DVLA can Deregister your vehicle

Discuss all of your private conveyance issues here. DVLA, Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs), MOT, Tax, Insurance, Wheelclampers and any other related topics.

DVLA can Deregister your vehicle

Postby turbine » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:25 pm

Have a read of this, copied from a vehicle forum, the link at the bottom explains the rules

As from 9 June 2009 DVLA have implemented a new system for reporting Illegally displayed VRNS (vehicle registration numbers).
Prior to that the Cop who pulled you over had a number of methods of disposal, ranging from doing nothing, through to Fixed Penalties and Defect Rectification Notices.

There was also a very long and complicated system where if the cop took a picture of the VRN then posted it with a long form to the DVLA they would perhaps if the wind was blowing the right way on a wet Tuesday maybe write to the keeper and tell them off.

NO LONGER

The DVLA have realised that most ops Traffic included won’t issue fixed penalties or spend hours filling in forms and have brought in the following system.
On receipt of a now A4 size form (miniscule in the Police world of forms) and a copy of the photograph of the offending VRN the DVLA will now write to the registered keeper and give them 28 days to correct the defect AND then provide them (DVLA) photographic evidence of this. On the 29th day they will automatically DEREGISTER your vehicle, if you do provide such proof you will get a letter back saying thank you if it happens again we will deregister the vehicle without warning.

Now having your vehicle deregistered is a real pain it means a day off to the local DVLA office to re register it, getting your tax, mot and insurance changed to your new allocated number cos you won’t get your old one back (remember you don’t own your plate, just the rights to display it legally) if it cost thousands it’s a bugger they will just auction it off again.

You can’t drive the car in this time mind you.

Now the bit which will make it a success for them is the vehicle does not have to be stopped for this photo to be taken it can be a CCTV or ANPR camera still image.

Attached is the link to the DVLA regulations for VRNs

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leaflets/v796.pdf

Be aware in this legislation if the owner is claiming an exemption i.e. pre 01092001 the onus is on the keeper to prove that the plate was manufactured before that not the other way round, this is because plates are considered consumable items and likely to frequent change.

This is not a change in the law or a change in enforcement policy by the Police it’s just a procedural change by the DVLA
turbine

Re: DVLA can Deregister your vehicle

Postby jonboy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:28 pm

Wonderful!!! Deregister mine with pleasure DVLA!! :cheer: :cheer:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby turbine » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:33 pm

Does DVLA realise by dergistering they may be not be the owners any more? giving up ownership to it? they may have made a bobo with this without thinking it through

Steve
turbine

Postby jonboy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:35 pm

A booboo that we can all reap the rewards from. :sun:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby huntingross » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:37 pm

The law of unintended consequence leads in strange directions.

Its like the scotts abolished the feudal system, making all land allodial....they were saved from mass lawful non payment of all land and property taxes by a few things....probably virtually anyone who could have benefitted from this wouldn't have known and the remainder probably have secured debts against their property....scottish government breathes a sigh of relief.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby jobsaboba » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:25 am

turbine wrote:Does DVLA realise by dergistering they may be not be the owners any more? giving up ownership to it? they may have made a bobo with this without thinking it through

Steve

DIVVY LA were never the owners, the owners are the manufacturers who havent paid the banksters back and never will !
You are the registered KEEPER of the goods, DIVVY LA are simply a statue based branch part of UKPLC set up to make revenue !

In effect you are driving round in a company car !

EVERYTHING YOU THINK YOU OWN , BELONGS TO UKPLC.
THIS COUNTRY IS BANKRUPT
THE BANKSTERS OWN YOU !!!

Jobs
I am not wise......I am otherwise !

its not my banking system... and i dont take credit for it !!
jobsaboba

Postby fredqwerty » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:52 pm

Am I missing something?
"Offenders are liable to a MAXIMUM FINE of £1,000 and in some cases the mark may be withdrawn."
Withdrawing use of their mark does not suggest to me that they are relinquishing registration; merely one of the 'benefits' of it.
fredqwerty

Postby daveedraagon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:11 pm

me thinks they would only withdraw the number plate if it's worth twenty grand for some knob to put on his roller???
daveedraagon

Postby vibratingenergy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:13 am

A. I've been thinking about buying a car that is registered here in Spain and driving back to Britain in January to sell, which I thought would be a solution to the DVLA debacle until further study but a friend who's been a mechanic for years tells me today.

"If you send DVLA the purple slip of the V5C (notification of permanent export V5C/4) for any UK registered vehicle, the vehicle will be de-registered, and will no longer exist on DVLA's records even though it has a UK reg. I know this because DVLA would not supply a new V5C reg document to a client of mine who bought an Audi a month ago. He sent the old V5C to Swansea to get a new reg doc in his name. They said that the vehicle had been declared 'permanently exported' and therefore 'so far as they were concerned' did not exist and they declined his request for a new document unless he re-imported it."

Thought's Please anybody :grin:

love ya

VE
“I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I was man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?” - Jalal al-Din Rumi
vibratingenergy

Postby emmanualgoldstein » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:41 am

Maybe you could investigate this thing more than anyone - how do they organise the vehicle IMPORT.

When you fill out the permanent export bit, it says something about that alone not generating the export certificate. I was wondering if its possible to export the car into freemanland, and if the water gets too rough or you want to sell it, then re-import it back. Do they need to see transit documents or what? What do they need to do an import?
emmanualgoldstein

Next

Return to Motoring issues