DVLA can Deregister your vehicle

Discuss all of your private conveyance issues here. DVLA, Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs), MOT, Tax, Insurance, Wheelclampers and any other related topics.

Re: DVLA can Deregister your vehicle

Postby jonboy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:12 pm

To keep this thread up to date:

In June, I bought a car off Ebay. I went to the sellers house and filled out the V5 with a fictitous name, and had it sent to a block of bedsits with a shared entrance. I drove the car home and kept it in the garage for a couple of weeks. Once the v5 arrived, I filled out the permanent export section, thus removing it from the database and jurisdiction of the DVLA and British Police. I sent off for some replica foreign plates from licenceplates.tv and fitted a rear sun blind which obscures the fact that it is right hand drive from behind. It was a great joy screwing up the tax disc and tossing into the wood burner! :clap:

I have covered 2600 miles in her at present, been followed by the old bill, and travelled up and down the country in her. Even in the unlikely event of being pulled, and the copper running a search on the VIN, the car would come up as exported on the system, tying in with the foreign plates.

"is this car yours"
"no"
Who's is it?"
"My flatmates"
"where does he live"
"Sweden"
"oh" :police:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby Yiannis » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:17 am

Nice..
Yiannis

Postby enegiss » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:10 pm

:giggle: good stuff jb
if you wish to create a favourable History, then you have to start now.
enegiss

Previous

Return to Motoring issues