Off The Grid Community

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

Off The Grid Community

Postby dmurphy25 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi all,

I am in the late planning stages of building a self sufficient, self contained house that would exist completely off the grid but I am looking for a stretch of land big enough to build a small community of such houses.

I was just wondering how many people might want to get involved and live in such a community?

Please reply to this post to give me some idea of the level of interest and then maybe I'll begin to post designs and progress updates etc.

Thanks,

Dave.
...one group of apes left the safety of the trees and stood upright in the tall savannah grass, some of these apes began to evolve, but most were hit by cars!
dmurphy25

Re: Off The Grid Community

Postby Freeman Stephen » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:35 pm

I've got land and it has no houses on it, the problem being that new dwellings seem to be enforced against by planning control. There are ways around having to beg the public servants for permission though. Right now I'm looking at tent like structures.
Freeman Stephen

Postby DanteLechunk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:52 pm

I'm very interested and am in the process of empowering myself, no land or assets but a jack of all trades with a fantastic memory and fantastic problem solving skilld, and good maths!

Like I said, I am gaining knowledge by the second so you may have to bear with me

Peace and blessings
Peace and unconditional love
DanteLechunk

Postby Freeman Stephen » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:03 am

I feel sorry for you poor peasants! :grin:

Not owning your own land! How quaint! :grin:

My land was handed down to me from generations of people. :giggle:

Free people on free land! Which is exactly how I acquired my vast estate. :sun:

PS I'm skint as well, always have been, and was a landless peasant until I discovered how the property developers were nabbing land for bugger all.

If no one else i being harmed by you taking a piece of unclaimed land, wheres the injustice. If you can back this up using the statutes, no one should come against you.
Freeman Stephen

Postby dmurphy25 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:57 am

It seems that finding unclaimed land in the first place is the trick :)

Im sure it's less of a problem up in Scotland but the property developers have been busy down here :(
...one group of apes left the safety of the trees and stood upright in the tall savannah grass, some of these apes began to evolve, but most were hit by cars!
dmurphy25

Postby Happydancer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi Dave,
I'd like to get involved with you guys and startup a new community.
keep us intouch with the progress and let me know how I can be of help.

Pete
Happydancer

Postby dmurphy25 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:37 am

Happydancer wrote:Hi Dave,
I'd like to get involved with you guys and startup a new community.
keep us intouch with the progress and let me know how I can be of help.

Pete

Hey Pete,

Thanks for your support, will definitely keep you in the loop :D

Dave.
dmurphy25

Postby MrFreeV » Tue May 04, 2010 10:56 pm

as said in my other posts am very much interested and would like to, as i'm sure you would too, to get this off the ground asap :hug:
am starting to loose my rag a bit :ouch:
Gaining momentum :cheer:
Love Is Free
:peace:
MrFreeV

Postby Zaniwhoop » Fri May 07, 2010 4:39 pm

I'm very interested in something along these lines too :grin:

Freeman Stephen wrote:I've got land and it has no houses on it, the problem being that new dwellings seem to be enforced against by planning control. There are ways around having to beg the public servants for permission though. Right now I'm looking at tent like structures.
How about selling the land and with the dosh buying some land in the Shetland Isles? I say this because of the success so far of not being challenged about planning permission etc., in Forvic. http://www.forvik.com/ Although I must say I'd prefer to live somewhere a little warmer :sun:
Shaw's principle.
"A government which robs Peter
to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul"

Sublato fundamento cadit opus The foundation being removed, the superstructure falls.
Zaniwhoop
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Freeman Stephen » Fri May 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Well forvick isnt being challenged because theres no one with a prior ranking title. Im hoping the same applies to the land Ive "aquired". The same principal of prescription applies to any interest in land, whether its udal as in the shetlands, real as in most stuff, or allodial and uninfeud as I believe must be the case with the land Ive got a hold of because the oldest maps record it as being unused for a very long time.
Freeman Stephen

Next

Return to Help Wanted