Fighting a parking charge notice

Discuss all of your private conveyance issues here. DVLA, Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs), MOT, Tax, Insurance, Wheelclampers and any other related topics.

Fighting a parking charge notice

Postby chrisradioman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:04 am

Hi all recently, while conducting my job I parked on a pavement outside the shop I was working on, the pavement is very wide. the shp is next to an entrance lane used by the whole street for delivery's etc.
Because of the nature of my job I need the vehicle close by because I am back & fore for tools etc. Anyway the job was easier than I thought & I was back a few minutes latter. Upon my return to my vehicle I saw 2 police officers next to my vehicle. I said I've finished now so I'm off & they insisted on giving me a ticket. They claimed I was obstructing the pavement, the pavement was easily wide enough for people & push chairs to pass even in double file. They pulled they're large riot van on the road between the buildings blocking the road & the pavement, to pass this van you would need to step out onto the road. I pointed out that they are blocking the highway more than I was & what gives them any more rights than me? We ended up arguing & I got a ticket anyway.
I returned the ticket to Pontypridd (the issuing head quarters) I wrote on the front of the ticket "No Contract". They sent it back to me stating that I'd forgotten to enclose payment, I wrote on the envelope No contract return to sender. They then wrote to me expaining that its the law & I have to pay, I sent back the following:-

In care of:
Penllergaer
Swansea
Near: [*** ***]
July 26th, 2011

Re: ***/***/***/********, dated 05 07 2011.
Notice of Discharge of Outstanding Fixed Penalty Charge and Request for Clarification.

South Wales Police
Central Ticketing Office
P.O.Box 94,

Dear Sirs,

Please read the following notice thoroughly and carefully before responding. It is a notice. It informs you. It means what it says.

The reason why you need to read carefully is simple. I am offering conditional agreement. This removes controversy, and means that you no longer have any ultimate recourse to a court of law in this matter, because there is no controversy upon which it could adjudicate. You always have the option of dragging these conditions into a court of law only to be told that they are, indeed, perfectly lawful. That is, of course, always your prerogative should you decide to waste your time.

For this reason it is important that you consider and respond to the offer in substance. The 'nearest official form' will not suffice, and consequently is likely to be ignored by myself without any dishonour on my part.

On the other hand there is a time-limit on the agreement being offered. It is reasonable, and if it runs out then you and all associated parties are in default, removing any and all lawful excuse on your part for proceeding in this matter.

For these reasons it is recommended that you carefully consider this notice and respond in substance, which means actually addressing the points raised herein.

You have apparently made allegations of misconduct against me.

You have apparently made demands upon me.

I do not understand those apparent demands and therefore cannot lawfully fulfil them. I seek clarification of your document so that I may act according to the law and maintain my entire body of inalienable Natural Rights.

Failure to accept this offer to clarify and to do so completely and in good faith within 7 (seven) days will be deemed by all parties to mean you and your principal or other parties abandon all demands upon me.

I conditionally accept your offer to agree that I am legal fiction 'person' Christopher Jones and that I owe £60 for services rendered by your company, upon proof of claim of all of the following:

1. Upon proof of claim that I am a person, and not a human being.

2. Upon proof of claim that you know what a 'person' actually is, in legal terms.

3. Upon proof of claim that you know the difference between a 'human being' and a 'person', legally speaking.

4. Upon proof of claim that you know the difference between 'legal' and a 'lawful'.

5. Upon proof of claim that I am legal fiction 'person' Christopher Jones, being the entity to which your paperwork was addressed, and not Christopher: of the Jones family, as commonly called.

6. Upon proof of claim that the charge was the result of a lawful investigation unmarred by prejudice.

7. Upon proof of claim that I am a member of the society whose statutes and subsisting regulations you are enforcing.

8. Upon proof of claim that I showed you some sort of identification.

9 Upon proof of claim that there is a nameable society that I belong to and that the laws covered within any alleged transgressions state that they apply to me within that named society.

Sincerely and without ill will, vexation or frivolity,

Christopher: of the ***** family
Without any admission of any liability whatsoever, and with all Natural, Inalienable, Rights reserved.
Please address all future correspondence in the matter to a direct Human Self, namely Christopher: of the Jones family, as commonly called.

