Help with contracts Please.

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

Help with contracts Please.

Postby kevin » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:24 pm

i'm sure i'll never get anyone to sign one but i would like your help drawing up a "request for time/help contract" and a "request for signature" contract.

So. Based on the idea that if another Electrician or anyone else who isn't a friend of mine requests my help in completing their job i get paid by them for my time. when the police stop me for the next "routine check" i would like to hand them a "request for help" contract as i'm helping them complete their job, it's only fair i get paid for my very valuable time.

plus a "request for signature" contract, why should i give away my signature, my name is precious to me and worth them asking me for it, i should be paid to provide it so their forms are complete, it's something they are requesting from me.

something like..........but legally binding in contract

i agree to pay on behalf of (insert police authority) the sum of £50 per 10 minutes or part there of in request of assistance with police business to (my name)

Signature.......................... Date..............................
Officer number................................... Time of stop....................
Station............................... end time of stop...................

I agree to pay on behalf of (insert police authority) the sum of £200 in receipt of the signature of (my name)

Signature.................. Date..........................
officer number..................
station...................
kevin

Re: Help with contracts Please.

Postby Veronica » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:56 pm

Sorry ... I've only just got to this one.

This is an interesting idea.

It needs some fleshing out, to point out that, unless you have been observed, or there is reason to suspect, a breach of Common Law, then you have every right to charge for your time.

Something like this:

I, ____________________, as commonly called, remain a sovereign Human Being at all times, and claim Common Law as the sole jurisdiction under which I enact my lawful business.

This being the case, unless I have been observed breaching the peace, causing harm or loss to another individual, or employing mischief in my business (or there is reason to suspect same), I am fully entitled to go about my lawful business undisturbed.

On the other hand I am perfectly aware of my responsibilities, since I am not a child. And if authorities, such as Peace Officers or similar Agents, wish to converse with me, such as I can provide them with information enabling them to perform their duties, I have no objections. But my time is chargeable in this latter case, and requires a contract of agreement before it can take place.

An agreement can be made on the following basis:

1. Full Disclosure as to the nature of the contract. Police Officers may ask me any questions they choose. I will answer all questions as truthfully as I am able, based on knowledge in my possession, provided that this is always in the presence of a Solicitor. This contract to remain in force between the Start & End Dates/Times as shown below.

2. Consideration of the contract. For my part it must be assumed my knowledge comprises the item of value, being some reasonable and lawful excuse for the stop. On the part of the Police Authorities a sum of £20 per hour, or fractional part thereof, shall be payable as the equal item of value.

3. Lawful Terms & Conditions of the contract. This shall comprise the sole jurisdiction of Terms & Conditions under Common Law.

4. Signatures to the contract. These are made below and are lawfully binding on both parties.

My Self: ___________________________, as commonly called and Without Prejudice. (Printed: __________________________)
I do not consent to any agreements other than this one to which my signature is attached, and waive all attendant benefits of any other such services.

Peace Officer: __________________________ (Printed ____________________________) Number ________
Station _____________________

Start Date of contract _________________ Start Time of contract __________________
End Date of contract __________________ End Time of contract __________________

I don't know about the "Signature" bit. I don't think you'd find they would sign this anyway.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby jonboy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:59 pm

I like this a lot :hug:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby kevin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:14 am

Thanks for your help, No i dont expect any of "them" to sign it especially the signature one but as i wont be signing any of their forms or documents again it would be nice to hand it to them. just to make the offer, then i can refuse to sign theirs on the grounds they haven't agreed to my terms ;)
kevin

Postby Veronica » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:05 pm

Yes ... that's right.

BTW ... that was only a first draft. I'd like to see others maybe add some stuff ... for example "That any contract subsequently entered into shall be deemed to have started from the time this has been read by a member of the Police Authority".

