loans

Discuss all of your Banking, Finance and "Money" related issues here.

Re: loans

Postby hopey86 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:48 pm

hi every1 bare with me please cuz this is my 1st post.
im 23 years old and i got a loan and a overdraft off the abbey national bank about 5 years ago now the loan was for £1000 and the overdraft was for about £700 and its got to the point now were the debt has been passed on to debt collectors. i now have no intention of paying this i was just wondering if there was anything i could do about this?

hope to hear from you soon thanks
scott :yes:
hopey86

Postby woodman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Hi Scott,

You should have put this in its own thread really.

If the "debt" has been passed to a DCA, well it's likely that the debt has been sold to them. As you have no contract with the DCA, there would be no need to pay them anything.

When was the last contact from the or DCA and what did they say?
‘Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds’- Robert Nesta Marley (1945 - 1981)

‘All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing’ - Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)
woodman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Shlante » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi,
What you need to do is go to this site www.getoutofdebtfree.org

Regards
shlante
Shlante

Postby MrFreeV » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:48 pm

anyway update on my loan situ,

after sending the various notices telling abbey i would only speak to them via mail they have persistently rung me everyday for the past god knows how long.
Now i'm not the best communicator at the best of times, but the other day i answered the call, the guy didn't bother with the security questions because i said i would not confirm them, he then went on and started chatting anyway! he said "we really need to speak to you" and in reply i said "anything you want to say to me can be put in a letter" and hung up. i've only recieved one call since then and i did not answer it.
My problem now is where do i go from here?! i'm a jittery wreck whenever i talk or stand up for myself so i've personally always prefered to write.
I'm just a little stuck now... there is more to the situation but as usual my brain has blocked it out now that i'm trying to think of it all.

regards, a peace loving nervous wreck! :ouch:
:peace:
Gaining momentum :cheer:
Love Is Free
MrFreeV

Postby Dipsy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:34 am

You don't have to talk to anyone over the phone. If you hit a load of Credit cards and other loans recently and you suspect many have your mobile number that is the first thing you must change! Some phones can block anon /withheld numbers or add shown numbers to screened but its always best to have a fresh virgin number that only your mother knows and no one else.

On your home phone use the answer machine NEVER answer to withheld or anon calls. Many phones can block numbers add these to the dial plan blocking so they dont even get to your phone. Remember the DCA call centers use automated ringers and a rotation call logging system and will ring your number for months and month and months! IF you answer and speak to ANYONE you are now moved up to the chain as now they know you exist and worth allocating a debt officer to you. These DCA's use clever tricks and carefully crafted scripts to get you to speak and slip up. DONT ANSWER THE PHONE EVER!

Read the letters but if its not an actual court summons then chuck it the bin.

I don't do any debt validation now until i actually get a summons which is only about 1 in 20 DCA's will do this based upon my experience and everyone else that reports their process using the bin method/RTS - THEN i start debt validation process.

The odds are the same even if you reply to every letter eventually ONE will raise a summons so you might as well take the peaceful hassle free road instead.

BTW dont worry about the debt take comfort in the fact its all a scam and its YOUR credit in any case only you was tricked. In fact be happy if its a really large amount you have cos its makes it worthwhile if you have £100,000 of debt the letters are the same as chasing 50 quid. If you are struggling to meet the monthly payments just max them out and book holiday or something and have fun!
Dipsy

Postby MrFreeV » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:17 pm

Dipsy wrote:You don't have to talk to anyone over the phone. If you hit a load of Credit cards and other loans recently and you suspect many have your mobile number that is the first thing you must change! Some phones can block anon /withheld numbers or add shown numbers to screened but its always best to have a fresh virgin number that only your mother knows and no one else.

On your home phone use the answer machine NEVER answer to withheld or anon calls. Many phones can block numbers add these to the dial plan blocking so they dont even get to your phone. Remember the DCA call centers use automated ringers and a rotation call logging system and will ring your number for months and month and months! IF you answer and speak to ANYONE you are now moved up to the chain as now they know you exist and worth allocating a debt officer to you. These DCA's use clever tricks and carefully crafted scripts to get you to speak and slip up. DONT ANSWER THE PHONE EVER!

Read the letters but if its not an actual court summons then chuck it the bin.

I don't do any debt validation now until i actually get a summons which is only about 1 in 20 DCA's will do this based upon my experience and everyone else that reports their process using the bin method/RTS - THEN i start debt validation process.

The odds are the same even if you reply to every letter eventually ONE will raise a summons so you might as well take the peaceful hassle free road instead.

BTW dont worry about the debt take comfort in the fact its all a scam and its YOUR credit in any case only you was tricked. In fact be happy if its a really large amount you have cos its makes it worthwhile if you have £100,000 of debt the letters are the same as chasing 50 quid. If you are struggling to meet the monthly payments just max them out and book holiday or something and have fun!

I'm Not dealing with DCA's yet. they have said they are going to allocate one too me if i don't pay the sum. which of course i'm not going to.
I definatley want the peaceful hassle free road! maybe it is time to change my mobile number!
Indeed! enjoi the ride! :D :peace:

It is an amazingly pressurised system, the constant barrage of letters, even the wording in the letters. It's cruel and un-human!
not to mention completely effin backwards! thank you for you kind supportive words. they really do get me out of dark places.
Just wish i knew more people like those on here in my personal life!
am so stressed right now :ouch:
:love: 4 all
Gaining momentum :cheer:
Love Is Free
MrFreeV

Previous

Return to Banking Crime