Home Ed: a letter that works to get rid of EHE visits!

Home Ed: a letter that works to get rid of EHE visits!

Postby niemanda » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi all,

This is based upon their own silly statute 'laws' :puke: ... BUT .... the letter below has now been proven to work by numerous families. Whilstever and wherever we can throw their own crap back in their faces, I'd say that HAS to be a positive move - and it's less confrontational than going common law with them, for those who are feeling less than confident about doing so. Send them this letter next time they write/call you pestering for the 'yearly visit', and that should be the last you hear from them ('til next year!)

I have lost count now of how many home educating families I know who feel strongly that they do not wish to entertain these intrusive visits, and many of those are too frightened to speak up, especially in these times where stories of children being stolen by the state are so rife. They don't want to appear subversive or do anything which 'might' give 'cause for concern'. But even using their own tools against them, in a firm but fair way, we can just say NO - and it works! How cool is that??!!

Love to all, :love:

J

------------------------------------------

Attn: Miss Anthrope
Re: EHE Visits

Thank you for your letter of whatever date.

We are aware of our responsibilities under Section 7 of the Education Act 1996 and are satisfied that we are providing ***** with an education which is suitable to her age, ability and aptitude.

Under the section entitled ‘Local authorities' responsibilities’ para 2.7 of The Elective Home Education Guidelines for Local Authorities it states:

“Local authorities have no statutory duties in relation to monitoring
the quality of home education on a routine basis.”

However, under Section 437(1) of the Education Act 1996, local authorities shall intervene if it appears that parents are not providing a suitable education. This section states that:

"If it appears to a local education authority that a child of compulsory school age in their area is not receiving suitable education, either by regular attendance at school or otherwise, they shall serve a notice in writing on the parent requiring him to satisfy them within the period specified in the notice that the child is receiving such education.”

Mindful of the above we presume that no evidence has come to your attention which would cause you to believe that the education provided is inadequate so neither a visit nor a report is necessary.

**** is thinking, conversing, playing, practicing, designing, planning, photographing, singing, learning about herself and learning about the world around her. We believe this to be completely appropriate to her age, ability and aptitude and will continue to offer her opportunities to learn and fulfil her potential as she grows older.

(Substitute whatever you want for this last paragraph - I went on and on for about a page, including all kinds of glowing praise for my daughter's ATTRIBUTES and CHARACTER as well as her 'educational' interests)

Yours sincerely

Name: as commonly called
Last edited by niemanda on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
niemanda

Re: A letter that works to get rid of EHE visits!

Postby Karl:J » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:24 pm

At last...!!!! I realise that FOTL is a movement of rebellion and choice but it is very difficult for the majority to live that life but there are ways within the system that have been created for us to rebel, the idea is that thousands upon thousands of us do it at the same time and the system cannot cope.... send in letters like this about vaccinations, education... there are nearly always opt out options but we as the people are not openly told of these for obvious reasons.
When it comes to parking or traffic tickets... always send it back not guilty ask for a trial and request the officer attend, then ask for disclosure/discovery using the case law relating to it. Then i suggest you learn as much as possible about fighting tickets before court, if you can get the time to go to court then do so, at the very least if your not confident about challenging the court you will likely get a plea bargain with the prosecutor and have to pay less and/or get a reduction of the offence(s) if your really lucky the cop wont be there and the case is dismissed.
You know they have been treating us like children for a very long time, we can grow up or just act like the children and ask "WHY" a demand to pay... "WHY" have to send my kids to school... "WHY" "WHY" "WHY"...
Bills... there's another, Mortgage, another.. look for letters asking about verification of the debt, look for a ebook called the "Blank of Ireland" and other similar letters on this an other sites.
If you are here then it is for a reason, you are struggling to survive like millions of others..... what the hell do you have to lose... ????
Men fight for liberty, and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools.
And their grandchildren are once more slaves.
Karl:J

Re: Home Ed: a letter that works to get rid of EHE visits!

Postby wildheart » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:49 am

Thank you for this.

We have had two visits from the HE officer - nice bloke and we got glowing reports - but we really don't want the intrusion, the stress before a visit and how do you physically 'show' some how you learn or teach something without reams of paperwork, workbooks, daily blogging ... not for us !

So, I shall be declining any further contact from the LEA and this template is a great asset to help do this.

