Divorce, freeman style...

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

Divorce, freeman style...

Postby Travels » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi folks, been years since my last post, hope you're all well..! I need some help, or rather my sister does..she got married October 2009 and has since split up with her partner, and they are now looking to divorce...it's fairly amicable as far as I know, and there is no dispute regarding anything financial. Only trouble is the cost of proceedings, which she could obviously do without! My understanding is that the marriage contract has nothing to do with the state, and is only between my sis and her ex, so if they both delivered affidavits of single status to the registry that would supersede any other process, but am I on the right track here? any thoughts would be most appreciated...cheers, smilie face
Hatreds never cease by hatreds in this world. By love alone they cease. This is Ancient Law.
- Dhammapada
Travels

Re: Divorce, freeman style...

Postby MikeThomas » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:16 am

Apply to the local court for DIY Divorce pack. It's ideal for your sisters situation whereby parties 'agree' to the divorce, but unfortunately the State is also a partner in the marriage and you need their permission to end the marriage.
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby Travels » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Sorry for late reply...and thank you for the response..! My research of the last few days concurs with what you say about the 3rd party, but wasn't aware of the pack, so thanks again :)
Hatreds never cease by hatreds in this world. By love alone they cease. This is Ancient Law.
- Dhammapada
Travels

Postby anby » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:39 am

I have gone pregnant with the thought of divorce many times, so thanks for asking the question.

The purpose therewith is absolutely not to make an end to our loving relationship, but to make an end to an unlawful contract with this third party involved.

So after going pregnant again reading up and down these forums, what I see is the legal fiction persons being married with this third party involved, yet the reasonably-moral being* is free when it says it is free. And it is married with whom it mutually agrees to be married to.

So please tell me, what has been your story so far and what do you think of this?

Sidenote:
* How do you cite 'reasonably-moral being' from an Engilsh law dictionary? In German Legalese we say 'geistig-sittliches Wesen' as opposed to legal fiction person; both deriving from a human entity.
anby

Return to Help Wanted