HELP -Summons after series of DebtBust letters - What to do?

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

HELP -Summons after series of DebtBust letters - What to do?

Postby GeeZee » Sat May 25, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi all,

I have used DebtBust get rid of a couple debt collectors of my back. One (on behalf of Barclays) closed the account of £800 something with an immediate affect. The other one... by what I understand SIGMA SPV1 has bought T-mobile debts(£1055). First I had Transcom threatening me, then after DebtBust letters they gave up and I soon started receiving letters from HL Solicitors. Same as Transcom they never replied to any of the notices. I have just a week ago sent a Final Notice to them. Yesterday I found out that I have received a court summons by SIGMA. I have not seen the letter yet. It has gone to my old address at my friends house. I have been using her address as I have been away fom the country and have not had a permanent place for good 3 years. My friend is very irritated with all this as she does not understand what I'm doing and thinks I am involving her in some dodgy crap by usng her address. I've asked her to mark all letters 'not at this address' and send them back as I have given everyone my new one. This is one detail that I think might be important - I have given my new address in all my corresponcence, but they keep sending it to the old one. What do I do? Do I pretend I never got it? I feel I would get more in trouble by avoiding. I don't feel they are right by summoning me to court for not paying, when I have never said I will not pay. All I did according to the letters is ask for proof which they chose to ignore. Is the next step a rebuttal or a counterclaim? I have no idea what is the best thing to do. I don't think I stand a chance at court. I am on my own and have not yet met any freemen and I have no experience at courts whatsoever.
Please help..

:puzz: Agne
GeeZee

Re: HELP -Summons after series of DebtBust letters - What to do?

Postby Mog » Wed May 29, 2013 9:20 am

Have you seen the summons yet ?
In my experience if you ask for proof of claim and none is forthcoming, then move to estoppel, you usually here no more from them :cheer: :cheer:
If on the other hand you just ignore them, they take the claim to the county court (no need to attend) where a CCJ is issued, this is not something that has to be paid it just effects your credit rating (this is a good thing as the credit rating is used to gain power over you) :cheer: :cheer:
So not paying is a win win option :cheer: :cheer:
"If you have ten thousand regulations, you destroy all respect for the law. "

Winston Churchill
Mog

Postby GeeZee » Wed May 29, 2013 10:48 am

Hey Mog,

I should see the letter later today if the post doesn't fail and I will type it out here.
There is a template on this site to rebut summons, but I'm not too sure how relevant it is in my case.. I think I should be sending something along the lines of: 'this claim (that I refuse to pay or whatever) is invalid as I have not refused, but tried to communicate with the company to establish the situation bla bla... see copies of correspondence including proof of delivery enclosed' I would need help wording it I think. I am not sure about going down 'i am not the legal person' road... I have replied to the debt geezers so can I just turn around and say 'I am not MS Xxxxxx Xxxxx'? (the letters have my name in upper/lower without titles, no signatures). O can I still do that?
I may be asking too many questions, but I am trying to get some consistency of what I am actually trying to achieve with this...
I am not too bothered about my credit rating... it's not a pretty picture now. but I would not like to have any CCJ's on there as I do not own property and need to rent. It's already hard as it is now unless you rent a room somewhere where you have no rights whatsoever and you can be thrown out (talking from experience).
Anyway, i will get back with letter context later. Thank you for any ray of light!
P.S. Churchill is the daddy :)
Ag x
GeeZee

Postby GeeZee » Fri May 31, 2013 12:00 pm

Hello again!
I've only just received the letter and it's a claim form that they are expecting me to fill out and return. I suppose I can send them the template letter from this website to the Northampton court???? :puzz:
I also received a letter from HL Solicitors (again to the old address) which I wasn't aware of. It has Statements for T-mobile attached. It reads:

Dear Madam

Our Client: Signa SPV1 Limited
Agreement No: xxx
Amount outstanding: £1055

Please find enclosed a copy of your final bill relating to the above overdue account.

We trust this clarifies matters and request that you contact Collections Team within 7 days of the date of this letter to discuss your repayment options on 0152xxxxx.

Letter was dated 15th of May and again sent to old address what gave me no chance to respond to them. Please please advice me if it's ok to send a letter saying that the bills are insufficient proof. I know I am over they ridiculous 7 days limit. But should I say that this is due to them being 'thick' basically and not sending it to the right address.

Any suggestions? :yawn:
GeeZee

Postby Prajna » Fri May 31, 2013 12:25 pm

Yeah, ignore the fuck out of them and when they take precipitous action, which they are bound to, sue the fuck out of them for being dicks. Simples.
FREEDOM Best Before: 11 Sept 2001
http://tomboy-pink.co.uk/ and http://DeclarePeace.org.uk/
Prajna

Postby GeeZee » Fri May 31, 2013 12:49 pm

If the end result is suing them... then is it not better doing a counterclaim straight away for harassment? :blush:
GeeZee

Postby GeeZee » Fri May 31, 2013 2:08 pm

I am playing with this template and going by it - this 'Claim Form' is not an actual summons is it? It does not have a date to attend. Just to fill these forms. Or does this count as summons? I am sorry if I sound like I don't have a clue! That's because I don't! I've never seen anything like this. I wouldn't mind e-mailing these pieces of paper to someone if that someone could explain to me what to take of it. :puzz:
GeeZee

Return to Help Wanted