1. I only changed my Given Name … so “forename” would change to “name”, and all specifics would also change accordingly if both Given & Family Names are changed.
2. The Solicitor witnessed it, and he wrote “A Solicitor” underneath his signature.. Anyone can witness it. Three witnesses are better than one. “A Housewife” would do just as well.
3. It's on yellow 'parchment' paper, but then that's just because a Solicitor did it.
I've since been told - on very good authority - that a Solicitor is not necessary. All you need are independent witnesses. 3 of those = One Solicitor .. in fact even just one witness would do the trick, I would think. Why not? One's word is as good as anyone else.
4. Whenever presenting it, you will probably have to accompany it with your Berth Certificate (for good measure)
5. YOU ARE TAKING OATH HENCEFORTH NEVER TO USE YOUR ORIGINAL NAME in order to remain in honour.
(I think I'm OK posting this up, because my signature is not very much like that one these days. In fact there is a very significant difference that distinguishes from those days)
AFTER DOING THIS YOU CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING - BUT - YOUR BERTH CERTIFICATE.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)