loans

Discuss all of your Banking, Finance and "Money" related issues here.

Re: loans

Postby MrFreeV » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:18 pm

right wasn't expecting that... they rang me today and i was driving so i told them to call me back (luckily) i have bad signal at my house so they probably won't get through!
However this presents a problem for me as on the phone i have no idea what i'm going to say... i mean i do have some idea but not enough to.. i dunno.
i'm new to all this and just don't want to be taken for a ride. i work hard enough as it is an the taxman doesn't give me a break i just want to live and that seems all too impossible in this effin place. :yawn:
Gaining momentum :cheer:
Love Is Free
:peace:
MrFreeV

Postby gepisar » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:48 pm

DO NOT DO THIS OVER THE PHONE. THEY WILL HAVE ADVANTAGE.

I'll just throw this one out, I HAVE NOT TRIED it, but when they call, and ask for "MrFreeV"[yourname] ask them which one they want. (i.e. YOU or the STRAWMAN - dont tell them that, just ask which one) If they say the one born on xx/xx/19xx then just keep saying "which one, theres 4 or 5 of them here with the same birthday" (I think there are about 15 PERSONS per real human being in this country. They are all exclusive. i.e. a driver is NOT a tax payer, is not an employee of the state, is not a whatever...) :giggle:

However, they should always ID you over the phone, so they will ask you to confirm your address, just say NO you cant do that. They cant MAKE you can they? AND until you confirm (contract remember) they cant talk to you about anything of substance without jeopardising breaching data protection. You could just ask them to send a letter and revoke permission for them to contact you by telephone, which is probably best cos then you can start your rebuttals sooner.

If your interest is 40-50-60 percent you have a case for unfair relationship and extortionate lending. I assume you're generalising the fact that its your money in the first place, and a notional admin fee for the paper work and accounting of, say 50 quid, would be reasonable rather that 25% APR compounded for 5 years?

Peace and support!
JR
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Postby kevin » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:31 am

gepisar wrote:DO NOT DO THIS OVER THE PHONE. THEY WILL HAVE ADVANTAGE.

that's right! and they'll deny any knowledge of anything they say later, they will ask you security questions to confirm your identity....A: YOU DO NOT GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFO OVER THE PHONE!!..why would you? it's a security risk :rotfl:
kevin

Postby MrFreeV » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:30 am

thanks for the support guys if they ring me today i'll be sure to be my own receptionist, "which one do you want?", "I'm sorry i can't give out details over the phone as it is a major security risk" and also "there is no one by that name here".

It is my mobile number they have too. but i drive most of the day and night so when/if i am called up i'm driving! and i've no handsfree! :police:

:hug: for you all :grin:
Love Is Free
MrFreeV

Postby Highspirit » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:42 pm

MrFreeV, was the loan taken on the vehicle itself? i.e. was it Vehicle HP/Car Finance? If so they may try and snatch the car back off your drive or wherever. They hire thugs to do this so beware. You need to get the car to a place where they cant get access. If the thugs find you driving the car they will follow you wherever until they can snatch it back. Be mindful. Other than that, well done, it's the right thing to do. We are all starting to say NO MORE!!!!!

:clap: :clap: HS
Know Thyself
Highspirit

Postby MrFreeV » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:32 pm

no no it was a personal loan. :grin:
Love Is Free
MrFreeV

Postby gepisar » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Check the small print of your loan agreement: if it is for a vehicle, normally if you've re-paid over 50% there is a clause that prevents them taking back the car. Anyone else verify this? (Ive heard this mentioned quite a few times - but cant cite any sources)
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Postby buddha1 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:33 pm

MrFreeV wrote:ah yes i see! so cancelling the direct debit i should do yes!! at £174 of my hard earned ca$h monies every month it would help me out a great deal! :grin:

thanks for helping me out here btw :hug:

How has this worked out for you any feedback/sucess
buddha1

Postby MrFreeV » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:39 pm

i've stopped paying and they called me an i told them i don't discuss over the phone, i'll be sending a notice to cease harrasment out this week. I'll post up if/when i get a reply :D
Love Is Free
MrFreeV

Postby MrFreeV » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:53 am

right i've got my post finally and have recieved two letters. one on 26/10/09 and one 3/11/09.
the 3/11/09 letter is the one i shall be focusing on as it is a NOTICE OF MISSED PAYMENT for £126.99.

I'm trying to come up with a reply and was thinking of something along the lines of:
I shall agree to pay the outstanding sum upon receipt of the following:
The original contract signed by me plus all terms and conditions associated with said contract.

there should be more like stuff about the deception of the loan process itself.
However, my way with words, or lack thereof has left me with only the two lines above.
Does anyone have anymore words of wisdom to add and aide?

would like to get this off this week with possibly a notice to cease harrassement as they keep calling me!
Love Is Free
MrFreeV

PreviousNext

Return to Banking Crime