Term Time Hollidays Banned

We welcome all new members and visitors to the Forum, please introduce yourself here, point to your own website/blog or point to articles of interest that you have created.

Term Time Hollidays Banned

Postby jonathan01n » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:52 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-39504338#comp-comments-button
Basically the article says it all. School attendance is the personal business between parents and school and coporations should not involved in this matter.
The 120 pound fine seems like a method to generate cash for this company
Any views?
:grin:
jonathan01n

Re: Term Time Hollidays Banned

Postby cassandra » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:34 pm

The basic argument that removal from term time schooling is disruptive to others as well as the child is sound and reasonable.
The £120 fine is applied because not all people are reasonable and willing to accede to reasonable ideas and must be coerced into reasonable action.
The idea that it seems like just a revenue raising ploy is the freeman's logic-trapped answer and a way to avoid a real examination of the matter.
However, if you have children in their schools I have to ask - Why? Why are you subjecting your children to their propaganda conditioning programme which teaches nothing of value - unlike the real teaching that their own kids are given? They at least get something of value to them in the real world. While your kids are learning the list of kings and queens which will be utterly useless to them, theirs are learning the grammar, logic and rhetoric with which they will dominate your children in the next generation of slaves and slave masters.
The answer is that you have lived, and continue to live, an unexamined life.
Cassandra.
cassandra

Re: Term Time Hollidays Banned

Postby cassandra » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:21 pm

I was just wondering how it would be if the shoe were on the other foot and the teachers just popped off on holiday willy nilly. Would outraged parents - who actually think their children are getting a good education - be unhappy to see the threat of a £120 fine placed on teachers who did so? Somehow I rather doubt it.
The only way to live without threat of any penalty is to live entirely lawfully and for all men to be completely reasonable at all times. I suspect we will always have laws and there will always be those who are occasionally unhappy with the way they occasionally impinges on their wants. A holiday abroad, after all, is not a necessity, is it?
Is this a good time to remind people to read the small print before they agree to a contract? Schooling is a contract and contracts often contain penalty clauses.
Cassandra.
cassandra

Return to Welcome to the Freeman-on-the-land Forum