Artificial petrol

Artificial petrol

Postby JOHNIE_GEE » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:24 am

Scientists are developing a fuel that they claim will cost 90p a gallon when or if it goes on sale in 3 - 5 years time.

They are using hydrogen mixed with some magic beads to create this cheap fuel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1351341/Relief-pumps-Revolutionary-hydrogen-fuel-cost-just-90p-GALLON-run-existing-cars.html

Now, this fuel research and development is quietly going to get dropped ( we can't have the masses getting cheap fuel now can we ! ) or it will get taxed to death as with everything else.

JG
JOHNIE_GEE

Re: Artificial petrol

Postby holy vehm » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:49 am

I too came across this, there is a huge market in new energies now, this being one of them. I laugh when i see brand new cars, being bought for 30/40 thousand, when in a couple of years they wont be able to give them away, i have already noticed the price of large engine cars devalued massively on the second hand market.

I suspect they will raise fuel duty on any new form of energy in one way or another. I would look at what europe plans to do with regards fuel duty and the other assorted taxes as its europes policy to bring all taxation into line with each other making the rate we pay the same all over europe.

The recent thread by jonboy regards using veg oil demonstrates very well how governments control what you put in your car, the price of unused veg oil is always roughly the same price per litre as unleaded and has been for many years, this can only be to stop you using an alternative and cheaper fuel.

The point of increasing fuel at the rate they are is to force people off the roads and onto public transport in my opinion and those that still need to drive will have to buy electric cars.
They will still have a fuel duty, maybe not straight away but in time they will, i saw a report about these new smart meters being installed in peoples homes, they will no when you plug your car in to charge it up and you can bet you pay a higher price for the electric consumed and this is passed on as a tax to the government.

Just my thoughts johnie,
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Postby JOHNIE_GEE » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:36 am

The 90p a gallon is wishfull thinking, a dream, because in reality it will get taxed to the hilt. Even electric cars, like you pointed out hv, there will be an increase of duty on the amount of electric you use through these " smart " meter's. If you could get your car to run on water there will be a tax added on to it !!
JOHNIE_GEE

Postby ArturoDekko » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:04 pm

What are you trying to imagine, bring into reality? The future I see has FREE energy, no taxes and no one to tax us. :love:
S E E F O R Y O U R S E L F

Know yourself and you shall know the truth. The truth shall set you free.
ArturoDekko

Postby jonboy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:20 pm

To charge your electric car, use a Lister 2 cyl diesel engine, powered by used veg oil :grin:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby huntingross » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:57 pm

Another false hope tech story to feed the masses....I used to love watching Tomorrow's World when I was a kid, but alas, tomorrow never comes.

Electric cars are likely to be cheap to fuel when they arrive.....like diesel was when there was only petrol engines.....now look at the cost of diesel.

Create a dependency then tax it, not before.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby holy vehm » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:11 am

jonboy wrote:To charge your electric car, use a Lister 2 cyl diesel engine, powered by used veg oil :grin:

Totally agree, and this way, for us at least may make the electric car economically viable.
I was though speaking in general terms in my post above, what i think the government will do and what the masses will do.

huntingross wrote:Create a dependency then tax it, not before.

Always seems the way, doesnt it.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Postby Freeman Stephen » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:50 am

where can i source a small wood powered steam engine. i can add an alternator later.
Freeman Stephen

Postby tritowns » Sat May 26, 2012 2:08 am

i plan on building a wood gasifier an putting it on my pickup truck. I already have a genset that is powered by wood.
tritowns

Postby cooky560 » Sat May 26, 2012 8:57 pm

I don't mean to depress people but electric cars have several problems making them less than useful:

•The car takes 8 hours to charge, this is worse than useless if you run out of juice half-way home, where in a traditional (or alternate fuel) based engine can refill and be good to go in a few minutes
•The cost of the energy taken to re-fill the car is at least equal to the cost of the average diesel fuel car if you recharge it at home. This unknown energy usage also poses a danger to those on pre-payment meters
•The ethics of electric cars is flawed to the materials used to make the power cells, the production of such cells is a complex process involving extracting non-recyclable and dangerous chemicals, shipping them across to the factory and then making the car. Some people estimate that the building of an electric car means it does more damage to environment before it touches the road than an average car does in 50,000 miles of usage.
•If a normal car runs out of fuel or otherwise fails on the road, the internal battery will power the lights, hazards, etc as needed to alert other travellers to the crash, if an electric car runs out of juice, there is no power to operate these items meaning the car is a danger to other road users.
•The cost of the cars is usually higher than those of normal cars
•The performance of the machine is usually hampered compared to similar sized normal cars.

I support people finding alternate fuels for their cars, but until someone creates a power cell that can recharge in 5 minutes, and is built using non exotic chemicals (this latter one applies to almost all batteries) electric cars are NOT a viable way forward.

Some people have experimented with the idea (admittedly in trains) of running a low power diesel generator to power an electric motor with reasonable success. Diesel offers more useful output in terms of electricity generation than it does when driving an engine itself, so you get many more miles per gallon using the diesel engine to generate electricity, then feeding it straight into an electric motor, or a small rechargeable battery so that when the fuel runs out there is still some power left to drive the motors.
cooky560

Next

Return to News (the Good, the Bad & the Ugly)