Remittance

Remittance

Postby huntingross » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:11 pm

So, bless 'em...HMRC have sent me a £100 penalty for filing my self assessment late, when I already told them I ceased beinf self employed.

Now, if I'm understanding this correctly, the payment slip at the bottom of the statement is a 'remittance' slip and all I have to do to throw the cat firmly in with his feathered pals is to write a value on it and return it to them, and await the letter stating the cheque wasn't in there, whereupon I ask them to send one of those instead...and the game commences.

Or, have I got the wrong end of the smelly stick and this is a payment slip and I need to go down the other route of no one of that name lives here...

Helpful hints greatfully received.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Re: Remittance

Postby Wolf » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:33 pm

Iam no expert on this but want to support you until Veronica gives you a more authoratative response ! This is exactly the sort of case history that would suit this good forum.

John H would of course post them a copy of his Birth Certificate saying hear we are talk to him. Another thought is that by opening the letter you either already got under their jurisdiction or interfered with Her maj's post by opening a letter not addressed to you. lol

Having been of no help (sorry) your take IS how I understand it. I love it..you send me a cheque and I`ll send it back.

I GUESS another angle is the HM letter which admits money has no value. They either accept they want NO VALUE or they attach value which is deception. Lovely stuff.
Wolf

Postby Veronica » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:43 pm

Personally I'd have a go at A4V on this one ... and I have a sneaking suspicion you'll either succeed (and prove something) ... or they will suddenly discover they made a mistake (possible).

If you want to try the A4V the instructions are here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=121
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby huntingross » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:11 pm

Thanks Wolf, you're right of course...absolutely no help, but amusing non the less....and interesting point...by claiming I am not that person does raise the point of why did i open the letter in the first place and commit a crime by interfering with mail....rather I should just return to sender...not at this address.

I'll check out the A4V Veronica and see which route to go here...I do fancy the return of their own remittance slip though...maybe I'll do both just to be bloody minded.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby huntingross » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Ah....right....I've got it....get the remittance slip and do my thing on the back...take my £100 statement and value their slip at say £1000 and then write to them requesting a repayment on my 'in credit' account...and then go buy myself a jolly nice meal somewhere.

Loving this...
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Wolf » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:32 pm

Interfering with maj's post used to be extremely serious. Treasonous or something. I will research. BUT the thing to watch imho is to make sure they are not giving us enough rope to hang ourselves. For example someone said a NOU WITHOUT an affidavit is treasonous. I have absolutely NO idea BUT it illustrates the point I`am making.

So staying with this...could they say (in closed court or something) Yes we were addressing a fiction and you opened it..your nicked. Just a thought.

I think this should be thrashed out. For fun !
Wolf

Postby huntingross » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:42 pm

A bit like doing Capone for tax evasion....in the context, slightly ironic.

On the balance of probability...anything with my name in caps is something I don't want to read, sometimes its a refund or rebate....

However, if I stop paying my tax, I don't need to worry about refunds and rebates, which only leaves things I don't want to read...so I'll just return them all 'not at this address'...the safest option.

I'm now curious about the affidavit thing, as I'm ploughing through my Notice and getting it into shape.

(just read Wiki....isn't the Notice in effect an affidavit - a sworn statement with witnesses on oath)
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Wolf » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:49 pm

I have no idea about the Affidavit..I used it as an example.

Postal Services Act 2000...( Notice the word PERSON !!)

84 Interfering with the mail: general

(1) A person commits an offence if, without reasonable excuse, he—
(a) intentionally delays or opens a postal packet in the course of its transmission by post, or
(b) intentionally opens a mail-bag.
(2) Subsections (2) to (5) of section 83 apply to subsection (1) above as they apply to subsection (1) of that section.
(3) A person commits an offence if, intending to act to a person’s detriment and without reasonable excuse, he opens a postal packet which he knows or reasonably suspects has been incorrectly delivered to him.
(4) Subsections (2) and (3) of section 83 (so far as they relate to the opening of postal packets) apply to subsection (3) above as they apply to subsection (1) of that section.
(5) A person who commits an offence under subsection (1) or (3) shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to both.
Wolf

Postby huntingross » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:05 am

Thank goodness for that, I was wondering if it was a crime, but I noticed with relief its just a statute....ha...like I would have said that a week ago....I would still do horrible things in my pants if the summons landed on my mat....but then working on my new theory, i would just deface it and return it.

Also found this in a Canadian NOU...I'm using it...I like it...it sounds like one of those daft puzzles

The universal maxim of law, to wit; the partner (Government) of my partner (agent: MARK JENNINGS) is not my partner (Freeman)applies herein and is in full force and effect

So it doesn't matter really....i still dont get it...i think the answer is the front door is blue or something...i'll never get into MENSA
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Wolf » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:10 am

I ndon't have the brain (patience) for complex lingo. Double speak I think they call it. Would sure confuse them.
Wolf

Next

Return to Income tax only