Stopped by a cop in a van

Discuss all of your private conveyance issues here. DVLA, Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs), MOT, Tax, Insurance, Wheelclampers and any other related topics.

Stopped by a cop in a van

Postby BLASTAWAYCAS » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Okay I was off to pick up a family member from work, there was a 10 mile drive to pick him up, as I took a slip road onto a local dual carriage way, it was totally choked with traffic, so instead of adding to the crush I turned up a smaller slip road to rejoin the road I was just on, it meant I travelled 50 yds on a one way road. I was about 1/2 a mile from the slip road when a Cleveland Police van declared an emergency and blared his lights and sirens, wildly gesticulating for me to stop.
I stopped and the cop before he said anything I asked him what the emergency was, you he replied he then asked me to sit in his van while he ran a pnc check, he asked me if I knew why I was pulled I said no he then said I am booking you for driving without due care and attention did I understand ...no I did not understand and, he said he wanted to interview me at the police station, so I am going on Tuesday 5th November at 2.00 should be interesting.........any advice please people
BLASTAWAYCAS

Re: Stopped by a cop in a van

Postby Dreadlock » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:44 pm

If it was me I wouldn't go. If I was forcibly detained I wouldn't say anything. Anything you say can and will be used against you. Nothing you say can benefit you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
Dreadlock

Postby BLASTAWAYCAS » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks Dreadlock, for your reply. Truth is I don't even know the name or number of this cop, I have had no phone call to verify if the cop is wanting to interview me as he said he would, but I will go and if the front desk know nothing then I will ask for the desk operators name as witness that I turned up.............if he is there I will ask him if I am under arrest, if not am I free to go, I will let you know the outcome, the video you posted DL was top of the pops :clap:
BLASTAWAYCAS

Postby Freeman Stephen » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:31 pm

The chief constable is vicariously liable for the actions of his employees during working hours.
Freeman Stephen

Return to Motoring issues