Page 1 of 1

PAYE - email to employer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:01 pm
by Phil: C
I’m thinking of writing to my employer, along these lines:


Despite its unusual content this email is not frivolous, so I would appreciate it if you would please read it very carefully.

I would like Staffordshire County Council to pay my salary in full, with no deductions. I assure you that I am an adult and am capable of dealing with my own income.

I anticipate that you will tell me that you are obliged to take my money away from me, and that you might quote statutes or regulations in support of this. I believe that you would be mistaken should you tell me this. Statutes and regulations apply only to people who consent to be governed by them. I do not consent to this.

I will therefore expect the sum of £____ to be transferred to my account on the appropriate day of each month from now on.

XXXXX, if you are unable to respond please feel free to forward this email to someone who can respond, and copy me in on your email so that I know who is dealing with this matter.

Please note that the language of this document is English as commonly used in the UK, and not legalese.

Sincerely, and without malice or vexation,

Phil: of the Cxxxxx family.

I know, I know, I work for the PTB – sorry, sorry, but it pays the bills! Well, some of them …

I would appreciate any comments please.

Phil C

Re: PAYE - email to employer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:29 am
by elemental mechanic
fantastic phil :clap:

part of me is saying how much longer do you want to work there, when they find out your serious you could end up getting a disciplinary. for what! :grr: , i don't know, misuse of government resources (sending the e mail that is) being a suspected al-qaeda member, but more than likely having the darn cheek to have a brain. :giggle:

all the best with it though and no matter what it will work out in your favour.

:peace: & :love:

Re: PAYE - email to employer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:45 am
by Phil: C
Thanks for that vote of confidence EM.

I plan to send it from my personal email address, so they won't be able to get me on that one! And if they try the disciplinary route on another pretext - well, I've been on their side of the desk so I say bring it on, I'm ready for you!

To be honest though it's more a piece of mischief-making than anything else - testing the water so to speak.

Phil C

Re: PAYE - email to employer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:41 am
by huntingross
There is another thread on this idea, and I have an FOI that makes it very clear (as far as the employer is concerned) there IS NO wriggle room for them....they will feel absolutely obliged to keep paying your taxes to avoid penalty from HMRC

I agreed with (who ever wrote on that thread) that bailing out on the basis of war crime, and notifying the employer that to avoid aid and abetting war crime, they should pay the tax element into my second account...discharging them of their liability.....

Seemed like a generous and honourable offer / solution....then the battle is between us and HMRC.

Found the link viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1194&hilit=+hmrc+account&start=10

Re: PAYE - email to employer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:01 pm
by Phil: C
Thanks HR.

I'm still finding my feet with all this and have not decided how far I want to take it. I'm saving the big guns for later, should I need them.

By all means move this thread - it makes sense. I did read the other one but in my mind it related to self-employed status - i was wrong, very unusual! :wink:

Re: PAYE - email to employer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:19 pm
by huntingross
Hi Aravat....wasn't suggesting a right and wrong, but equally, I didn't wan't to take credit for an idea....

It seemed like a good way out for the employer to save face, without standing accused of abetting.

Re: PAYE - email to employer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:34 am
by zone
Hi All,

I would have thought a better route is to bring a claim against HMRC. The employer will get shiftly when a servant makes a demand on them and then their master threatens legal action against them. I realise i'm making assumptions of perspective here, but no doubt, this is how they will see it.

I believe the correct process for this situation in line with redemption is to bring a claim against HMRC:

1. Notice of Claim
2. Affadavit of negative averment - 10 days to respond, ideally notorised with response to the notory
3. Notice of Fault, Opportunity to Cure - 3 days
4. Notice of Default

If done through the notory, you can create a certificate of non-response and get that notorised (and a certificate of service if you can find a notory that will send the affadavit).

If HMRC don't respond, which is 99.9% likely, you have a verified claim which can be filed into the court for administrative default judgement.

I imagine your claim would be based around the illegality of the Iraq War, claiming back all taxes in all the years to the start of the war. There may well be a "debate" as to the illegality of the war but if HMRC does not respond, they give their tacit acceptance to the claim.