:grin:
wildheart

Postby niemanda » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:23 pm

My pleasure, wildheart - we feel the same way, and have also had two pervious visits and two glowing reports. Since I posted it here, this notice/letter has been by three further families that I know of with the same results - the magical disappearing LEA trick :wink: I am delighted to have passed it on :grin:
niemanda

Postby consumerpada » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:07 pm

great letter ...cheers. :yes:
Knowledge makes a (wo)man unfit to be a slave." — Frederick Douglass
consumerpada

Postby FASEN8R » Thu May 26, 2011 12:12 am

I thought I would post an update for this thread in order to help others thinking of home educating their children and to show our appreciation to Niemanda as the letter I sent to our local Education Authority was based around her template.

Our original/1st letter was submitted to the Education Authority of North Lincolnshire Council in August 2010 after receiving a 'request' for a visit to discuss certain aspects of our childrens home education. After drafting and sending a letter, based around the template above, we had no further correspondence whatsoever from the Education Authority and they even failed to attend the meeting at our home that they had pre-arranged without our consent. A short while after, we moved to Huddersfield then onto Herefordshire and used the same technique after receiving another 'request' for a visit from the local Education Officer for that area. After having a brief 20 minute conversation with the officer that attended our home, again WITHOUT our consent, she returned to her office extremely pleased with the information that I had shared with her regarding our rights. I also told her how we were teaching our children the 'essentials' (i.e. maths, english, science etc) but also advised her that the main area of their education was based around living on the land and basic survival skills. The very next day, our c/o address received a letter expressing her delight at what we were achieving and commended us on our efforts.

We have since moved to a small sea-side town on the east coast of England and have continued to home educate our children. We have lived here for around 7 weeks and I received a phonecall this morning from the Education Authority asking if we would like them to pay us a visit to see how things are going. The bizarre thing about the whole 5 minute conversation was that every other sentence or so was about the fact that we were under "NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER" to agree to a meeting!! Apparently, the only reason she had rang me was that while checking their records she had noticed a big question mark(?) next to my name!! It then transpired that she was actually calling from North Lincolnshire Education Authority where the original letter had been submitted so I politely told her that we had moved to various other areas around the country since last August. We have now been completely removed from their records.

So, to wrap this post up.........
It appears to me that the Education Authorities most certainly DO take note of the letters sent, they DO work and they DO realise that they have NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to impose their authority onto parents that choose to educate their children at home in whichever way they choose.
Thankyou Niemanda :O)

Namaste
Kev

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I Learn!!
FASEN8R

Postby niemanda » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:37 am

Karl, wildheart, kev - how wonderful it is to know that my post here has helped :love: That makes me really, really happy :grin:

I've passed the template on in various ways many times over the last few years, and I know that it has been used successfully over and over again...

We're still using it ourselves, every year (!) and I now also add a bit mentioning that by communicating with them in a language which may suggest that I give weight to their statutes and acts I'm actually humouring them out of kindness purely to assist in their interactions with the LEA's robotic, box-ticking system. I go on to remind them that such is not the case (in what I trust comes across as a suitably patronising manner :giggle: ), since I stand only under common law i.e. no contract - services neither required nor requested...

My daughter is 11 now, and remains staunchly adamant that the government have no business monitoring her in any way. Free-Child-on-the-Land :grin: Love it! :love:

Jay
niemanda

Postby FASEN8R » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi Niemanda :)
Yes, thanks for sharing this letter, it does work very well. We are still using it together with the Guidelines that the LEAs have to follow! I recently discovered them on the interweb and found them EXTREMELY interesting to say the least!
Heres a link: http://www.home-education.org.uk/articles/ehelg.pdf

Namaste

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I Learn!!
FASEN8R

Postby Freeman Stephen » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:13 am

:yes: niemanda.

good to hear long term strategies that are holding.
Freeman Stephen

Postby hurn » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:21 pm

they usto try and phone us to arrange for them to come and see how our daughter was getting on as we removed her from the chains of goverment brainwashing..but they never came as i always stated that if we needed there services we would have no hesitation in not calling them and always stated that they have no jurisdiction over our child as she was not registered with them ...when she became of there legal age to and what there laws say .she decided when she was 17 to apply for a ni number (i didnt want her to do it but it was 100%her decision backed by both of us)the goverment then wrote to us asking us to more or less give permission to issue her with a ni number.....
DONT WORRY IT WONT BE LONG NOW the countdown has started
hurn

Next

Return to Children