(To prevent prevarication on their part. Which means they either get the advice & go ahead with the stop ... or let you go immediately. Or, to put it another way, such that they can't hold you for a day while they discuss it ... and then let you go)

And, by the way, the charge should be £200 per hour, pro rata (that's what Lawyers claim for their 'services').
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby Highspirit » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:49 pm

Oh yes, this is exactly what I am looking for. You see I have a solicitor company who are requesting details about a property I own and is based on some Statutes. I have no problem answering their questions but this will take me a little time to research my paperwork and provide a written response. Now they are not acting in my interests in anyway so I will not benefit from anything but I am happy to provide the answers they seek. I think I should be paid for this time taken to research and provide a response and certainly £200ph or part of seems pretty reasonable. What do you think?
Know Thyself
Highspirit

Postby kevin » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:56 pm

i remember a story on the news years ago, a bank had made a mistake causing someone to have to write to them, he sent the bank a bill for his time, they were legally obliged to pay it as they charge you when they have to write to you.

why is your time any less valuable than theirs....answer....it's not!
kevin

Postby huntingross » Mon May 18, 2009 6:37 pm

Yup, this sits very nicely with Copyright Trademark.

They (who ever they may be) might not have infringed my copyright but could still enter a contract.

I would say the duration of the contract is from the start date and time until settlement....what V has called the end of the contract is the duration of the 'consultation'

Stick a penny stamp in the bottom and get the blue stampy thingmummyjig out and stamp across it...bingo. job done.

I'll email my printer tonight.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby IamallthatIam » Mon May 18, 2009 8:07 pm

now this is going to be very useful, me thinks, Like you say not many will sign it but I can see a lot of people , not just policey men , backing out of their original assumption for stopping you, or enlisting your help. Just what I need!!
Invito beneficium non datur - A benefit is not conferred upon one against his consent.
I DO NOT offer legal advice
- "I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!" -

- Saffi Elder (Aged 7)-
IamallthatIam

Postby huntingross » Mon May 18, 2009 8:31 pm

This is my take on it, I have changed it from a 'Knowledge' based contract to a 'Time' based one.

CONTRACT OF AGREEMENT.

I, Mark: Jennings™ (MarkJ™), Natural Man , Creditor, Trustee, Secure Party, Author of the Copyright Name Trademark Claim autograph of the CAPITALIZED NAME ©MARK JENNINGS or any derivative or style of cause thereof, claim Common Law as the sole jurisdiction under which I enact my lawful business.

Unless I have been observed breaching the peace, causing harm or loss to another individual, or employing mischief in my business (or there is reason to suspect same), I am fully entitled to go about my lawful business undisturbed and without further detention.

However, should Police Officers / Agents et al, wish to converse with me such as I can provide them with information enabling them to perform their duties, I have no objections subject to the following Terms and Conditions of this Agreement :

1. Time is the ESSENCE of this Contract and is chargeable requiring this Agreement to be signed prior to any such conversation taking place.

2. Full Disclosure as to the nature of the contract. Police Officers and Agents et al, may ask me any questions they choose, I will answer all questions as truthfully as I am able, or willing.

3. Consideration of the Contract. For my part it must be acknowledged that my time comprises the item of value. On the part of the Police Officers / Agents et al, a sum of £20 per 5 minutes or part thereof, shall be payable as the equal item of value. The duration of the conversation will be recorded below.

4. Lawful Terms & Conditions of the contract. This shall comprise the sole jurisdiction of Terms & Conditions under Common Law.

5. Signatures to the contract. These are made below and are lawfully binding on both parties.

6. Police Officers and Agents et al, perform their duties under Superiors and are jointly and severally responsible to settle this Contract which remains in force until settlement is received in full by me as cleared funds, whereupon a receipt will be issued.

7. The terms for payment are 7 days from the Date of this Agreement whereupon the Account will increase by Three Times (3x). If the Account remains unpaid for a further 7 days, default action will follow without further notice.

Mark: Jennings™ autograph : __________________________of ©MARK JENNINGS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

I do not consent to ANY other Agreements implied or inferred by Police Officers / Agents et al, or other Third Parties, other than this Agreement to which my autograph is attached as agent to the CAPITALIZED NAME ©MARK JENNINGS. Any such attempt would be infringement of Copyright and will be subject to the Fee Schedule accompanying this Agreement.

Signature. Police Officer / Agent : _____________________ (Print __________________________)

Number ________ Station _____________________

Date of contract ______________20___ Time of contract ____:____

Duration ____h____m Sum £_____.00
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Next

Return to Help Wanted