Income Tax & NI

Income Tax & NI

Postby steven » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:54 pm

I'm thinking about dropping a note to my work asking them to stop paying my taxes for me and to let me deal with it myself. Has anyone tried this? Or would one have to go down the self-employed route.

I would expect something like this would do the trick....

Re: Income Tax & National Insurance

First of all, I'd like to thank you for dealing with my Income Tax & National Insurance on my behalf throughout my employment with XXXXXXX. However, I feel I am now old enough and wise enough to attend to my own financial affairs and no longer require you to do this.

That said, I would henceforth expect my salary paid in full, with no deductions, to the bank account you already hold on record. I will then be able to deal with any lawful obligations regarding Income Tax & National Insurance directly with the appropriate parties.

Should the corporation trading as HM REVENUE & CUSTOMS or any of it's subsidiaries contact you regarding this, I am certain that this letter will indemnify you of any dishonour and would suggest you direct their enquiries directly to me.

Steven: of the Currie family
Without Prejudice, ie all rights reserved.
Steven: of the Currie family
steven

Re: Income Tax & NI

Postby Free » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:25 am

Hi Steven.

I'd guess it will depend very much on the company you work for as to whether they would pay you on a sub contract or self employed basis. They might stipulate that you take out public liability cover which is around £150.

The only sure way would be to leave their employ and work for yourself. However if they do support you in your venture that would be a distinct advantage to you AND them because they would no longer be responsible for your NI contributions.

I can tell you from personal experience the worst that will happen when you do eventually stop paying NI is a visit from their 'representative' who will try telling you that you wont get your full pension. They cannot force you to give them YOUR money to look after for you for 40 odd years and then give you a pittance back in the form of YOUR money which they have made millions from whilst holding it for you.

As to tax, and in my opinion, if you register as 'self employed' you can expect the usual tax demands based upon your annual return. But if you dont register as 'self employed' theres little or nothing they can do to prove you've earned anything.

Personal tax is a tax on your labour, which is unlawful. a simple rebuttal will be enough to shut them up. You'll get a letter showing 'estimated' tax along with a whole host of 'deductions' resulting in a 00.00 final sum owed. (it's much easier for the tax to do this than it is to admit that they are ripping you off for your own sweat tax.

My poor accountant cant work out why the tax never ask me for anything. Funny really perhaps i could tell him why! He gets all shaky round tax return time and pleads with me to contact the tax before they 'come looking' for me!! Bless him.

Hope that helps you

Free
Ironic, that those who would consider us mad choose to live in the madness of an illusion
Free

Postby Wolf » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:33 am

Good reply free

Steven..I would NOT send that letter as it stands. Do not drag your employer into your reasoning OR try to educate/change them at this stage.

Simply state that you would like to carry on working for them BUT on a self employed basis. You could list the benefits such as they can then sack you at a moments notice. Companies like that.lol Freemen take those kinda risks.

Keep it simple and very kind and polite. How much you just LOVE working for them etc etc
Wolf

Postby fries&brimstone » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:13 am

Hello Free -

Free wrote:As to tax, and in my opinion, if you register as 'self employed' you can expect the usual tax demands based upon your annual return. But if you dont register as 'self employed' theres little or nothing they can do to prove you've earned anything.

Personal tax is a tax on your labour, which is unlawful. a simple rebuttal will be enough to shut them up. You'll get a letter showing 'estimated' tax along with a whole host of 'deductions' resulting in a 00.00 final sum owed. (it's much easier for the tax to do this than it is to admit that they are ripping you off for your own sweat tax.

As a self-employed person of ten years or so I've found myself thinking increasingly about this. I'm coming to the understanding that a tax form is in effect a consent form to continue the abuse. You seem to infer that simply by describing myself as 'self-employed' I am consenting to being fleeced. Would you say this is accurate?

I'm perfectly aware that just about all power is derived from the people stringing themselves up, via ignorance born of deceit. Have you proven said tax on our labour is unlawful? What form did your rebuttal take?

I'm sick to death of my taxes paying nothing more than the interest on the national debt - and to private, internationalist bankers!

E.
fries&brimstone

Postby mOz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:32 am

hi free!
At the risk of asking a daft 'un, why do you need an accountant if you don't pay tax :?:

Thank-you

mOz
They said "The world may end in 2012''
They said " The NWO has a depopulation agenda"
I said "Pigs may fly"
Then swine flu...........

mOz (July 2009)
mOz

Postby huntingross » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:02 am

I've just been starting to turn my mind to this topic, taxed at source, so its good to see the question being flagged up....I seem to remember that its illegal to make deductions from a pay packet without consent....or that might just be wishful thinking....of course I'm sure my employer would tell me its in my contract, although i don't remember seeing it in there.

I was thinking about an email to the wages department....put simply, i'd like to take control of my own tax affairs, thanks very much.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Free » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:00 pm

An excellent point Moz...I dont need him now. I did, until about three years ago when i broke free and still affectionately refer to him as 'my accountant'! I shall make a change and simply now refer to him as 'Nick my former accountant' hehe

I agree whole heartedly with Wolf's comments Steven

Yes Fries I would say that we are giving our consent by filling out the forms for companies house. We are in effect creating a corporation liable to tax including our own 'personal' salary. Also, by 'registering' with companies house we are handing title of the corporation over to them and becoming an employee of the companies house corporation...instant slavery I'd say.

My rebuttal to companies house came in two forms. Firstly by spending all available profits on investments such as stock, advertising, equipment etc thus showing zero profits for the year end. Then, by notice of discharge and request for clarification of who [MR MYSELF] actually was, legally speaking and how any tax could be due from a fiction known as that 'name'...I've not heard anything from either the tax or the VAT for over 3 years now.

Tax neednt be taxing...! well they said it didnt they!!! they just dont tell you why...
Ironic, that those who would consider us mad choose to live in the madness of an illusion
Free

Postby steven » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:57 am

Thanks for your input guys, I'll have quiet word with the payroll guy when he gets back next week.
steven

Postby mOz » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:42 am

LOL
Love your avatar Steven.
Is it a good likeness? :D

Peace
mOz
They said "The world may end in 2012''
They said " The NWO has a depopulation agenda"
I said "Pigs may fly"
Then swine flu...........