PACE

Discuss issues relating to the Police Force.

PACE

Postby pooky2483 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:49 am

I just downloaded a copy of PACE 1984 from legislation.gov and was just skipping through it and saw this;

(8) The offences to which subsection (7)(b)(i) abopve applies are -
(a) burglary;
(b) theft;
(c) offences under section 12 of the Theft Act 1968 (taking motor vehicle or other conveyance without authority);
[f5(d) Fraud (contrary to section1 of the Fraud Act 2006)][f6;and
(e) offenses under section 1 of the Criminal Damage Act 1971 (destroying or damaging property).]

I thought 'conveyance' was common law speak and not of Act's & Statutes and 'they' couldnt touch us if we stood under common Law.

I know the next bit is not to do with the subject but 'The Esablishment' like to use some common Law - 'Common Law Man & Wife'
pooky2483

Re: PACE

Postby 1965freeman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:45 pm

More to the point - it PROVES that 'they' do have to recognise that not 'all things with 4 wheels and possibly an engine' are "motor vehicles', but MAY well be simply a PRIVATE CONVEYANCE - and therefore NOT subject to all the 'motor vehicles' legislation...
"Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew.” (G.Apollinaire)
I do not offer legal advice, I offer common sense suggestions based on shared knowledge.
1965freeman

Return to Police Jurisdiction