Advice needed, fined for driving without inusrance ??

Discuss all of your private conveyance issues here. DVLA, Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs), MOT, Tax, Insurance, Wheelclampers and any other related topics.

Advice needed, fined for driving without inusrance ??

Postby rustinj » Fri May 02, 2014 8:53 am

Ok, i got pulled over for driving without insurance, yeah i know, dumb thing for me to have done

I sat in the police drivers car and signed the ticket he gave me, he said i will get a letter in the post with a £300 fine and 6 points on my licence, i have 28 days to pay it or be summoned to court

I am out of work and cant afford to pay the £300 in one go....it says there arent options to pay in installments

If i let it go to magistrates court it might make it even worse and i could get fined more.

Is there anything i can say in court, any loopholes i can use to get off the points being added and more importantly the £300 fine ???
rustinj

Re: Advice needed, fined for driving without inusrance ??

Postby squark » Sat May 03, 2014 11:06 am

The United Kingdom is a fiction in law.
What evidence does the prosecutor rely on to prove that at the time of the complaint you were:
1) Within the UK, rather that upon the British Isles
2) Driving not travelling as of right
3) That you you do not have a Right of Way(the highway), and also the right to enjoy modern technology(the car).

The complaint is made by the local Chief Police Officer, he has no first hand evidence of anything, he relies on the statements of his PCs. You need to pull apart the PCs credibility. Get him on the stand and ask, what is the UK, can you tell me what a Right of Way is, define Vehicle, what evidence did he use to determine the applicability to you of the statute/act he replied on.
And the Lord spake unto his people, he said "Get Off MY Bloody Land!"
And the people gave unto the Lord, freely they gave him The Finger
squark

Postby squark » Sat May 03, 2014 11:11 am

If you ask those questions by post, before , remind them a couple of times if they don't answer, when you do get to court, mention....I wrote with these questions, why did you not reply....

IN FACT send Conditional Acceptance of Fixed Penalty, tell them to prove the stuff I mentioned and you will be happy to pay. Then If they take you to court before they answer you can say they have been non-responsive, and they have creating controversy where there was none, dragged you to court, and are wasting you time and the courts time rather than providing their proof for you.

Good Luck
squark

Postby rustinj » Sun May 04, 2014 11:17 pm

hmmm, im probably gonna make things work, if i knew more about the law id probably have a go, instead id prpbably end up getting tripped up in court

i may have to let it go to court though so i can maybe get tp pay the fine in instalments
rustinj

Postby squark » Tue May 06, 2014 11:37 am

Positive Mental Attitude.

So you want time to pay?
Send them an offer of that, they don't have the facilities to do it, they need the court to set up an account!
Send them an offer, offer to save them money by paying less (£50?) now, avoiding the cost of court.
Then again you get to pay their costs so why should they care.

Attach conditions to your offer of £10, say if they don't say no in writing within 10 days you will take it as acceptance
squark

Postby rustinj » Tue May 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Do you mean write to the police central ticket office ? they are not going to acept a £50 offer are they !! ?
rustinj

Postby squark » Thu May 08, 2014 7:51 pm

rustinj wrote:Do you mean write to the police central ticket office ? they are not going to acept a £50 offer are they !! ?

I don't know , neither do you, they probably don't either. I doubt they have ever been asked. Ask! Make the offer.
Isn't the point to be a nuisance until they let us go? I don't mean be a nuisance I mean request clarification whenever there is doubt, ask the question whenever you get the chance? If there's a computer that can help, ask for a human. I don't understand any of their forms, I need help at every step.

It will take them 4days to realise their tick box system does not have the right tick boxes. They will have to escalate to ministerial level to get a response. The point is do something!! Ask for clarification as to what contract they are enforcing on? They have to answer, before they can proceed, its only reasonable that you may ask what contract have I broken. An ACT or STATUTE? What evidence do they have that the ACT/STATUTE applies to you?
They have real trouble answering that. You're a newbie? You have them in trouble already!!! They will turn to the magistrate for help, or the clerk of court, they are not allowed to help. Insist that they have to prove every element of their case. Prove the act applies.

You can't offer to settle as well as challenge the contract. Its one or the other.
squark

Return to Motoring issues