims, as they failed to respond as required.

This may not be an enormous step, but I believe it is a positive step all the same. I will be following up (as mentioned) with a notice of fault and opportunity to cure, and a default judgement when they fail to respond to that. Thereafter, they will have no recourse, andno ability to countrclaim the rights contained therein.

At least that's how I see it (fallible as I am).
Other opinions gratefully received.

B
Freeman-B

Postby huntingross » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:54 pm

Agreed FB, your proposed follow ups are bang on in my opinion, to what is at least a tacit agreement.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby freemagic » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:45 pm

They have received it and there is no rebuttal or counter claim now send a notice of non response and estoppal by acquiescence .
freemagic

PreviousNext

Return to NOUICORs