Headlight Flashing

Headlight Flashing

Postby jonboy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:03 pm

I heard this morning that it is now "illegal" to flash your headlights to warn other drivers of a Mobile speed camera.

If we warn another motorist of a speed camera, we slow them down. With this new statute, they are virtually admitting that cameras aren't to slow us down, but to make money!

It beggars belief! :no:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Re: Headlight Flashing

Postby tomrush » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:10 pm

I'll "test" my headlights wherever I like :P
tomrush

Postby holy vehm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:20 pm

tomrush wrote:I'll "test" my headlights wherever I like :P

Me too tom, and what evidence did they have? none other than the confession of the man in question.
You have the right to remain silent, do so.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Postby huntingross » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:21 pm

Isn't it our duty to warn of hazards along the "rights of way"

And curious how this might work....to warn someone of a camera ahead, we presumably passed it going the other way....so how do they know we flashed our lights.....are there now 2 cameras....and what if the guy coming towards us flashes to warn us of the second camera....do we both end up in court for flashing lights under the speed limit.....this will be fun
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby treeman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:08 pm

An honourable challange methinks, bring it on. :grin: :peace:
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby kliff » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:22 pm

My consent is neither expressed nor implied.
kliff

Postby retlaw » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:46 am

"'When a file is provided to the CPS from the police, it is our duty to decide whether it presents a realistic prospect of conviction and whether a prosecution is in the public interest."

pole 100 drivers and ask them if they would like to be warned of a speed trap,
then present the findings,
i am 100% sure the out come would not support the prosection,
retlaw

Postby greg » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:45 pm

I've read through this and the argument the prosecution made was riduculous. He argued that by flashing the guy he might cause someone to brake and cause an accident. In reality speed cameras cause accidents. We all know this, only doublethink can cause you to believe otherwise.

Yet another example should you need one of the CPS just being a moneymaking business for the crown.

Why even talk to the police? We know they're only out to shaft us, just shut your trap, if you have to say something ask them if you're obliged to answer questions.

Greg
greg

Postby woodman » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Prosecutor John Owston - "You wanted to make sure that people who were speeding slowed down."

:puzz: and this is "illegal"? Proof if ever we needed it that we should no longer tolerate these idiots and their money grabbing twisted logic!

It's true that the driver made a mistake by being honest with Police, never tell them anything!
‘Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds’- Robert Nesta Marley (1945 - 1981)

‘All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing’ - Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)
woodman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Farmer » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:46 pm

The statistics show that speed cameras increase accidents because drivers brake hard when they notice the camera. However, this is not the case with random radar positions to my knowledge. It is my view that flashing oncoming drivers for any reason except safety is a hazard because it takes their attention away from their driving. If a collision happened because of this, and someone was harmed, I would be inclined to find that person guilty.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Next

Return to Bad news