Homework question (just for fun)

Homework question (just for fun)

Postby holy vehm » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:44 pm

A chance for some light conversation.

My 13 year old son, ryan, has just presented me with his homework.

It starts with a question.

If God exists, why does he let bad things happen?

This piece of work gives you the opportunity to show your understanding of a difficult philosophical problem, the problem of suffering.

Your task.
God has agreed to be interviewed on the newsnight programme, the interview should be all about the existance of suffering in the world and the reasons why many theists have a problem with it and the reasons god has for letting it happen.

Dont forget, as the interviewer, you need to really challenge God and his answers.

For me, the question may as well be,

If santa exists, why dont all the children get presents?

So, lets see what enlightened homework we can return ryan back to school with :giggle:

You really couldnt make this shyte up could you, my first answer to ryan was, does he exist in the first place in order to be on the programme, if not, homework done.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Re: Homework question (just for fun)

Postby treeman » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:16 pm

My answer would be that God was an astronaut who landed here a millenium ago and planted the seed of humanity. He said he would return one day to check on progress, but due to interstellar travel at the speed of light, he's only just on his way back and he is late. As for the suffering, the cunts he left the legacy to look after the books have well and truly cooked the books and our fucking goose. end of homework. Amen.
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby holy vehm » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:12 pm

The creator gave man natural law.
Man breaks natural law.
Man therefore suffers a punishment.
The creator doesnt make man suffer, man does.
The creator doesnt let bad things happen, man does.

In order for man not to suffer, he must live by natural law.

There are no questions on this subject that man could ask the creator, to ask a question would be to demonstrate that man does not yet understand and to question the creator would be against the rules according to the bible.
The same bible that is held so dear to the establishment, which all oaths are made on, thus question the bible you question the establishment and its authority.

Are we allowed to do that?

The above is the answer to the question, would love to know the schools answer.

If the school say yes to the above then they cannot punish the child when he challenges the schools authority for that is what they are teaching him, to challenge the authority of the state and crown. (Possibly treason)
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Postby treeman » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:53 pm

Thats what I meant to say Dave, it just comes across wrong in my world. :thinks: :giggle: :peace:
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby pedawson » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:41 am

Free choice

Namaste, rev;
more later
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby pitano1 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:14 am

have you read the contract,and the terms,and conditions
that apply to all.

you have the manual,and instructions,`now fuck off,before i smite yer. :giggle:
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby tayga » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:39 am

You are God and God is you. Why are you asking me this question when you already know the answer?
tayga

Postby holy vehm » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:49 am

Good answers, i can see us getting a gold star for this :giggle:

Its such a typical worded piece of homework isnt it. The homework, to my mind is so common purpose orientated, its trying to say something without directly saying it.

They are teaching the kids to question god, yet if you believed in god, then its something you wouldnt do and if you dont believe in god you still wouldnt question him as he wouldnt exist in your mind. You cant question something that isnt there.

Perhaps the school should provide proof that he does exist and is available for interview.

As a pagan, my idea of a god and what they can and cannot do is very differant to that of a christian god according to the bible.
holy vehm

Postby enegiss » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:30 am

If God exists, why does he let bad things happen?

This piece of work gives you the opportunity to show your understanding of a difficult philosophical problem, the problem of suffering.

Your task.
God has agreed to be interviewed on the newsnight programme, the interview should be all about the existance of suffering in the world and the reasons why many theists have a problem with it and the reasons god has for letting it happen.

Dont forget, as the interviewer, you need to really challenge God and his answers.
GOD, Government Organised Destruction, allah (al lah) the law, the law is in place it cannot be changed and the suffering is placed within each for a lesson, no death, only ascension, here after, no suffering, here and now suffering, :grin:
if you wish to create a favourable History, then you have to start now.
enegiss

Postby MikeThomas » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:16 pm

holy vehm wrote:Good answers, i can see us getting a gold star for this :giggle:

And a visit from the Educational Psychologist :giggle:
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Next

Return to Children