RE: COURT SEIZURE

Discuss issues relating to the Police Force.

RE: COURT SEIZURE

Postby Pat Mac » Thu May 31, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi to everyone here's one for you
Can anyone pz justify this
A few wks back my son recieved a letter from Cheshire Constabulary it stated: Last April 2011 and again in May 2011 my son and a couple of pals were travelling thro Cheshire and were stopped they got searched on both occasions and their money was taken on both occasions my son can't remember the total but he had £160 and with his pals money it came to over £400 (on 1 of the stops) a week or so later he recieved a notice stating if he wanted his money back he had to attend a hearing in Warrington mags. He never attended since he had no car and it would have cost him £60 in taxi's and if he didn't get it back it was more money to lose. a few wks later he recieved another letter stating the court had ordered in his absence that his money would be seized and the judge decided he is also liable for court costs and legal fees which amounted to £600.00 for siezing his cash.

He never paid these costs and was recently arrested (for another matter)the house got searched and he was held in custody for a few weeks during the search of my home they removed a box of mixed coins that was in my sons bedroom (since this may be evidence???) saving up his change. However all charges were dropped and he was released which should have meant his money too. except....
this letter went on to say that they were aware of the recent search of the property he lives at and that there was cash totalling £430 taken by police and I also note that there is still outstanding £600 owed to the courts from last year and that they would be keeping this money to pay towards the moneis owed this left a balance of £160 still owed so please pay this amount within 14 days to avoid interest being added.
IS THIS A JOKE OR WHAT? how can they justify these actions WTF is that about it seems to me if you got any money then keep it safely hidden or the nice policemen will take it and keep it if he wants to I thought this was called street robbery without a uniform that's exactly what you'd be charged with how can they justify this? it's absurd.Pat Mac

Private message Top
Pat Mac

Re: RE: COURT SEIZURE

Postby pedawson » Thu May 31, 2012 8:54 pm

Pat Mac
I am at a loss. Your son was stopped by police on a train / Car / Bus?
What was the reason for the stop?
They seized £400 of which your sons was £160. Was there NO receipt for the cash taken and why was money taken?
They asked him in a letter if he wanted his money back? was that £160 or £400?
What about his mates? What about the money they took from them?

The whole story seems, on the face of it, a bit of a tall one. This is not the MO of any police as I understand it, even in today's (police) corrupt society.
Nothing else was taken.

He was asked to go to court, what was the charge?

I have read (back) your previous posts and am startled at your surprise that your son was stopped. there is quite a bit of history and no one here really knows the run down. You state that he was stopped and money was taken and then state (on ONE of the sops)? What was it?

There is NO information here and as I see it, no one in their right mind would comment.
He was recently arrested for (ANOTHER matter) and the police have seized more money (coins) that MAY be used in evidence.

It is imperative that you either tell us what the problem is or stop asking questions.
When he was held in custody, was he held for a WEEK, 2 weeks or more?

For those other members - I strongly suggest that you keep your suggestions regarding this to yourselves until all the facts are laid before us. To do otherwise MAY just land you in HOT water.

I will say no more until I know more however I believe there is more to this story than meets the eye and it may just involve the (specials) Stories of this kind have HIT this forum before and I believe I know why.

Now I could be wrong and I hope I am, however, lets see if the Whole story holds water. I will not be holding my breath.

Namaste, rev; You have been warned.
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby Prajna » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Pat, it looks to me like you quoted this from somewhere, so there is no point really in me saying that if you want help with something then you are more likely to get a useful reply if you write intelligeable english. I will say, though, that it would be helpful if you would point out that it is a quote rather than your own (unintelligeable) writing.

Sorry to rant at you in particular, since so many come to this forum and post cryptic and confusing requests for help or advice and those who may be in a position to offer such are unable to understand the request or do not have the patience needed in order to interpret the tangled narrative.

Well done Rev for the commendable effort to do so; I'm not sure you answered Pat's question because I'm not sure it is possible to distinguish which remarks come from Pat, which from police/court correspondence or the kid involved.

Namaste
FREEDOM Best Before: 11 Sept 2001
http://tomboy-pink.co.uk/ and http://DeclarePeace.org.uk/
Prajna

Postby Pat Mac » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Look Thanks for replying to my post
Sorry I havent't repliied sooner is I spilt water on my lap top...

I feel so ridiculous I was told this story by my son and it's nt fabricated at all I do have the letter here from Cheshire police regarding the money confiscated etc. However soon as I read the post I started asking him these Q's and lets just say my understanding of the situation was incorrect. Which only came to light once I made a complete dickhead of myself and gullible to the max: I totally apologise sincerely I am so embarrassed. :blush:
I obviously don't no wot I'm talking about. Im just sorry ok please delete me
Pat Mac

Return to Police Jurisdiction