The Town Hall Talks

The Town Hall Talks

Postby musashi » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:34 pm

Brian the Gerrish will host a new talk at Buckfastleigh Town Hall on the 26th of April next. The talk will commence at 7.30pm and end at 9.30pm with time for tea and questions afterwards.

By special request the talk will focus mainly on schools. An increasing number of locals are taking more interest in our work - particularly those with school age children or are involved in theaching - and about 60 from various neighbouring villages and towns are expected for this event.

The Town Hall Talks are FREE to enter events :cheer: and all are welcome. Bring a friend - bring a constable if you can find one.

If any of you can put on a good talk about SMART METERS or VACCINES and can make it to the town then I'd like to hear from you. Have stage - need speakers.

Musashi
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Re: The Town Hall Talks

Postby musashi » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:54 pm

I've been putting up posters and putting flyers through letterboxes, and have been pleasantly astonished to find welcoming receptions. I have had trouble geting away and getting on with the posting, in fact. So many, it seems, are totally pissed off with just about everything going on. I start on about the next talk and its contents and they take me on to vaccines, or water, or something else that we go on about on sites and meetings and talks.

Once we actually engage with people we find lots of hidden activists quietly doing their own thing in trying to get away from criminal government. Shopkeepers, housewives, nightshift workers - they are awake and we who are out on the streets, as it were, can point them in the right direction to unfiy.

This particular talk seems to be at the 'right time' and the 'right place'. We just need to see if they are the 'right people'.

Don't lose heart. Like an iceberg, the angry, dissatisfied populace is out there just waiting to surface. I find that once I reveal myself and my attitudes others do the same. It's coming together - if a bit slowly for our desires.

This area does have rep for being alternative but it is also a hard core conservative location with a long history of Loyalty To The Crown. In reality, it is no easier here to break down the barriers to understanding than it is anywhere else. Don't lose heart.

We are getting there, and my ambition to make this the first rebel held town might happen.

Musashi
It's still fucked, isn't it?
musashi

Return to Meetings and Events planned.