Encl: Original paperwork as received.

I don't know what to do next any help would be appreciated.
chrisradioman

Re: Fighting a parking charge notice

Postby MikeThomas » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:07 pm

Ah! Pontypridd Police! I've been there many times and on each occasion I've noticed how they seem to do what they want. Outside their Police station is a lay-by. Until recently it was covered by double yellow lines but that never stopped them parking there...... right at the entrance to building where all traffic wardens had to pass to get to their work. And not one ticket. And now the yellow lines have been removed. No surprises there then!

I've seen them drive through pedestrianised streets and literally 'abandon' their vehicles. Equality beneath the law is paramount and mandatory.................. MY ARSE!
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby chrisradioman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:23 pm

MikeThomas wrote:Ah! Pontypridd Police! I've been there many times and on each occasion I've noticed how they seem to do what they want. Outside their Police station is a lay-by. Until recently it was covered by double yellow lines but that never stopped them parking there...... right at the entrance to building where all traffic wardens had to pass to get to their work. And not one ticket. And now the yellow lines have been removed. No surprises there then!

I've seen them drive through pedestrianised streets and literally 'abandon' their vehicles. Equality beneath the law is paramount and mandatory.................. MY ARSE!

I agree 1 law for them & another for us the law (statute law) is an arse.
Where about are you from Mike?
chrisradioman

Postby boo boo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:53 pm

chrisradioman wrote:Hi all recently, while conducting my job I parked on a pavement outside the shop I was working on, the pavement is very wide. the shp is next to an entrance lane used by the whole street for delivery's etc.
Because of the nature of my job I need the vehicle close by because I am back & fore for tools etc. Anyway the job was easier than I thought & I was back a few minutes latter. Upon my return to my vehicle I saw 2 police officers next to my vehicle. I said I've finished now so I'm off & they insisted on giving me a ticket. They claimed I was obstructing the pavement, the pavement was easily wide enough for people & push chairs to pass even in double file. They pulled they're large riot van on the road between the buildings blocking the road & the pavement, to pass this van you would need to step out onto the road. I pointed out that they are blocking the highway more than I was & what gives them any more rights than me? We ended up arguing & I got a ticket anyway.
I returned the ticket to Pontypridd (the issuing head quarters) I wrote on the front of the ticket "No Contract". They sent it back to me stating that I'd forgotten to enclose payment, I wrote on the envelope No contract return to sender. They then wrote to me expaining that its the law & I have to pay, I sent back the following:-

In care of:

Penllergaer
Swansea
Near: [*** ***]
July 26th, 2011

Re: ***/***/***/********, dated 05 07 2011.
Notice of Discharge of Outstanding Fixed Penalty Charge and Request for Clarification.

South Wales Police
Central Ticketing Office
P.O.Box 94,

Dear Sirs,

Please read the following notice thoroughly and carefully before responding. It is a notice. It informs you. It means what it says.

The reason why you need to read carefully is simple. I am offering conditional agreement. This removes controversy, and means that you no longer have any ultimate recourse to a court of law in this matter, because there is no controversy upon which it could adjudicate. You always have the option of dragging these conditions into a court of law only to be told that they are, indeed, perfectly lawful. That is, of course, always your prerogative should you decide to waste your time.

For this reason it is important that you consider and respond to the offer in substance. The 'nearest official form' will not suffice, and consequently is likely to be ignored by myself without any dishonour on my part.

On the other hand there is a time-limit on the agreement being offered. It is reasonable, and if it runs out then you and all associated parties are in default, removing any and all lawful excuse on your part for proceeding in this matter.

For these reasons it is recommended that you carefully consider this notice and respond in substance, which means actually addressing the points raised herein.

You have apparently made allegations of misconduct against me.

You have apparently made demands upon me.

I do not understand those apparent demands and therefore cannot lawfully fulfil them. I seek clarification of your document so that I may act according to the law and maintain my entire body of inalienable Natural Rights.

Failure to accept this offer to clarify and to do so completely and in good faith within 7 (seven) days will be deemed by all parties to mean you and your principal or other parties abandon all demands upon me.

