Help Please

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

Help Please

Postby Lucid Fledgling » Tue May 12, 2009 3:57 pm

Stupidly last week after a total of 7 years without a liscense i was caught off guard by an agent who rang my bell and i answered it.
I never answer my intercom.
He came up because i was stupid enough to let him into the building. This was before i found this site.
Now he has all my details which i gave him :d'oh :cry:
They have my banks details and the first payment is to go out on the 15th of this month. I have logged on to my bank to find the standing order but i dont think it has been processed as yet.

Where do i stand and can i stop paying by cancelling the standing order once it goes through.

I did try to tell the agent that i did not consent to him reading me my rights but alas i didnt know what i know now so he just looked at me like i was crazy and said there is nothing to consent to its just a yes or no answer!

I would let this go to court as i feel i could stand up for myself as it is the legal fiction they have the details of but any help and info on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Claire
If the psychic energies of the average mass of people watching a football game or a musical comedy could be diverted into the rational channels of a freedom movement, they would be invincible. Wilhelm Reich
Lucid Fledgling

Re: Help Please

Postby Veronica » Tue May 12, 2009 3:59 pm

What kinda licence? Don't tell me poxy TV?
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby Lucid Fledgling » Tue May 12, 2009 4:04 pm

yep poxy tv

I didnt own a bloody tv for 6 years then we got one a couple of months ago
If the psychic energies of the average mass of people watching a football game or a musical comedy could be diverted into the rational channels of a freedom movement, they would be invincible. Wilhelm Reich
Lucid Fledgling

Postby Veronica » Tue May 12, 2009 4:11 pm

And you put down your REAL name & address, didn't you?

Well, here's what I would do. You can choose what you would do.

I would check my Bank Account regularly. As soon as the Standing Order popped up I would cancel it.

I would then just sit back until they made their move.

As an when their letter arrived I would roll around the floor laughing, and I would use our Charge/Demand Template when I had finally wiped the tears of laughter out of my eyes.

That's what I would do.

(BTW: There is a move in Ireland to charge everyone who has a computer a TV Licence. I can't wait till they try that one on me in the UK ... which they will, of course. Actually they will be dead in the water by then, anyway. There are 100,000 cases of refusals to pay under the Consumer Credit Act outstanding. In the shit? Talk about up a gum tree without a paddle! They can't cope, so they are looking for 'test cases'. But, unfortunately for them, they won't be looking for the "I claim Common Law jurisdiction ... " cases ... so all their 'testing will amount to diddly-squat in the case of Freemen)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby Lucid Fledgling » Tue May 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Yes i did give him my real name and address. Would you believe he even asked for my bank card with which he could verify and take my details and I HAPPILY obliged?
I mustve needed my head examined! I was spitting mad when he left.
Thanks Veronica, when i have cancelled the standing order i shall wait to see what it is they are going to do.
So do i take it i am not to give anyone my REAL name on anything? But wouldnt that be fraud?
Lucid Fledgling

Postby Veronica » Tue May 12, 2009 4:32 pm

Lucid Fledgling wrote:So do i take it i am not to give anyone my REAL name on anything? But wouldnt that be fraud?

Well, they have no right to demand it, do they? Did you INTEND to enter into a Contract with them ... such that Full Disclosure would be necessary?

So they are committing the fraud (the deception) by making out they have to right to demand it in the first place.

Let them justify that before worrying about whether ot not you have the right to defend yourself by simply not telling a Fraudster the Truth.

You need to know about Contracts my little fledgling.
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby Lucid Fledgling » Tue May 12, 2009 4:51 pm

Ahhh i see. No and you are right. They are not privy to my details, my name included.

Thank you Veronica, i see and know there is tons to learn so i better get swotting!
Lucid Fledgling

Postby Veronica » Tue May 12, 2009 4:56 pm

Lucid Fledgling wrote:... so i better get swotting!

Swatting is better. Treat them like flies ... to swat.

BTW: I hope you read the last Post on that link ... the one I just added. I think it sums up your situation (and everyone else's) pretty well.
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby Lucid Fledgling » Tue May 12, 2009 5:07 pm

Hahahaha you are great!

Yes i did read it. Thank you lovie :grin:
Lucid Fledgling

Postby Veronica » Tue May 12, 2009 5:18 pm

You are welcome Lucid Fledgling!

Have fun with them. The only thing to note is that they are Organic Robots ... so there is no intellectual kudos to be gained.

Laugh ... by all means ... just don't feel superior. You might as well feel superior to a bowl of porridge.

You might end up receiving a Summons. You would need to know how to deal with that (it's not hard).

Furthermore you might - just might - also end up in court. You'd need to know how to deal with that as well (it takes bottle, but that's all. It's not hard, if you stand your ground. Mainly all you have to do is to remember: YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT ... and they ... however many there are of them ... ARE ALWAYS IN THE WRONG, NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Return to Help Wanted