Reston's Solicitors & MBNA - Small Claims Track

Re: Reston's Solicitors & MBNA - Small Claims Track

Postby tomrush » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:37 am

boo boo wrote:
tomrush wrote:Yeah, I was reluctant at first but she was the one who wanted to go head-on with them.

I've been waiting for proof of claim since last year, unfortunately - I'll ask about power of attorney, seems like a good idea.

You say you've got a friend in court with these jokes - any info that I might find useful?



He was in court today,he didnt even get lubed up they just bummed him dry,

CCJ awarded

Appeal and some serious action is on its way

The judge allowed aload of shite into evidence(not relevent) but hey he's the judge he would of allowed a tesco invoice in as an agreement if he wanted.


Serious action?
What was the tack he took with his defense/dealing with the court?


On an aside, added a copy of Restons' claim to the first post.
User avatar
tomrush
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:28 am
Location: Sovereign State of Mises, C.O.B.S.

Re: Reston's Solicitors & MBNA - Small Claims Track

Postby boo boo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:05 am

He had a 25 point skeleton argument that was carefully crafted,the judge wasn't bothered about it.

His point was "you had the money pay it back"

Restons put in an unledgable application form, Judge dread was satisfied it was the agreement!!!!!!

Appeal is being lodged and some serious questions asked so we will see.

It would be good to start a thread now for court procedures"statute way" not Freeman so we can all throw ideas on what to say,not to say and to see what works and doesn't if i make sense!!!
boo boo
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Reston's Solicitors & MBNA - Small Claims Track

Postby tomrush » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:04 am

Can I get a quick overview of those 25 points? It'd be good to know what will/won't work.

As well as that, how long did it take from claim form to court date?

I'm thinking that it'd be best to keep it short and sweet as far as this case goes, don't anger the monkey behind the desk too much.
User avatar
tomrush
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:28 am
Location: Sovereign State of Mises, C.O.B.S.

Re: Reston's Solicitors & MBNA - Small Claims Track

Postby boo boo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:33 am

from summons to judgement approx 12 weeks but it was a bit complex
boo boo
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Reston's Solicitors & MBNA - Small Claims Track

Postby tomrush » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:25 am

Quick update to this, having had zero documents from MBNA ever, we entered a skeleton defence, Reston's made an application to strike it out and sent a load of documents that didn't correlate as "evidence". I'll get them posted up sometime in the next couple of days with the entire defence submitted alongside it. The date for that preliminary hearing is the 21st, after which I'll post another update.
User avatar
tomrush
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:28 am
Location: Sovereign State of Mises, C.O.B.S.

Re: Reston's Solicitors & MBNA - Small Claims Track

Postby MikeThomas » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:41 am

Good luck with that Tom :yes:
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
User avatar
MikeThomas
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:17 pm
Location: Llanharan, South Wales

Re: Reston's Solicitors & MBNA - Small Claims Track

Postby boo boo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:02 am

tomrush wrote:Quick update to this, having had zero documents from MBNA ever, we entered a skeleton defence, Reston's made an application to strike it out and sent a load of documents that didn't correlate as "evidence". I'll get them posted up sometime in the next couple of days with the entire defence submitted alongside it. The date for that preliminary hearing is the 21st, after which I'll post another update.



Restons used in my mates case, a newspaper clipping as evidence and the judge allowed it,

Tread very carefully with these guys
Object,Object,Object!!!!!!!

You may find that Restons will be the only ones in court and no one from MBNA
boo boo
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: Reston's Solicitors & MBNA - Small Claims Track

Postby tomrush » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:20 am

boo boo wrote:
tomrush wrote:Quick update to this, having had zero documents from MBNA ever, we entered a skeleton defence, Reston's made an application to strike it out and sent a load of documents that didn't correlate as "evidence". I'll get them posted up sometime in the next couple of days with the entire defence submitted alongside it. The date for that preliminary hearing is the 21st, after which I'll post another update.



Restons used in my mates case, a newspaper clipping as evidence and the judge allowed it,

Tread very carefully with these guys
Object,Object,Object!!!!!!!

You may find that Restons will be the only ones in court and no one from MBNA


The newer defence is literally a deconstruction of everything that they put in as evidence, alongside our repeated attempts to obtain information from them, to no avail. I'll post it up as soon as I'm free to correlate it all for the internets.
User avatar
tomrush
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:28 am
Location: Sovereign State of Mises, C.O.B.S.

Previous

Return to Credit cards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest