Bank of Ireland Situation - Advice Please

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

Bank of Ireland Situation - Advice Please

Postby Liveguy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi folks,

I am new to this and have a basic understanding. Three months ago I lost my job, since then I have been living on government
benefits and my overdraft facility. I arranged a six month moratorium on my mortgage and have kep all other loans and credits
up to date. Basically, I continue to stay in honour. But, now I am at the stage where I simply cannot afford to pay everything
and understand that I can send off the letters to my lenders excluding my mortgage one. (Different Lender)

My hope is that within a few months time I will have learned a way to deal with my mortgage situation but untill then I have to deal
with my other debt. Whilst I continue to look for work through this crazy time, I sit on a €4500 overdraft, €2500 credit card 1,
€3000 credit card 2 and €300 with credit card 3. Plus I have a personal loan for €30K. Most of these are with the Bank of Ireland.

Can somebody give me some advice as to what to do here? The €30K is an unsecured loan with another lender, the rest are
with the Bank of Irleand. If I address the BOI in relation to one credit card, they will probably close all my other accounts which is
perfectly fine by me, I couldn't care less but I genuinely cannot pay this debt.

Some advice would be fantastic here if anybody can do so. I regret getting into so much debt for sure but after reading Mary
Crofts book and the wonderful posts in this forum, I understand that there is actually no debt to be paid but I don't want
to rush ahead of myself.

Anybody sincere out there willing to help me some bit would be greatfully welcomed.
God bless!
Liveguy out! :yes:
Liveguy

Re: Bank of Ireland Situation - Advice Please

Postby huntingross » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:45 pm

I'd like to say I have something for you, but I'm still trying to get an angle on it.

A4V is one route which seems to have variable results dependant on what you read....but the angle that seems to present itself is simpler (i hope....if it works)....you simply cash the slip into your account and then write a cheque to pay them off...the value you assign to the slip is the full amount of the debt.

I can't quite satisfy myself this will work....so am doing alot of homework at the moment.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Liveguy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi hunting,

Thanks mate for that. Keep digging and if you come up with something I will gladly chat to you about it.
I have heard of that process before but not sure how to go about it and of course it's effectivness.
Appreciate the comment.

Liveguy :8-):
Liveguy

Postby huntingross » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:58 pm

You'll know if it works, I'll be the one on the highest rooftop....shouting.

For know, just keep writing them letters offering the solutions possible under changing circumstances....it makes you reasonable, and them not so if they don't "play the game"
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:01 pm

I'm sure you have other threads on this?

pm member Tigereyes and see what she says, my friend

Good luck, as ever! :yes:
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby Liveguy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:18 pm

Thanks,

Will direct Tigereyes to this thread, might get some direction after that.
Thanks,
Liveguy
Liveguy

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:24 pm

If you click on the link I posted ie - tigereyes in blue, you should get the pm box to her, ready-set for a message, my friend
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby Liveguy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:51 pm

Yea BaldBeardedDude,

Got it! Thanks! Sent the link of the thread to Tigereyes.
Liveguy
Liveguy

Postby tigereyes » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi guys, oky doky, templates that are slightly diff to V's can be sent for credit cards,loans and any unsecured alleged debt, you make them work for their butter,and your money!! :grin: I have PM'd you the relevant templates as i have posted them on the forum previously, i am in the process of sorting them out to give to V so that she can put them for all to use, but i had a problem with the format and am having to change it!!! :blush:
However what you are basically doing is asking them to show you proof of claim that you have an agreement that is valid and all above board with yourself, now 9/10 they do not and under statute law, this renders any alleged debt unenforceable and therefore they cannot collect on the alleged debt. They are also not eligible to pass the alleged debt on to a third party collections agency whilst you cover your bum and send in an "Account in dispute" letter to the original creditor and or any collection agency, you effectively tie their hands. I can also help with stroppy collections agencies who threaten to ruin a credit record too, if they cannot substantiate the alleged debt, whether you have been paying on it previously or not does not mean admittance,then how can they issue a bad credit score against you?!! :puzz:
Once you have sent these templates off, recorded delivery you wait the time limit to respond, 12 + 2 days, upon which failure to supply you with what you have requested has rendered them at default, not you!!
Now i understand that this is doing it the statute way, but if it can be done and done correctly, with a bit of gumption and not giving into their bullying tactics, at least you have done it within their poxy law and got them off your back!! :yes:
Any questions just ask!!
hugs
Tigs x
tigereyes

Postby Liveguy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:04 pm

Hi Tigereyes,

Thank you so much for this. I really do appreciate it. I don't have any phone calls or letters yet but it won't be long untill I get them.
I want to get my ducks in line before I initiate anything. I will action this, again thank you. If I need anymore help, I will email you.

I also wanted to ask you about the accepted for value approach. I understand how they do it in the states, the procedures and routing numbers et.
I wanted to know if you have tried it successfully in this part of the world assuming of course you are from this part of the world!! lol

I heard that this is a much better remedy if you are closing accounts but then again I'm only learning. Would love your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Liveguy
Liveguy

Next

Return to Help Wanted