dvla mailbox policy

Discuss all of your private conveyance issues here. DVLA, Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs), MOT, Tax, Insurance, Wheelclampers and any other related topics.

dvla mailbox policy

Postby Freeman Stephen » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:47 am

there was a fire here in december that destroyed most of my stuff and this included the driving licence document "OWNED BY THE SECRETARY OF STATE".

the job i was in fell through by its own circumstance but to get another job in my profession i would need a duplicate of the destroyed licence.

i APPLIED to the dvla giving them a mailbox address which they rejected on the presumption i was guilty of fraud (an internal policy of the dvla makes this presumption of everyone using a mailbox). i then furnished them with my true address which they rejected first that it wasnt a uk address, then falsely that it wasnt a permanent address but presumably the true reason is that true addresses dont fit their forms.

what they want is a street name, number and postcode where i reside. they may as well ask me to make a fairy appear from thin air because i dont have an address like that but the secretary of state still has an obligation to provide me with a duplicate under uk regulations - the dvla are his agents in this matter.

the mailbox policy means that its impossible for anyone without a street and number type address to maintain a relationship with the dvla including registration/taxation/sorn of vehicles as well as the exercise of uk granted rights to drive.

i have yesterday furnished the dvla with a third address which meets their policy stating clearly i dont live there and presenting permission from the house holder for the dvla to use the address. it continues to protest the policy stating that copies of the letter will be sent to others including the secofstate for fear that it be construed that i do not live at my true address.there was a fire here in december that destroyed most of my stuff and this included the driving licence document "OWNED BY THE SECRETARY OF STATE".

the job i was in fell through by its own circumstance but to get another job in my profession i would need a duplicate of the destroyed licence.

i APPLIED to the dvla giving them a mailbox address which they rejected on the presumption i was guilty of fraud (an internal policy of the dvla makes this presumption of everyone using a mailbox). i then furnished them with my true address which they rejected first that it wasnt a uk address, then falsely that it wasnt a permanent address but presumably the true reason is that true addresses dont fit their forms.

what they want is a street name, number and postcode where i reside. they may as well ask me to make a fairy appear from thin air because i dont have an address like that but the secretary of state still has an obligation to provide me with a duplicate under uk regulations - the dvla are his agents in this matter.

the mailbox policy means that its impossible for anyone without a street and number type address to maintain a relationship with the dvla including registration/taxation/sorn of vehicles as well as the exercise of uk granted rights to drive.

i have yesterday furnished the dvla with a third address which meets their policy stating clearly i dont live there and presenting permission from the house holder for the dvla to use the address. it continues to protest the policy stating that copies of the letter will be sent to others including the secofstate for fear that it be construed that i do not live at my true address.
Freeman Stephen

Re: dvla mailbox policy

Postby huntingross » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:54 am

FS, you most likely have a post code for the area where you are.....our field is in an area under one code, as you know we have now resigned from that system, but the code still exists.

I don't think the local postie gives much attention to this info....we once got a letter "the field, roslin glen".....respect.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Freeman Stephen » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:29 am

the postie would need wellies to deliver here. its about half a mile on foot from the nearest road and about 3 or 4 hundred yards of that through difficult terrain for someone unfamiliar with the way. besides, i feel like im taking advantage of a benefit of the state to reference a uk postal address and since im trying to minimise applications to the state to the point of eventually having none im not asking the royal mail to deliver here. if the dvla want to do this then ive told them i dont withold my permission for them to apply to the royal mail. i make no claim gartbeth is part of the uk and thus if the rm choose to deliver here it will not be because of anything im claiming. ideally i want a treaty for any services the uk wishes eo provide here but this would mean specifically declaring that gartbeth is not part of the uk - which in a de facto sense it is not but the de jure proclamation will likely cause an uproar which id rather avoid while im dependent as an individual on things like commerce with the uk by way of a permission from the uk to work there. i need more resources at gartbeth, better security and fellow residents to begin a senate as independence is declared. the rm choose to deliver here it will not be because of anything im claiming. ideally i want a treaty for any services the uk wishes eo provide here but this would mean specifically declaring that gartbeth is not part of the uk - which in a de facto sense it is not but the de jure proclamation will likely cause an uproar which id rather avoid while im dependent as an individual on things like commerce with the uk by way of a permission from the uk to work there. i need more resources at gartbeth, better security and fellow residents to begin a senate as independence is declared.
Freeman Stephen

Postby cammie » Fri May 20, 2016 9:06 am

Have you changed your address at the time of applying for duplicate license? If changed then even for applying duplicate license you have to give proof. I also lost my driving license two weeks back and when applying for duplicate license I also want to change my address on it. On inquiring from DVLA Customer Services they told me to submit below mentioned documents:-

-You will have to provide the addresses of where you have lived for the past 3 years.
-You should have a valid U.K passport.
-Have your National Insurance number.
-Not been disqualified from driving.
-You should be a resident of Great Britain.
-You should have your driving licence.

If you are not satisfied with the reply you can visit here http://qwikfix.co.uk/dvla-contact/ and you can find different reviews submitted by the DVLA services user.
cammie

Return to Motoring issues