I conditionally accept your offer to agree that I am legal fiction 'person' Christopher Jones and that I owe £60 for services rendered by your company, upon proof of claim of all of the following:

1. Upon proof of claim that I am a person, and not a human being.

2. Upon proof of claim that you know what a 'person' actually is, in legal terms.

3. Upon proof of claim that you know the difference between a 'human being' and a 'person', legally speaking.

4. Upon proof of claim that you know the difference between 'legal' and a 'lawful'.

5. Upon proof of claim that I am legal fiction 'person' Christopher Jones, being the entity to which your paperwork was addressed, and not Christopher: of the Jones family, as commonly called.

6. Upon proof of claim that the charge was the result of a lawful investigation unmarred by prejudice.

7. Upon proof of claim that I am a member of the society whose statutes and subsisting regulations you are enforcing.

8. Upon proof of claim that I showed you some sort of identification.

9 Upon proof of claim that there is a nameable society that I belong to and that the laws covered within any alleged transgressions state that they apply to me within that named society.

Sincerely and without ill will, vexation or frivolity,

Christopher: of the ***** family
Without any admission of any liability whatsoever, and with all Natural, Inalienable, Rights reserved.
Please address all future correspondence in the matter to a direct Human Self, namely Christopher: of the Jones family, as commonly called.

Encl: Original paperwork as received.

I don't know what to do next any help would be appreciated.

Dont bother with the letter,

Go to court and get them to prove that A, It was actually an obstruction,

and B that the obstruction was intentional,

Simples!!!!!!!!!!
boo boo

Postby frogmanbrabs » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi Christopher
I'm in a similar situation at the moment only I received a speeding ticket from a camera.I went to court and produced evidence to prove that the road was not correctly signed according to the road traffic act but was still found guilty and fined a total of £140 but allowed to pay £5/week due to my circumstances. I refused to pay and 2 days later I received a notice of charges but they had used another reg number so I sent the same letter that you sent. I posted it registered post on the 21st July and heard nothing until the 10th August well outside the time limit allowed. They confirmed receipt of my letter but failed to answer any of the questions. In short they have dishonoured themselves and my next course of action will be to reply telling them that They have failed to respond within the given time and also failed to answer my questions therefore they are in dishonour and I am claiming Permanent and irrevocable lawful estoppel by acquiescence. Any further correspondence will be charged at £500 / letter. I'll keep you informed of what happens next.
An Open Mind can take you on a journey to anywhere.
frogmanbrabs

Postby frogmanbrabs » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Oh and before anyone says why did you go to court etc, I wasn't aware of my rights until later on the evening after the court case. Had I been aware I would have sorted this out differently, but I know for future now what I will do. Thanks to Veronica of the Chapman family and other fellow Free Men (and women) On the Land.
frogmanbrabs

Postby chrisradioman » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi, guys, thanks for the reply's. I'll have to alter my settings as I didn't realise that I had any.
It looks like this case has been dropped as I've not heard anything for a while.
In the mean time my brother has had one & which we are currently fighting. Its with Swansea City Council, once my PC is fixed I'll scan up the letters for the full story. :police:
chrisradioman

Postby chrisradioman » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:25 pm

frogmanbrabs wrote:Hi Christopher
I'm in a similar situation at the moment only I received a speeding ticket from a camera.I went to court and produced evidence to prove that the road was not correctly signed according to the road traffic act but was still found guilty and fined a total of £140 but allowed to pay £5/week due to my circumstances. I refused to pay and 2 days later I received a notice of charges but they had used another reg number so I sent the same letter that you sent. I posted it registered post on the 21st July and heard nothing until the 10th August well outside the time limit allowed. They confirmed receipt of my letter but failed to answer any of the questions. In short they have dishonoured themselves and my next course of action will be to reply telling them that They have failed to respond within the given time and also failed to answer my questions therefore they are in dishonour and I am claiming Permanent and irrevocable lawful estoppel by acquiescence. Any further correspondence will be charged at £500 / letter. I'll keep you informed of what happens next.

I think I'll try the estoppel by acquiescence route with Swansea Council. :police:
chrisradioman

Postby frogmanbrabs » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:42 am

Just to let you know I heard nothing more from the court about the £140 fine and although they have written on my driving licence that I have 3 penalty points That doesn't matter because I don't need a licence. Merry 25th December
frogmanbrabs

Return to Motoring issues