Canadian Income Tax Refund for 2007

Re: Canadian Income Tax Refund for 2007

Postby Veronica » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:27 am

huntingross wrote:I can't claim any knowledge or experience above what I hear on the news

Neither can I these days ... since mine are 30, 35 & 40.

But I do know that Social Services, NHS, and all other agencies lie in their teeth, perjure themselves, fix & fake evidence, and that includes the Crown Prosecution Service and Policymen. And, btw, the CAB.

And the 'Family Court' is nothing more than a den of iniquity.

Yes ... it will be mostly accusations against parents ... but there are 'wayward children' who are 'subject' to multiple ASBOs.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby wayland » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:25 pm

nice one mr anderson :D Am sifting through the income tax regulations and am struggling to find anywhere about employers obligations on paying your tax.
has anyone read anywhere or can point me in the right direction or any advice about this issue.

thank you
"By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise." - Adolph Hitler
wayland

Postby huntingross » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:43 pm

I'm going to check my contract of employment, I'm reasonably confident that I didn't consent to my employer doing it on my behalf.

The Canadian tax refund was premised on the fact he had not declared tax but had made payment on account, hence the Zero debt, $5k credit.

When I was self employed, my accountant submitted my 'debt' and I paid on account...but the question is pertinent to the employer doing this for me, if I didn't sign (consent) to this in my contract, there is no contract between me and the HMRC (third party), and if that were the case, isn't it 'illegal' to make deductions at source from someones pay !!

Assuming all this to be the case, it would appear possible to enter zero debt and therefore claim the tax refund....I notice I don't get HMRC statements since I became PAYE.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby wayland » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:06 pm

Ive checked my contract and it has nothing about their role in paying tax for me, it just says how much and how i will be paid and stuff about taking money back if they overpay me!

Could it be they would refuse on the grounds of its the way their system works and cant do it!!
"By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise." - Adolph Hitler
wayland

Postby huntingross » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:07 pm

I'd rather upset HMRC than payroll....

As i haven't declared any tax since i became PAYE in 06, i would say my statement should have credits and no debt...

This all assumes they give in as easily as the Canadian example (unlikely) but starting with a request for statements since whenever (in my case 06) would seem a good first step.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby RobbieHall » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:21 pm

I've got my statement of payments to them, but when I called about 2 weeks ago, they didn't have any forms! And when I called again this morning, they still didn't!

And they seemed fairly reluctant to provide me with a copy of the Income Tax Act 2007, which leads me to ask, if they expect to be paid, why won't they let me see the payment guidelines?
RobbieHall

Postby geebee » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:22 pm

RobbieHall wrote:
And they seemed fairly reluctant to provide me with a copy of the Income Tax Act 2007

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Income+Tax+Act+2007
geebee

Postby RobbieHall » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:22 pm

Cheers very much for that, but it was kind of against the point I was trying to make, I should have mentioned this really.

If I, out of no choice, am to stick to a strict and exhaustative set of rules, then I feel that I should be presented these rules, in their full detail at no expense to myself.

I was directed towards a website by a gentleman on the phone at the Office of Public Information, but who's to say I don't have a computer? And to get hard copy would cost a fortune in paper and ink, so in order to adhere to the rules I must first obtain some of their money.

Ridiculous.
RobbieHall

Postby RobbieHall » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Right, I received my R40 forms yesterday :)

They're a lot more daunting than I was hoping for though, lots of boxes I don't need to fill in, and I want to get this right first time, given how long I had to wait for these forms!!

And there isn't a convinient place to write out the information about not being a person and so on next to the declareation, but I should be able to get it on there. If I can find someone with a scanner, I'll try and get copies up here.
RobbieHall

Postby jonboy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:16 pm

"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

PreviousNext

Return to Income tax only