Credit card debt advice please

Credit card debt advice please

Postby insertusernamehere » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:43 am

To cut a long story short - I have a fair bit of credit card debt (over 2 cards) that I would like to get rid of.

I have heard that by cancelling direct debit credit card payments, ignoring threatening letters from the credit card company and bailiffs, not answering your door to bailiffs, not entering into a contract with the credit card company or bailiff usually means they eventually leave you alone and the debt goes away.

Has anybody went through this process? Do all credit card companies follow the same process? How does it affect you if you are a home-owner - are there any repercussions? Does it mean an automatic CCJ/bad credit? I would appreciate any advice or pointers and tips (good or bad) you could give me.

Thank you :)
insertusernamehere

Re: Credit card debt advice please

Postby Prajna » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:16 am

dude, you want to fuck over the credit card companies and then you worry about whether it will affect your credit rating? Why are you concerned to have a credit rating? Isn't the MISTAKE of getting sucked in to the credit (actually debt) delusion the problem you are trying to resolve? Maybe you need to go away and think a little about what you are asking.
FREEDOM Best Before: 11 Sept 2001
http://tomboy-pink.co.uk/ and http://DeclarePeace.org.uk/
Prajna

Postby insertusernamehere » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:31 am

I'm not worried about my credit rating - I merely asked the question about how it may affect my credit rating. Yes I've made the mistake of getting into debt but isn't it prudent to get ALL THE FACTS before embarking on a mission to fuck over credit card companies. Does that not demonstrate I HAVE thought about what I am asking? I think it does. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Your haughty reply has made no real difference to me in the slightest. Go and belittle somebody else.
insertusernamehere

Postby pedawson » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:06 pm

insertusernamehere wrote:I'm not worried about my credit rating - I merely asked the question about how it may affect my credit rating. Yes I've made the mistake of getting into debt but isn't it prudent to get ALL THE FACTS before embarking on a mission to fuck over credit card companies. Does that not demonstrate I HAVE thought about what I am asking? I think it does. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Your haughty reply has made no real difference to me in the slightest. Go and belittle somebody else.

Until you have met Pajna I would advise not to make such sweeping statements. Quite often people do things that are unwise in the first place and getting into debt is but one of them.
Most people who have confronted the credit card companies, are because of the exorbitant interest rates and not because they borrowed money in the first place, but that be as it may.

There are many posts that are on this forum detailing the process; ones that have confronted the companies for reasons of their own.
Please be reminded that we do not give advice and that any action you take is for your own conscience.

Do a search with the terms 'credit card' and look through those, there are many templates you could use, and in what order.

Your credit rating, by the way, will be well fucked. You will find it difficult to get credit after confronting any card company.
My rating is zero, but then I don't want their credit - I am debt free and even if I weren't I wouldn't want it.

Just as a matter of interest Prajna gave some sound information, this process is a process one should not enter lightly the potential consequences can be quite catastrophic, and not only because of credit ratings.
The reason, and the only reason one should be doing this is to show contempt at the presumed power these banksters think they have; it is a way of telling them to go fuck themselves.

Hope this helps.

Namaste, phil;
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby cammie » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:28 am

Hi
Whosoever advised you this way is a completely illiterate person. By doing so, you will harm your own image before your creditor and this will not save you from paying your debt but make you liable before law . If you are in credit card loan, many fraud companies are emerging on the scene, who for making money are just misguiding their clients. I have read here http://www.vantageacceptance.com/credit-card-debt/ to avoid doing business with any debt settlement company that promises to settle your debt if they:

-Charges any fees before it settles your debts.
-Touts a “new government program” to bail out personal credit card debt.
-Guarantees it can make your unsecured debt go away.
-Tells you to stop communicating with your creditors, but doesn’t explain the serious consequences.
-Tells you it can stop all debt collection calls and lawsuits.
-Guarantees that your unsecured debts can be paid off for pennies on the dollar.

This is all my personal experience.
cammie

Return to Credit cards