Are Schools Breaking The 'Law'?

Re: Are Schools Breaking The 'Law'?

Postby pitano1 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:42 pm

slightly off topic,but thought you
home schoolers might be interested.

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/underground/toc1.htm
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby FASEN8R » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:07 pm

pitano1 wrote:slightly off topic,but thought you
home schoolers might be interested.

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/underground/toc1.htm

Bookmarked, looks a good read, thanks pitano1 :yes: :peace:

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I Learn!!
FASEN8R

Postby FASEN8R » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:46 pm

ellie12022 wrote:Really pleased your son doing well Kev bright :cheer:

How did parent's evening go?

Parents evening went VERY well thankyou .......
I spent over an hour talking to Duncans Construction teacher and he said that he's going to do everything he can to teach Duncan relevant skills. He told me he was aware of what I had done to get Duncan onto the course and he admired our dedication to our sons future and wished more parents would listen to their kids and worked with them like we have. He also told us that he has altered the current homework policy for Duncan so he doesn't have all the 'bullshit paperwork' to do and he only has to complete the essential bits regarding Health & Safety in order to gain the relelvant qualification. He also showed me the workshops where he wants Duncan within the next week or so. He is totally dedicated to getting him working with his hands and only doing a minimal amount of paperwork, unlike the rest of the group that has to do it all. He said he was more than willing to treat Duncan as an individual because he could clearly see the dedication shown to get him to this position whereas the other kids in the group were mainly there because they 'didnt have any other options'!! He also wants Duncan working on structures outside as he is now aware that our intentions are to build eco-structures in the near future, something that he is delighted about! :clap:

On a slightly different note.....
It has now come to my attention that one of the teachers actually removed Duncan from a sofa in one of the rooms because he didnt have BLUE EYES!! What the fuck is going on? Apparently he was sat in his English lesson with one of his new friends when this teacher came up to him and asked why he was sat on the sofa as it was only for kids with blue eyes!! Duncan obviously laughed as he thought she was joking only to get a sharp edge of her tongue for being cheeky!! This is the very same teacher that has express her opinion that everyone that is claiming benefits should be put on an island with only potatoes to grow and feed themselves with. Apparently this island should be secure and surrounded by patrol boats and far enough out to sea so as no-one could ever swim to shore!! I am truly pissed off about this and have asked Duncan to be respectful and polite but in his next lesson to ask some very serious questions in front of his class mates. If she dares to have another go at him regarding these questions then i'll be in there like a shot and i'll have her in front of the head in a blink of an eye. This is exactly the reason why we removed our children in the first place but considering Duncans advanced understanding of the world around us and the indoctrination that the schools are trying to impose on our children, i'm more than willing for him to try and 'expose' them from the inside! He has told me that he's willing to do this and if things get out of hand then ive instructed him to give them notice that he is leaving and returning home and the Education Officer will deal with the issue. As Duncan has said to Sarah and I, we are all for 'freedom of speech' but I feel as though her opinion is rather extreme considering a majority of the children there have parents in receipt of one benefit or another!

Watch this space..... The plot thickens......

:love: :peace:

FASEN8R

Postby pedawson » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:11 pm

So he is not a 'BLUE EYED BOY'.

The saying goes back a long way and I would think in your case it means Duncan does not have the earned privilege.

There used to be form rooms and the dining room was sectioned off in to those that are going to get somewhere, those that are going somewhere but not very fast and those that should be put on a boat and sunk far out to sea.

This teacher WILL, if you leave her alone, get what the universe usually gives.
If any harm comes to Duncan because of this woman then you anger would be justified, however it hasn't, won't, come to that.

Now here is a lesson :-) You are the one who is learning the lesson FASEN8ER, this is NOT about what is 'currently' going on with school or even Duncan.
I have to say this in a way you can read my intention, so I will be as kind as I can be and you know I mean it.

It's time to let that boy of yours FLY. Stop mollycoddling and let him go and make a few of his own mistakes AND even let him work out the solution to the current problem. You HAVE given your son a great start in life, You have sacrificed a lot and have a lot invested in Duncan, but the small print states quite clearly, there comes a time when you have to TRUST.

Hey MATE I am in the same position, but Ben my son has beaten the odds and only with what he has found out by making mistakes and knowing I will put it right if he can't, but only after trying. And what he has learned from me regarding morals, consequences, and truthfulness (At all times).
Remember Be n came to school from a different country and had it all to do himself at the age of 9. I had to let him see just what he would be protected from if I were involved, he had to see it otherwise he would not appreciate what he has.

Any hoo
Here's YOUR own words
Parents evening went VERY well thankyou .......
I spent over an hour talking to Duncans Construction teacher and he said that he's going to do everything he can to teach Duncan relevant skills.

Celebrate it, you've done everything you can, you have lit the blue touch paper hang on to the rocket and you'll get burned. Let it go and see it burst into an array of beautiful light.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So don't be CROSS with me, I mean well. You probably know all this shit anyway so I am teaching granny to suck eggs.

Namaste, rev;
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby FASEN8R » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:55 pm

I appreciate your words rev, thankyou. Sometimes one doesn't see the wood for the trees and I just KNOW i'm being over protective but you are most probably right.
I still find it hard to put into practise what I know is right.....and this is what i mean....
When I was a kid I got bullied but had to 'deal with it'. Sometimes I feel im trying to protect my kids from suffering the same unyet there is more to the bargain now with the system we have.... OR IS THERE??

It's difficult to let go, and I know you know what I mean after the convo we had at the manor.

It takes time and courage......for both of us I guess

Namaste :peace:

FASEN8R

Previous

Return to Children